Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? 13:48 - Nov 12 with 21267 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Tories campaign basically amounts to being ‘Not Corbyn’, getting Brexit done plus lots of promises which almost certainly haven’t been costed and won’t be delivered

The Labour campaign amounts to being ‘Not the Tories’, maybe getting Brexit done plus lots of promises which almost certainly haven’t been costed and won’t be delivered

The Lib Dem’s campaign amounts to being ‘Not the Tories or Labour’, abandoning Brexit...and that’s about it?

Then all the small parties (plus SNP but no one other than Darth cares about Scotland)

I know it’s early days yet but that’s pretty much it isn’t it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:05 - Nov 12 with 2675 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:04 - Nov 12 by Dubtractor

I suspect they will have to load up the rubber bullets if there are any protests at the election result.

If there are any protests they can expect to say Good Morning Judge the next day.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:11 - Nov 12 with 2695 viewsfactual_blue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 17:28 - Nov 12 by Ewan_Oozami

Yes, actually. In a silver Renault Grand Scenic to be exact, unfortunately it cannot fly sideways through time...

I think that was a factory-fitted option though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:13 - Nov 12 with 2684 viewsbrogansnose

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 16:56 - Nov 12 by GlasgowBlue

And You And I were the only people to get that.

Yes,

I think you were.
This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:19 - Nov 12 with 2677 viewsEwan_Oozami

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:11 - Nov 12 by factual_blue

I think that was a factory-fitted option though.

Dread to think what it'd do to the insurance premium, not even Harvey Keitel would be able to manage that one....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:21 - Nov 12 with 2673 viewsBlueBadger

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 16:34 - Nov 12 by chicoazul

No surprise there though, considering she is effectively asking for the status quo to be reinstated.

God, imagine wanting easy trade and travel, employment and environmental protections and human rights to be reinstated.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:26 - Nov 12 with 2670 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:21 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

God, imagine wanting easy trade and travel, employment and environmental protections and human rights to be reinstated.

Look, do you want an extra £350m a week for the NHS or not?

Anyone who votes Tory in this election should be ashamed of themselves. End of .

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:29 - Nov 12 with 2672 viewsBlueBadger

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:26 - Nov 12 by footers

Look, do you want an extra £350m a week for the NHS or not?

Anyone who votes Tory in this election should be ashamed of themselves. End of .

This is the thing for me. The main parties are all utter shockers but getting the Tories out is the main priority. The country can't stand another five years of cuts, victim-blaming, privatisation and deregulation. I'll hold my nose and vote for whoever's got the best chance of ousting my MP.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 18:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:32 - Nov 12 with 2661 viewsBlueBadger

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 17:35 - Nov 12 by Ewan_Oozami

Just a small point of order - how can the status quo be reinstated?

Seance to summon up Rick Parfitt?

Login to get fewer ads

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:43 - Nov 12 with 2649 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:29 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

This is the thing for me. The main parties are all utter shockers but getting the Tories out is the main priority. The country can't stand another five years of cuts, victim-blaming, privatisation and deregulation. I'll hold my nose and vote for whoever's got the best chance of ousting my MP.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 18:31]

It's not going to happen.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 19:05 - Nov 12 with 2633 viewsDarth_Koont

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 15:42 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s your view on the merits of the parties, but it’s also completely irrelevant to what I put in my OP though

You also seem to have no idea what the difference between an opinion and a lie is

And unfortunately, no party being able to offer a remotely credible campaign looks likely to at best result in another hung parliament, or at worst a Tory majority and another few years of their government

Unfortunately you seem to have ignored me saying for years on here how rubbish our politicians and media are.

Now that there really is a crucial choice and an alternative for which way we’re going to go you’ve decided none of it matters because all politicians are sh1t.

So I guess we might as well carry on with the same politicians and media and a Tory government no-one wants to hold to account.

Pronouns: He/Him

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 19:20 - Nov 12 with 2618 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:43 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

And all thanks to people like you. Cheers.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 19:49 - Nov 12 with 2593 viewsBlueBadger

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:43 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

No, I really am going to vote for whoever's got the best chance.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:17 - Nov 12 with 2570 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 19:20 - Nov 12 by footers

And all thanks to people like you. Cheers.

Please explain. My one vote would not stop the Tories being the largest party.

I will look at the Labour manifesto but it's going to take a lot to convince me now.

Truly impaired.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:27 - Nov 12 with 2516 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:17 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

I will look at the Labour manifesto but it's going to take a lot to convince me now.

Neither apologise or justify. Who you vote for, or even if you chose not to vote at all, is entirely your own decision in a free democratic country.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:30 - Nov 12 with 2542 viewsTractorWood

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:21 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

It's almost like the EU had some kind of purpose or logic behind its creation.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:37 - Nov 12 with 2529 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:17 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

Cool. Sit back and watch your indifference cause five more years of misery. There is never a perfect option, but neglecting your democratic duty reeks of complacency. Even if your vote is 'wasted' it's still an important thing to do.

Some people take democracy so lightly that they even join parties they're not affiliated to as a 'joke'.

You haven't yet explained who your local candidates are and why you find them to be unworthy of your vote either.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:38 - Nov 12 with 2526 viewsjeera

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 18:32 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

Seance to summon up Rick Parfitt?

Again?

And again?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:48 - Nov 12 with 2511 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:37 - Nov 12 by footers

Cool. Sit back and watch your indifference cause five more years of misery. There is never a perfect option, but neglecting your democratic duty reeks of complacency. Even if your vote is 'wasted' it's still an important thing to do.

Some people take democracy so lightly that they even join parties they're not affiliated to as a 'joke'.

You haven't yet explained who your local candidates are and why you find them to be unworthy of your vote either.

'neglecting your democratic duty'

Utter nonsense.

'You haven't yet explained who your local candidates are and why you find them to be unworthy of your vote either'

I have always voted mainly on national issues. I will not support Tory cuts or their Brexit policy. I will not support Labour with Corbyn in charge and i'm highly sceptical about how they will find everything they are promising. I will look through the manifestos but I can't imagine voting. I can support the Tories, Labour or waste my vote. I don't think anyone who helped get me the right to vote would support people having to use that vote every time regardless of the choices on offer.

Truly impaired.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:54 - Nov 12 with 2501 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:48 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

'neglecting your democratic duty'

Utter nonsense.

'You haven't yet explained who your local candidates are and why you find them to be unworthy of your vote either'

I have always voted mainly on national issues. I will not support Tory cuts or their Brexit policy. I will not support Labour with Corbyn in charge and i'm highly sceptical about how they will find everything they are promising. I will look through the manifestos but I can't imagine voting. I can support the Tories, Labour or waste my vote. I don't think anyone who helped get me the right to vote would support people having to use that vote every time regardless of the choices on offer.

So, with the country at a crossroads and a pretty clear choice between a huge national investment package and the possibility of remaining in the EU vs a Farage-esque Tory party intent on further shrinking the state and a trade deal with Trump, you're still unsure?

OK, J2. Maybe it's best you don't vote after all!

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:17 - Nov 12 with 2454 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:54 - Nov 12 by footers

So, with the country at a crossroads and a pretty clear choice between a huge national investment package and the possibility of remaining in the EU vs a Farage-esque Tory party intent on further shrinking the state and a trade deal with Trump, you're still unsure?

OK, J2. Maybe it's best you don't vote after all!

Such arrogance but we've become used to that from you.

If wanting to see a costed manifesto and having serious doubts about Corbym isn't a good enough reason for you that's fair enough. You use your vote however you want.

Truly impaired.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:38 - Nov 12 with 2435 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:17 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

Such arrogance but we've become used to that from you.

If wanting to see a costed manifesto and having serious doubts about Corbym isn't a good enough reason for you that's fair enough. You use your vote however you want.

All you want to do is sit on your arse and whinge. Fair play, J2. Have at it.

What have you done for society recently?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:39 - Nov 12 with 2429 viewsjeera

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:38 - Nov 12 by footers

All you want to do is sit on your arse and whinge. Fair play, J2. Have at it.

What have you done for society recently?

This looking for a row.

Really necessary?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:47 - Nov 12 with 2400 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:39 - Nov 12 by jeera

This looking for a row.

Really necessary?

As someone who's been active in local politics and charity work for many years, it annoys me that some melt like J2, who's presumably done nowt, can just sit there proudly putting it all down, without any of the facts or understanding of the people he's voting on behalf of.

Sorry, such a lazy, asocial POV boils my piss. Me, me, me attitude.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:48 - Nov 12 with 2397 viewsjeera

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:47 - Nov 12 by footers

As someone who's been active in local politics and charity work for many years, it annoys me that some melt like J2, who's presumably done nowt, can just sit there proudly putting it all down, without any of the facts or understanding of the people he's voting on behalf of.

"some melt"

Not exactly covering yourself in glory there.

How on earth is this helpful?

From all you claim, you should know better.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:56 - Nov 12 with 2375 viewslowhouseblue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:47 - Nov 12 by footers

and we don't have an electable opposition. who then will be to blame for 5 more years of tory government? who then is asocial?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024