Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An away match on top of an unnecessary replay 21:14 - Nov 12 with 2353 viewspointofblue

Squad rotation is all well and good but Lambert’s given us an extra match and seemingly an away trip just because he doesn’t want to play some of the first XI in any cup games whatsoever.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 21:14]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:15 - Nov 12 with 2319 viewsIllinoisblue

it's a mickey mouse competition. It doesn't matter. The ONLY thing that's important is getting promoted.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:19 - Nov 12 with 2251 viewsActionMan

There is only so much goodwill before the fans will get fed up of the refusal to play league games on International fixtures and deliberately throwing cup matches by using players who in other seasons wouldn't be a million miles near our books. It's a shame because they had the opportunity to have a really exciting season but we're seeing the same old creep back in, which makes me wonder what on earth is going on given that the decision to rest players has now given us more games.

Also as Ipswich supporters we know that while things look good at the moment, we can see from just how weak the squad is that we're about 2 injuries and a suspension away from finishing and losing out in the Playoffs! Just how our luck goes.
An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:21 - Nov 12 with 2194 viewsActionMan

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:15 - Nov 12 by Illinoisblue

it's a mickey mouse competition. It doesn't matter. The ONLY thing that's important is getting promoted.

We're a third division team, how are we so much above this competition? We hear this mickey mouse nonsense every time we lose in cups, we're in a mickey mouse league and have played what 5 seasons of top flight football since the mid 1980's, come on, lets get real and stop making excuses, we haven't won a 2nd tier honour in 19 years ffs let alone a mickey mouse competition as our fans call them, I mean, what does that make us as a club?
An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:22 - Nov 12 with 2153 viewspointofblue

We have a big enough squad to show respect to all the competitions we’re taking part in this year. Instead we’re even going for a sticking plaster make do approach in the league, bizarrely playing a reserve XI in the FA Cup then foraging the U23s for players in the EFL. Considering we don’t have a League game for a fortnight why not give the first XI a run out in the FA Cup and the reserves tonight?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:23 - Nov 12 with 2116 viewsIllinoisblue

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:21 - Nov 12 by ActionMan

We're a third division team, how are we so much above this competition? We hear this mickey mouse nonsense every time we lose in cups, we're in a mickey mouse league and have played what 5 seasons of top flight football since the mid 1980's, come on, lets get real and stop making excuses, we haven't won a 2nd tier honour in 19 years ffs let alone a mickey mouse competition as our fans call them, I mean, what does that make us as a club?

see you at Wembley :-)

62 - 78 - 81

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:29 - Nov 12 with 1973 viewslmfcblue

More importantly that’s an extra away game for the fans now. That on top of Lincoln cheers PL for giving the fans a thought!
An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:45 - Nov 12 with 1793 viewsBloomBlue

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:29 - Nov 12 by lmfcblue

More importantly that’s an extra away game for the fans now. That on top of Lincoln cheers PL for giving the fans a thought!

I love an away game, always great atmosphere
An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:49 - Nov 12 with 1774 viewsBlue_Moses

I would argue that it matters to at least try and win a game that nearly 3,000 fans have paid to watch.
Login to get fewer ads

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:53 - Nov 12 with 1730 viewsVaughan8

This I can understand, especially after Saturday's selections, but the fa cup no.

And if we had played a few regulars in the fa cup, we could have played a few more senior players tonight, take the lead (possibly) and then bring some youngster on later in the game.....

Some strange selections. I just hope we don't get "the players we slow out the blocks" against Blackpool, having not played for a couple of weeks haha
An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:55 - Nov 12 with 1705 viewsTerry_Nutkins

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:49 - Nov 12 by Blue_Moses

I would argue that it matters to at least try and win a game that nearly 3,000 fans have paid to watch.

We did try and win it. Their lad scored from 40 yards with only shot on target for them.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:57 - Nov 12 with 1686 viewsfooters

Another quality performance. Long may it continue.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:59 - Nov 12 with 1663 viewsIllinoisblue

we were competitive the whole game. Lacked a threat in the final third but great to see youths get a run out and some real game time pressure. If any of our 2,781 fans were expecting to see a stronger team they haven't been paying attention.

62 - 78 - 81

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:59 - Nov 12 with 1663 viewsitfcjoe

Not too worried about tonight, we’ve treated this tournament as we should so far and we’re a lucky goal from winning the group. Hopefully the midweek away game isn’t too punishing travel wise

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 22:15 - Nov 12 with 1561 viewsSitfcB

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:59 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

Not too worried about tonight, we’ve treated this tournament as we should so far and we’re a lucky goal from winning the group. Hopefully the midweek away game isn’t too punishing travel wise

Exeter away incoming.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 22:21 - Nov 12 with 1524 viewsStowTractorBoy

Totally agree Blue Moses. I am afraid I am slowly losing faith with Lamberts strategy in cup games and looks like I am not the only one. I am sick of us being unsuccessful in cup competitions and the disrespect the Manager has shown to the fans who would dearly love some success in whatever cup competition. Lose at Lincoln which we will if the same strategy is adhered to and then get an away draw at the likes of Peterborough in the EFL trophy then fans will become even more angry with the Manager. Over 2700 of our fans made the effort to support the team tonight. Its a pity the Manager did not show them the same enthusiasm with his team selection. Its 90+ minutes of football Lambert which is hardly going to damage the fitness levels of our players especially when our next league match is on 23rd November. I have said my piece but am so disappointed tonight.
An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 22:54 - Nov 12 with 1442 viewsBlue_Moses

An away match on top of an unnecessary replay on 21:55 - Nov 12 by Terry_Nutkins

We did try and win it. Their lad scored from 40 yards with only shot on target for them.

We played one up front and their keeper only made one save all game, hardly trying to win it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024