Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, 12:51 - Nov 12 with 11402 viewschicoazul

is now offering all adults ongoing re-education opportunities & the chance to learn ever more about the ongoing revolutionary class war struggle towards freedom and Marxist enlightenment.

(Please note lifelong re-education is mandatory and in the case of any comrades' failure to attend re-education, may be conducted at your local Gulag)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50378666

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:28 - Nov 12 with 2295 viewsmonytowbray

Imagine reading a link about a proposal to help people retrain to learn new skills in the job market and coming to that conclusion.

Perhaps they could retrain as legal drug dealers?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:28 - Nov 12 with 2300 viewsGaryCooper

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:19 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

i don't disagree with that at all. but what was the status of those policy announcements? they didn't say, when they announced these policies, that they didn't really mean them and that they were unaffordable and wouldn't go any further. they certainly gave the impression that they were announcing policies in the sense of them being things that they intended to do.

It clearly requires a statement of intentions and then aspirations. Student loans and their proposed termination in the pre last election speeches, were taken as intentions but were in fact aspirations.
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:30 - Nov 12 with 2288 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 13:37 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

Imagine being the sort of person upset at the prospect of people getting an education.
You'd have to work in military intelligence to be that thick.

Boo, down with education and training. What we need is more bluster and Dunkirk spirit (and a thick populous willing to swallow Boris' lies).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:31 - Nov 12 with 2285 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:28 - Nov 12 by GaryCooper

It clearly requires a statement of intentions and then aspirations. Student loans and their proposed termination in the pre last election speeches, were taken as intentions but were in fact aspirations.

but an intelligent and careful reader like dk thought that they were 'policy announcements'. if he doesn't know the difference what about all the thickies reading momentum's social media feed?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:33 - Nov 12 with 2277 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:11 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

someone disagrees with you, quick they're a tory. please could you try and come up with a new insult.

the £1.2 trillion comes from everything labour has promised. i don't doubt that the precise figure to put against each promise can be challenged. but which of their past promises are they going to abandon?

No, not "someone." Specifically: you.

The £1.2 trillion is nonsense. Read the full fact article I linked if you don't believe me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:35 - Nov 12 with 2267 viewsGaryCooper

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:31 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

but an intelligent and careful reader like dk thought that they were 'policy announcements'. if he doesn't know the difference what about all the thickies reading momentum's social media feed?

Never mind the thickies, what about all the bookish JC labour voters that attend Glastonbury?
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:39 - Nov 12 with 2251 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:33 - Nov 12 by BrixtonBlue

No, not "someone." Specifically: you.

The £1.2 trillion is nonsense. Read the full fact article I linked if you don't believe me.

i have done. as I said in reply to someone else, you can challenge the precise figures on individual items but I think the methodology is not unfair. it is perfectly legitimate for people to try and cost policy announcements.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:41 - Nov 12 with 2242 viewsDarth_Koont

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:31 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

Don’t be a specious twerp.

You know 1.2 trillion isn’t a figure you should be using.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:42 - Nov 12 with 2237 viewsGaryCooper

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:28 - Nov 12 by GaryCooper

Just checked the 2017 labour manifesto announcement and scraping was a policy not an aspiration, given that later that year the party stated that it was in fact an aspiration does that make them untrustworthy, or chaotic, or inconsistent or all three?
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:44 - Nov 12 with 2224 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:41 - Nov 12 by Darth_Koont

Don’t be a specious twerp.

You know 1.2 trillion isn’t a figure you should be using.

I don't think it's a very long way out. now perhaps the manifesto will pull back from some of their previous promises and they'll bring the total down in that way? but they'll have to make sure they remember what they're no longer promising.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:45 - Nov 12 with 2220 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:39 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

i have done. as I said in reply to someone else, you can challenge the precise figures on individual items but I think the methodology is not unfair. it is perfectly legitimate for people to try and cost policy announcements.

They haven't just costed policy announcements though. "Other numbers seem overstated, either by double counting costs or assuming Labour would introduce the fully fledged policy from day one, rather than phasing it in."

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:47 - Nov 12 with 2207 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:44 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

I don't think it's a very long way out. now perhaps the manifesto will pull back from some of their previous promises and they'll bring the total down in that way? but they'll have to make sure they remember what they're no longer promising.

"I don't think it's a very long way out."

Based on what? This is just a meaningless statement.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:49 - Nov 12 with 2198 viewsDarth_Koont

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:44 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

And you and the Conservatives will retract your 1.2 trillion figure?

I’m still going with my 2 trillion figure ... actually let’s say 3 just for a laugh.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:50 - Nov 12 with 2196 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:47 - Nov 12 by BrixtonBlue

"I don't think it's a very long way out."

Based on what? This is just a meaningless statement.

based on having read it.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:50 - Nov 12 with 2196 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:39 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

If you'd read the price you'd see why the methodology is unfair. There's double counting in there, no acknowledgement of cost saving, things costed over 5 years rather than the 10+ years. And again, we don't actually know what will be in this manifesto yet.

It's a flawed methodology to cost a manifesto that doesn't yet exist for initiatives that may not be in it, some of which may be longer term aspirations.

It's fiction, a lie.

Meanwhile we can't get a cost out of them for the Brexit withdrawal agreement they brokered and passed its first reading in parliament.

If you can't see what's wrong with all this you're a lost cause.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:50 - Nov 12 with 2185 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:24 - Nov 12 by StokieBlue

The problem I have is that even if the policy isn't in the manifesto some people are likely to think it is (realistically how many people read them?).

If you make loads of policy announcements all promising nice things and then only do some of them some people might vote under the misconception that one of the policies they heard will be enacted when it didn't actually make the manifesto.

"Many of the figures behind this estimate are uncertain or based on flawed assumptions."

This is definitely true - the Tories were foolish to publish anything like this before the manifesto and people are right to point that out forcefully.

I do think it's only fair to highlight that FullFact said something very similar about the Labour costings document last time which was largely ignored on here. If it's a good standard for one it should be a good standard for all for the upcoming campaign.

SB
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 14:25]

Not sure about FullFact but C4 Fact Check certainly cast some aspersions on the affordability of the last Labour manifesto:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-the-labour-manifesto

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:52 - Nov 12 with 2180 viewsStokieBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:50 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure about FullFact but C4 Fact Check certainly cast some aspersions on the affordability of the last Labour manifesto:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-the-labour-manifesto

That might be my mistake, similar names and many pints since the last election.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:52 - Nov 12 with 2177 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:50 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

If you'd read the price you'd see why the methodology is unfair. There's double counting in there, no acknowledgement of cost saving, things costed over 5 years rather than the 10+ years. And again, we don't actually know what will be in this manifesto yet.

It's a flawed methodology to cost a manifesto that doesn't yet exist for initiatives that may not be in it, some of which may be longer term aspirations.

It's fiction, a lie.

Meanwhile we can't get a cost out of them for the Brexit withdrawal agreement they brokered and passed its first reading in parliament.

If you can't see what's wrong with all this you're a lost cause.

then labour will need to say which of it's previous announcements have been dropped and show it's own costing. but, whether the tory costing is right or wrong, it's not a lie. it's an opinion which you disagree with. calling things you disagree with a lie is frankly childish.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:53 - Nov 12 with 2172 viewschicoazul

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 13:43 - Nov 12 by Darth_Koont

You really are a glib numpty, aren't you?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:13 - Nov 12 with 2129 viewshampstead_blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 13:37 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

Imagine being the sort of person upset at the prospect of people getting an education.
You'd have to work in military intelligence to be that thick.

Who is upset at a more open education system?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:35 - Nov 12 with 2100 viewsBlueBadger

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:13 - Nov 12 by hampstead_blue

Who is upset at a more open education system?

Given that you were upvoting Chico mocking someone planning on offering more funding and support to the much neglected field of adult education, you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:36 - Nov 12 with 2100 viewsBlueBadger

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:28 - Nov 12 by monytowbray

Imagine reading a link about a proposal to help people retrain to learn new skills in the job market and coming to that conclusion.

Perhaps they could retrain as legal drug dealers?

Chico IS quite dim, in all fairness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:47 - Nov 12 with 2087 viewsDarth_Koont

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:53 - Nov 12 by chicoazul

Yes, I'm the one being childish and getting triggered ...

First rule of trolling, chickers. You're meant to make OTHER people look stupid.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:49 - Nov 12 with 2080 viewschicoazul

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:47 - Nov 12 by Darth_Koont

Yes, I'm the one being childish and getting triggered ...

First rule of trolling, chickers. You're meant to make OTHER people look stupid.

I don't know the rules of trolling so i'll bow to your obvious expertise, you humourless cry baby.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:51 - Nov 12 with 2075 viewsDarth_Koont

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:49 - Nov 12 by chicoazul

I don't know the rules of trolling so i'll bow to your obvious expertise, you humourless cry baby.

It was a joke? Thanks for telling everyone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024