Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich area food bank usage 08:23 - Nov 13 with 1081 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/trussel-trust-food-bank-numbers-1-6372549

Still, they're moving to larger premises to accommodate the demand, which is nice.

Have a good think where you put that X in a few weeks.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:00 - Nov 13 with 1037 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:17 - Nov 13 with 1010 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Virtue signalling alert.....when shopping at my local coop I have been sticking a couple of advent calendars in the collection box (2 for £3). The collection point has been moved due to people choring the food!

I wonder if hungry people vote?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:17 - Nov 13 with 1009 viewsartsbossbeard

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:17 - Nov 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Virtue signalling alert.....when shopping at my local coop I have been sticking a couple of advent calendars in the collection box (2 for £3). The collection point has been moved due to people choring the food!

Choring??

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:42 - Nov 13 with 973 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:17 - Nov 13 by artsbossbeard

Choring??

Nicking.

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:43 - Nov 13 with 974 viewsartsbossbeard

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:42 - Nov 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nicking.

Gotcha.

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:48 - Nov 13 with 952 viewsNewcyBlue

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:17 - Nov 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well done on the advent calendars.

Unfortunately I am not home, but have said to MrsN that she spends whatever she deems necessary for stuff for the food bank the next time she gets down to volunteer (usually once a week, sometimes more), and that I will look on amazon for cheap toys to send for sticking in the parcels for those with kids.

She’s off to volunteer wrapping presents in a couple of weeks at one of these places that collects toys for kids.

What an incredible woman, no idea what she sees in me! Must be Seb that keeps her around!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:49 - Nov 13 with 944 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:43 - Nov 13 by artsbossbeard

Gotcha.

https://www.scotslanguage.com/articles/view/id/4533

Scottish gypsy origin so it seems.

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:49 - Nov 13 with 948 viewsElephantintheRoom

I volunteer at the Saffron Walden food bank and the exponential increase in people in distress/desperate straights in what is supposedly one of the best places to live in the country is staggering. I also walk my dog past two couples living in cars most mornings which is worth thinking about too. However the local MP is a mindless right wing tory who was parachuted in from Wimbledon and got in with a majority of the vote last time - and will do the same this time. The ghostly noise from the front of Saffron Walden's rather splendid church is the sound of a true one nation tory, Rab Butler, turning in his grave.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:51 - Nov 13 with 941 viewsartsbossbeard

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:49 - Nov 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.scotslanguage.com/articles/view/id/4533

Scottish gypsy origin so it seems.

I enjoy wordsmithery but it's not a word I've come across afore.

It's noted for future use though.

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:53 - Nov 13 with 931 viewsartsbossbeard

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:49 - Nov 13 by ElephantintheRoom

I volunteer at the Saffron Walden food bank and the exponential increase in people in distress/desperate straights in what is supposedly one of the best places to live in the country is staggering. I also walk my dog past two couples living in cars most mornings which is worth thinking about too. However the local MP is a mindless right wing tory who was parachuted in from Wimbledon and got in with a majority of the vote last time - and will do the same this time. The ghostly noise from the front of Saffron Walden's rather splendid church is the sound of a true one nation tory, Rab Butler, turning in his grave.

I don't want to turn this into a Brexit post but when you hear utterances along the lines of "we've got to expect a rough 18months/2yrs once we leave", I really don't think that people living below the poverty line are being taking into consideration here.

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:53 - Nov 13 with 928 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ipswich area food bank usage on 09:17 - Nov 13 by artsbossbeard

Choring??

Didicoy for stealing.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ipswich area food bank usage on 10:14 - Nov 13 with 891 viewschicoazul

Trussell Trust opened in 1997, and opened a couple of food banks to help the very needy by, I think 2008.

There are now 2000+ food banks in the UK.

Dont vote Tory.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024