Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 10:15 - Nov 13 with 7711 viewsusm

Poxy Tories...........

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 11:06 - Nov 14 with 630 viewsDarth_Koont

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 10:55 - Nov 14 by brazil1982

I don't doubt the harsh realities of users of FBs. A colleague of mine co-manages a FB, one of the reasons <some> people use them is they would rather spend money on drugs / drink (addictions) than food. That is their priority which in itself is a sad state of affairs.

I know you're not going in with both feet so I'm not taking issue with everything. But "rather" implies some lifestyle choice.

Anyway, food is a basic human right that shouldn't be denied people. And there's statistical evidence to back up the need for food banks so we should always resist unhelpful smears and anecdotes that go against that underlying truth.

Pronouns: He/Him

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 11:17 - Nov 14 with 605 viewsusm

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 10:55 - Nov 14 by brazil1982

I don't doubt the harsh realities of users of FBs. A colleague of mine co-manages a FB, one of the reasons <some> people use them is they would rather spend money on drugs / drink (addictions) than food. That is their priority which in itself is a sad state of affairs.

Indeed it is, but be careful, you'll get abused and slated for mentioning such things on here

FOYSC

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 11:22 - Nov 14 with 594 viewsartsbossbeard

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 11:17 - Nov 14 by usm

Indeed it is, but be careful, you'll get abused and slated for mentioning such things on here

Some decent goalpost moving there.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 14:34 - Nov 14 with 532 viewsRyorry

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 09:31 - Nov 14 by usm

Yeh I get that - there are many people in need , but 823,000 foodbank visits???

Presumably they found out where the foodbanks were on their iphones

So did you think buying an iPhone would guarantee that people would never lose their job, get sick, get divorced or whatever at any later point in their life after buying it?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 14:36]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 17:03 - Nov 14 with 499 viewsusm

Earnings rise by 3.6%, inflation by 1.5%, unemployment down by 23,000 on 14:34 - Nov 14 by Ryorry

So did you think buying an iPhone would guarantee that people would never lose their job, get sick, get divorced or whatever at any later point in their life after buying it?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 14:36]

You got me there, I'd never thought of that...lol

My point is, there is a need, unfortunately, but like all things, people who dont" need" it use it, which means there is less left for those who do need it.

Unfortunately some people seem to think we live in a perfect world where only the needy use FB's whereas the reality is - as confirmed on here by someone who knows - they are also used by those not in need.

The world is not ideal guys, get real.

FOYSC

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024