Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, 12:51 - Nov 12 with 11318 viewschicoazul

is now offering all adults ongoing re-education opportunities & the chance to learn ever more about the ongoing revolutionary class war struggle towards freedom and Marxist enlightenment.

(Please note lifelong re-education is mandatory and in the case of any comrades' failure to attend re-education, may be conducted at your local Gulag)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50378666

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:14 - Nov 13 with 1123 viewsStokieBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:09 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

If Labour were proposing lots of things and then not putting them in their manifesto then yeah, that would be a problem. But we haven't seen the manifesto yet, so it's a moot point.

My point was about the rest of costings, which are, as you say, bobbins.

There is no way that everything they are discussing and talking about on podiums will be in their manifesto.

Even today they have said 2 different things about the 4 day week from two shadow ministers and then McDonnell changed his mind and said it's an aspiration.

Lots of people won't have heard that though and it'll stick in their minds as something Labour will do so I don't think it's a moot point at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:17 - Nov 13 with 1105 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:11 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

The Tories have broken more manifesto pledges than anyone, so you're on decidedly shaky ground there!

Of course, actually being in government helps when it comes to breaking manifesto pledges...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:56 - Nov 13 with 1078 viewsGaryCooper

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:11 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

The Tories have broken more manifesto pledges than anyone, so you're on decidedly shaky ground there!

Why the Tory whataboutery? I trust neither, will vote for neither.
The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:15 - Nov 13 with 1029 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:14 - Nov 13 by StokieBlue

There is no way that everything they are discussing and talking about on podiums will be in their manifesto.

Even today they have said 2 different things about the 4 day week from two shadow ministers and then McDonnell changed his mind and said it's an aspiration.

Lots of people won't have heard that though and it'll stick in their minds as something Labour will do so I don't think it's a moot point at all.

SB

We were discussing the legitimacy of the £1.2 trillion which was made up by the Tories. Aspirations versus pledges is a different discussion.

I agree it can be confusing, but it would be impossible to say they can do certain things until they're actually in power and are able to properly look at what they're dealing with. So in those situations it's fair to say they aspire to it but can't fully commit to it. Presumably the manifesto will contain the things they do believe can happen.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:17 - Nov 13 with 1027 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:17 - Nov 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Of course, actually being in government helps when it comes to breaking manifesto pledges...

Perhaps you're not old enough to remember Labour in power? Given most of your posting, it would make sense.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:18 - Nov 13 with 1025 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 14:56 - Nov 13 by GaryCooper

Why the Tory whataboutery? I trust neither, will vote for neither.

I thought you were a Tory.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:20 - Nov 13 with 1019 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:17 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

Perhaps you're not old enough to remember Labour in power? Given most of your posting, it would make sense.

Christ, don’t go round saying ‘I remember when’. You’ll tip Facters over the edge

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:24 - Nov 13 with 1015 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:20 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

Christ, don’t go round saying ‘I remember when’. You’ll tip Facters over the edge

Facters is lucky, he remembers before politics!

Login to get fewer ads

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:38 - Nov 13 with 1007 viewsjeera

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:20 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

I remember when this forum was just fields.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:24 - Nov 15 with 937 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:17 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

Genuine LOL coming from someone who discovered politics through Russell Brand a couple of years ago

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 09:05 - Nov 16 with 879 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 20:24 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Genuine LOL coming from someone who discovered politics through Russell Brand a couple of years ago

A mildly amusing response but doesn't answer the fact that you appear to not remember Labour being in power.

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:06 - Nov 16 with 842 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 09:05 - Nov 16 by BrixtonBlue

A mildly amusing response but doesn't answer the fact that you appear to not remember Labour being in power.

The original comment was a flippant joke, FFS... 🙄🙄🙄

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 23:35 - Nov 16 with 799 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Maximum Leader, in his infinite wisdom and magnificent disinterest, on 15:06 - Nov 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The original comment was a flippant joke, FFS... 🙄🙄🙄

So was my reply

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024