Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, 12:51 - Nov 12 with 11400 viewschicoazul

is now offering all adults ongoing re-education opportunities & the chance to learn ever more about the ongoing revolutionary class war struggle towards freedom and Marxist enlightenment.

(Please note lifelong re-education is mandatory and in the case of any comrades' failure to attend re-education, may be conducted at your local Gulag)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50378666

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:52 - Nov 12 with 4084 viewschicoazul

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:51 - Nov 12 by Darth_Koont

It was a joke? Thanks for telling everyone.

Not everyone, just you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 16:06 - Nov 12 with 4055 viewsgordon

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 13:53 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

but when you're spending an extra £1.2 trillion another £5 billion from corporation tax or £2 billion from reducing tax avoidance isn't really going to scratch the surface. there's a limit to the number of times you can use the same money.

How did you get to the £1.2 trillion calculation?
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 16:19 - Nov 12 with 4031 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:52 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

then labour will need to say which of it's previous announcements have been dropped and show it's own costing. but, whether the tory costing is right or wrong, it's not a lie. it's an opinion which you disagree with. calling things you disagree with a lie is frankly childish.

Of course they will, when they release their manifesto.

It's a matter of fact that Labour haven't released a manifesto yet. Not an opinion. I don't agree that Labour will spend £1.2 trillion, I don't disagree. I don't know how much their manifesto pledges will cost. Nobody does yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 16:57 - Nov 12 with 4003 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:52 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

then labour will need to say which of it's previous announcements have been dropped and show it's own costing. but, whether the tory costing is right or wrong, it's not a lie. it's an opinion which you disagree with. calling things you disagree with a lie is frankly childish.

No it's definitely a lie. They've exaggerated, double counted and even costed something that Labour has ruled out!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:08 - Nov 12 with 3988 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 16:57 - Nov 12 by BrixtonBlue

No it's definitely a lie. They've exaggerated, double counted and even costed something that Labour has ruled out!

a lie isn't just something that is wrong - a lie must involve the intent to deceive. agree with them or not, they have set out their workings and their assumptions in full. they have justified their conclusion - you may think they are wrong but that doesn't mean they have lied. jeez.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:10 - Nov 12 with 3987 viewsJ2BLUE

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 16:57 - Nov 12 by BrixtonBlue

Lets wait and see what they promise in their manifesto and how it's costed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:17 - Nov 12 with 3970 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:08 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

a lie isn't just something that is wrong - a lie must involve the intent to deceive. agree with them or not, they have set out their workings and their assumptions in full. they have justified their conclusion - you may think they are wrong but that doesn't mean they have lied. jeez.

Come on lowers, you're not that naive. Of course they intended to deceive. And the fact that you were happily quoting the £1.2 trillion earlier in the threads shows it's worked!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:36 - Nov 12 with 3955 viewseireblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:08 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

How can it not be an attempt to deceive?

“Corbyn’s Labour has committed to an additional spending splurge of £1.2 trillion over the next five years if they get elected.”

Where is the commitment?
Login to get fewer ads

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:41 - Nov 12 with 3937 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:36 - Nov 12 by eireblue

How can it not be an attempt to deceive?

“Corbyn’s Labour has committed to an additional spending splurge of £1.2 trillion over the next five years if they get elected.”

Where is the commitment?

they've shown their workings and assumptions. they have a reasoned basis for what they claim. you may disagree with their assumptions and their conclusions more strongly than you've ever disagreed with something in your life. to you all that they argue may be wronger than the wrongest wrong, but that doesn't mean they lied. jeez.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 17:44]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:43 - Nov 12 with 3932 viewslowhouseblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:17 - Nov 12 by BrixtonBlue

Come on lowers, you're not that naive. Of course they intended to deceive. And the fact that you were happily quoting the £1.2 trillion earlier in the threads shows it's worked!

how have they deceived if they have set out in detail exactly what they have assumed, where their figures come from and how they have carried out their calculation. jeez. this is the curse of the internet (or one of them).

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:48 - Nov 12 with 3920 viewseireblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:41 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

they've shown their workings and assumptions. they have a reasoned basis for what they claim. you may disagree with their assumptions and their conclusions more strongly than you've ever disagreed with something in your life. to you all that they argue may be wronger than the wrongest wrong, but that doesn't mean they lied. jeez.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 17:44]

The word they have used was “committed”.

Not “what we have assumed and estimated”

It is a lie.

If you want Trump style politics, or even a return to gentle Blair style spinning, crack on.

If you don’t, call a lie a lie, even if it is about someone you don’t like.
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:56 - Nov 12 with 3912 viewsfooters

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:48 - Nov 12 by eireblue

The word they have used was “committed”.

Not “what we have assumed and estimated”

It is a lie.

If you want Trump style politics, or even a return to gentle Blair style spinning, crack on.

If you don’t, call a lie a lie, even if it is about someone you don’t like.

lowhouse a Blairite? Well I never.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 19:01 - Nov 12 with 3892 viewshampstead_blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:35 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

Given that you were upvoting Chico mocking someone planning on offering more funding and support to the much neglected field of adult education, you?

He was being ironic.

I'm all for education.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 19:27 - Nov 12 with 3877 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 17:43 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

how have they deceived if they have set out in detail exactly what they have assumed, where their figures come from and how they have carried out their calculation. jeez. this is the curse of the internet (or one of them).

Because a lot of people don't look at the detail, they just look at the headline "£1.2 trillion".

They costed something that Labour have said they're not doing. They've double counted some. They've costed others as if Labour would introduce the fully fledged policy from day one - deliberately exaggerating to the worst case scenario.

It's blatant.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 19:46 - Nov 12 with 3857 viewsBlueBadger

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 19:01 - Nov 12 by hampstead_blue

He was being ironic.

I'm all for education.

When are you planning on obtaining some?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:05 - Nov 12 with 3855 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

In principle, i like this proposal from Labour.
As a chap of a certain vintage, i see an opportunity here to extend my working life well beyond retirement age.
How it,s funded is obviously up for debate, as 2 previous pages suggest, but the idea is sound.

Perhaps i can retrain as the haslet slicer in a well known supermarket chain footers

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:30 - Nov 12 with 3840 viewsbournemouthblue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:28 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

so is it not legitimate to try to cost their previous 'policy announcements'? can they really announce stuff and then pretend they haven't?

If a media source attempted to cost their unpublished manifesto that would be more acceptable

When the Tories who have a vested interest in discrediting the Labour Party to further their own ambitions, you have to take their claims with a pinch of salt

They are bound to take the most extreme examples, factor them all together and come up with a number which suits their agenda

Haven't we been here some where before?

I have to say, I find this new pseudo factual approach from the Tories confusing, particularly when they themselves are claiming austerity is 'over' like the last the 10 years of cuts should just be brushed under the carpet and secondly the fact their last manifesto, unlike Labour's was completely uncosted

Why do they care more about Labour's spending plans than their own?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 23:03 - Nov 12 with 3790 viewsMelford

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 13:37 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

Imagine being the sort of person upset at the prospect of people getting an education.
You'd have to work in military intelligence to be that thick.

This could be massive for me, if tuition fees were abolished/ there was proper funding for adult education I could go back to university. I've got no chance at the moment.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 07:43 - Nov 13 with 3724 viewshampstead_blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 19:46 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

When are you planning on obtaining some?

I've plenty. Highest being an MSc from CASS.
I do like the idea of life long learning.

The only reason I could get a degree then my post grad at 30 years old was that I'd sold a business and took a few years off.

I got a free first degree as a mature student but paid £19,500 for my MSc. BTW, of the 85 in our class 3 where from the UK. The rest were mainly Chinese, Indian, and a sprinkling of European nations. I loved the diverse nature of the group. I've now got friends all over the world.

I want to do a PHd at some point but also love learning. I would take your hand off to do a free course in vehicle maintenance. That way I could get a track day car.

There is so much great education out there, so much to learn and enjoy.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 7:44]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 08:21 - Nov 13 with 3699 viewsStokieBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 19:27 - Nov 12 by BrixtonBlue

Because a lot of people don't look at the detail, they just look at the headline "£1.2 trillion".

They costed something that Labour have said they're not doing. They've double counted some. They've costed others as if Labour would introduce the fully fledged policy from day one - deliberately exaggerating to the worst case scenario.

It's blatant.

I agree, a lot of people look at the headlines. Doesn't that make the point about Labour promising loads then only putting some of it in the manifesto a valid one? By stating people read the headlines your are implying they won't read the entire manifesto and in turn may vote for things they have heard that aren't in there.

On the actual costings, they are clearly bobbins. I do however look forward to seeing the actual costings. I have some rather large reservations around McDonnells economic assertions, especially around funding and appropriation of assets but I'll give him a chance to explain them clearly before I draw firm conclusions.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 08:49 - Nov 13 with 3676 viewsGaryCooper

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 08:21 - Nov 13 by StokieBlue

I agree, a lot of people look at the headlines. Doesn't that make the point about Labour promising loads then only putting some of it in the manifesto a valid one? By stating people read the headlines your are implying they won't read the entire manifesto and in turn may vote for things they have heard that aren't in there.

On the actual costings, they are clearly bobbins. I do however look forward to seeing the actual costings. I have some rather large reservations around McDonnells economic assertions, especially around funding and appropriation of assets but I'll give him a chance to explain them clearly before I draw firm conclusions.

SB

'promising loads then only putting some of it in the manifesto'
Only to renege on that manifesto policy as an aspiration.

People genuinely think these charlatans are the answer for Britain because they are desperate to believe in something, anything.
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 09:26 - Nov 13 with 3647 viewsStokieBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 08:49 - Nov 13 by GaryCooper

People genuinely think these charlatans are the answer for Britain because they are desperate to believe in something, anything.

I would postulate that you might have more chance convincing people of your viewpoint if you wait for the manifesto and then base any arguments you may have on that.

Calling them charlatans isn't exactly rigorous debate and isn't going to accomplish much except polarise your view against others.

" because they are desperate to believe in something, anything"

Perhaps you should have a think about why that is?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:01 - Nov 13 with 3604 viewshampstead_blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 08:21 - Nov 13 by StokieBlue

SB

The bonkers number the Tories plucked from the air in embarrassing.

So far as McDonald's assumptions, that will be interesting. He has a lot of things to square away to get the faintest hint of credibility.

I'm not in financial markets anymore but if a client came to me with an empty for for >£100bn they wanted me to fill I'd raise an eyebrow and then the price would go up.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:09 - Nov 13 with 3590 viewsBrixtonBlue

SB

If Labour were proposing lots of things and then not putting them in their manifesto then yeah, that would be a problem. But we haven't seen the manifesto yet, so it's a moot point.

My point was about the rest of costings, which are, as you say, bobbins.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:11 - Nov 13 with 3576 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 08:49 - Nov 13 by GaryCooper

The Tories have broken more manifesto pledges than anyone, so you're on decidedly shaky ground there!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024