Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More buffoonery 07:09 - Nov 13 with 5047 viewsBlueNomad

Conservative Party political broadcast last night featured the buffoon making himself a coffee. Trying to show him as a man of the people a voice off camera asked him who his favourite band were. Before settling on the Stones he said he really likes The Clash.

Shame he never listened to the words!!
More buffoonery on 10:11 - Nov 13 with 2861 viewsGlasgowBlue

More buffoonery on 10:06 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

But you’ve conflated the fees with the debt to say what the Labour Party backtracked from and said was an aspiration.

Shadow ministers were saying the debt would be wiped off. This was then reported in the media. That is a fact.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More buffoonery on 10:16 - Nov 13 with 2850 viewsDarth_Koont

More buffoonery on 10:11 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Shadow ministers were saying the debt would be wiped off. This was then reported in the media. That is a fact.

Which was wrong and “politicking”.

But perhaps you can address the facts of the manifesto re: tuition fees and any plans to wipe the existing debt.

Pronouns: He/Him

More buffoonery on 10:20 - Nov 13 with 2841 viewsGlasgowBlue

More buffoonery on 10:16 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

But perhaps you can address the facts of the manifesto re: tuition fees and any plans to wipe the existing debt.

“Just this morning Jeremy Corbyn has announced that the tuition fees will be abolished straight away from September if there’s a Labour government, and that we will bring back immediately EMA and also that every existing student will have all their debt wiped off. That’s fantastic news, isn’t it guys?”

Shadow minister Imran Hussain

Can you find me a press release from Labour slapping him down and correcting his "cough" misleading "cough" statement. If not then they have deliberately left the waters muddy in order to get votes.

Iron Lion Zion

More buffoonery on 10:30 - Nov 13 with 2832 viewsbrazil1982

More buffoonery on 10:16 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

It had an affect on students here - many of them saying they would vote Labour to write off their debt.
More buffoonery on 10:32 - Nov 13 with 2819 viewsGlasgowBlue

More buffoonery on 10:30 - Nov 13 by brazil1982

It had an affect on students here - many of them saying they would vote Labour to write off their debt.

But DK will shortly be along with a press statement from the Labour party put out during the election correcting those Labour politicians who went to the public saying that Labour would cancel all student debt. Won't he?

Iron Lion Zion

More buffoonery on 10:41 - Nov 13 with 2813 viewsDarth_Koont

More buffoonery on 10:32 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

But DK will shortly be along with a press statement from the Labour party put out during the election correcting those Labour politicians who went to the public saying that Labour would cancel all student debt. Won't he?

I just did. Read the Full Fact link all the way through. I don't disagree with that.

And stop trying to prop up your awful party and government by smearing others and muddying the waters.

More buffoonery on 10:44 - Nov 13 with 2805 viewsDarth_Koont

More buffoonery on 10:20 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

“Just this morning Jeremy Corbyn has announced that the tuition fees will be abolished straight away from September if there’s a Labour government, and that we will bring back immediately EMA and also that every existing student will have all their debt wiped off. That’s fantastic news, isn’t it guys?”

Shadow minister Imran Hussain

Can you find me a press release from Labour slapping him down and correcting his "cough" misleading "cough" statement. If not then they have deliberately left the waters muddy in order to get votes.

It's wrong but he did say "existing student" which is a far cry from all student debt.

I know it sounds better but if it's important for Hussain to be accurate then perhaps you and the headline writers can be too.

More buffoonery on 11:19 - Nov 13 with 2758 viewsSwansea_Blue

More buffoonery on 08:46 - Nov 13 by GeoffSentence

Nah. That doesn't seem to be true.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/Superfrans/polls/3256/what-is-your-voting-intenti

They're obviously shy Tories. Not surprised though, as there's a lot to be embarrassed about at the moment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

More buffoonery on 11:26 - Nov 13 with 2732 viewslowhouseblue

More buffoonery on 11:19 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

They're obviously shy Tories. Not surprised though, as there's a lot to be embarrassed about at the moment.

it's more that when one side gets shouty and domineering everyone else tends to keep quiet and let them get on with it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

More buffoonery on 11:34 - Nov 13 with 2718 viewsDarth_Koont

More buffoonery on 11:26 - Nov 13 by lowhouseblue

it's more that when one side gets shouty and domineering everyone else tends to keep quiet and let them get on with it.

Probably people don't want to confirm that the reason they're voting for the Tories is because it chimes with their prejudices against minorities in society and/or feeds their own self-interest.

As a way forward for the country as a whole, being pro-Tory at this election is like being pro-Brexit - you can't add to the debate, you appeal to some strange belief in "nation", you have to run away from the facts and you have to throw everything at your opponents, starting with lies and misrepresentations.

More buffoonery on 11:41 - Nov 13 with 2702 viewsVaughan8

More buffoonery on 08:38 - Nov 13 by brazil1982

This forum hates the Tories, we get it.

It isn't getting boring at all though is it?

Both main parties are not very good unfortunately
More buffoonery on 11:55 - Nov 13 with 2684 viewsGaryCooper

More buffoonery on 11:34 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

Probably people don't want to confirm that the reason they're voting for the Tories is because it chimes with their prejudices against minorities in society and/or feeds their own self-interest.

As a way forward for the country as a whole, being pro-Tory at this election is like being pro-Brexit - you can't add to the debate, you appeal to some strange belief in "nation", you have to run away from the facts and you have to throw everything at your opponents, starting with lies and misrepresentations.

'it chimes with their prejudices against minorities'

Care to define minorities?
More buffoonery on 12:11 - Nov 13 with 2653 viewsDarth_Koont

More buffoonery on 11:55 - Nov 13 by GaryCooper

'it chimes with their prejudices against minorities'

Care to define minorities?

Ethnic, religious, women (in positions of power and influence anyway), the disabled, those in poverty, sexuality and gender ... the list goes on.

I think the Tories have been quite effective at demonising, dogwhistling and/or ignoring those groups. To the satisfaction of more right-wing voters.

More buffoonery on 13:01 - Nov 13 with 2625 viewsGaryCooper

More buffoonery on 12:11 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

Ethnic, religious, women (in positions of power and influence anyway), the disabled, those in poverty, sexuality and gender ... the list goes on.

I think the Tories have been quite effective at demonising, dogwhistling and/or ignoring those groups. To the satisfaction of more right-wing voters.

You never shirk, fair play to you for that.

'gender...…..the list goes on' Made me smile.
More buffoonery on 21:36 - Nov 13 with 2562 viewsBrixtonBlue

More buffoonery on 07:32 - Nov 13 by BlueBoots

He was making a cup of tea, and he's so incompetent he can't even get that right...the tea will stop brewing when you put the milk in, so it's pointless leaving the bag in the cup.

Pretty much sums up his attitude to politics too - trying to rush things through without thinking about it properly, and ending up with an unpalatable outcome.

I hate to back Boris, but putting milk in doesn't stop the tea brewing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

More buffoonery on 07:37 - Nov 14 with 2516 viewsBlueBoots

More buffoonery on 21:36 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

I hate to back Boris, but putting milk in doesn't stop the tea brewing.

Errr, yes it does...

https://www.tea.co.uk/make-a-perfect-brew

If you add the milk straight away (as Boris did), the temperature will drop below what it takes for the tea to brew...

Remind me to ask for coffee if you ever invite me over

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

More buffoonery on 08:02 - Nov 14 with 2503 viewsDanTheMan

More buffoonery on 09:48 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Have we reached the "bacon sandwich" stage in this election?

So glad we got a Strong and Stableâ„¢ Government after that election.

And it's been plain sailing ever since.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

More buffoonery on 08:30 - Nov 14 with 2483 views26_Paz

More buffoonery on 08:41 - Nov 13 by crunchie1978

They all still think that they are miners and its 1984.

I'm very much looking forward to logging into here on the morning of the 13th December ...

The Paz Man

More buffoonery on 08:49 - Nov 14 with 2465 viewsDarth_Koont

More buffoonery on 08:30 - Nov 14 by 26_Paz

I'm very much looking forward to logging into here on the morning of the 13th December ...

Why do I get the feeling that, whatever the result, you'll be cracking one off?

More buffoonery on 09:56 - Nov 14 with 2428 viewsBrixtonBlue

More buffoonery on 07:37 - Nov 14 by BlueBoots

Errr, yes it does...

https://www.tea.co.uk/make-a-perfect-brew

If you add the milk straight away (as Boris did), the temperature will drop below what it takes for the tea to brew...

Remind me to ask for coffee if you ever invite me over

Err, no it doesn't...

Firstly, your link doesn't show that milk stops the brewing. It says, "Brewing tea from a bag in a mug? Milk in last is best.We suggest you remove the bag after brewing, before adding the milk, but at the end of the day it is all down to personal preference."

Secondly;
https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/54882/if-you-add-milk-to-tea-does-it-stop-th

Sorry my friend, as much as it pains me to say it, Boris is actually right about something!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

More buffoonery on 12:57 - Nov 14 with 2382 viewsBent_double

More buffoonery on 09:56 - Nov 14 by BrixtonBlue

Err, no it doesn't...

Firstly, your link doesn't show that milk stops the brewing. It says, "Brewing tea from a bag in a mug? Milk in last is best.We suggest you remove the bag after brewing, before adding the milk, but at the end of the day it is all down to personal preference."

Secondly;
https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/54882/if-you-add-milk-to-tea-does-it-stop-th

Sorry my friend, as much as it pains me to say it, Boris is actually right about something!

Try making a cup of tea with cold water, see how much it brews then.

Of course adding milk stops it brewing, to suggest otherwise is just wrong!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

More buffoonery on 14:07 - Nov 14 with 2343 viewsBrixtonBlue

More buffoonery on 12:57 - Nov 14 by Bent_double

Try making a cup of tea with cold water, see how much it brews then.

Of course adding milk stops it brewing, to suggest otherwise is just wrong!

haha, oh dear.

We weren't talking about making tea with cold water. We were talking about a regular tea, but leaving the teabag in when you add the milk.

I've literally posted a link that proves adding milk doesn't stop the brewing process!

More buffoonery on 15:17 - Nov 14 with 2326 viewsBlueBoots

More buffoonery on 09:56 - Nov 14 by BrixtonBlue

Err, no it doesn't...

Secondly;

If you genuinely think sticking cold milk straight into the cup 10 seconds after the hot water hits the teabag (as Buffoon Boris did), is the right way to make a cup of tea, I'm guessing you're not a tea drinker...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

More buffoonery on 15:56 - Nov 14 with 2301 viewsBrixtonBlue

More buffoonery on 15:17 - Nov 14 by BlueBoots

If you genuinely think sticking cold milk straight into the cup 10 seconds after the hot water hits the teabag (as Buffoon Boris did), is the right way to make a cup of tea, I'm guessing you're not a tea drinker...

I haven't see his advert, and wasn't thinking 10 seconds.

And I'm not saying it's the right way to make a cup of tea - I've never made it like that - I'm just saying, milk doesn't suddenly stop the brewing process.

I don't even care, or know why I'm bothering to reply, but it's a scientific fact whether you like it or not! I was surprised as you clearly are.

More buffoonery on 16:00 - Nov 14 with 2295 viewslowhouseblue

More buffoonery on 15:17 - Nov 14 by BlueBoots

typically I put the teabag in the mug, add milk, get distracted and wander off for 30 minutes. come back, by which time the milk is brown, re-boil the kettle, add the water etc. all tastes the same to me.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024