Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parked car - advice needed 10:22 - Nov 13 with 19618 viewsPinewoodblue

Have an unexpected car parked on my drive. Suspect it's owner attends Suffolk One, the scroats will park añywhere with little consideration for residents.

Do I block him, or her, in or report an abandoned vehicle to Suffolk Police?

Edit posted as football thread bu corrected it straight away.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 10:23]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Parked car - advice needed on 10:24 - Nov 13 with 10021 viewsReuser_is_God

I've just got off the phone to Lord Lucan who has advised you to to stick a 'No Parking' sign on his windscreen using No Nails.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Parked car - advice needed on 10:25 - Nov 13 with 9993 viewsITFC_Forever

Block them in.

And then go out for the day.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Parked car - advice needed on 10:28 - Nov 13 with 9967 viewsbrazil1982

I assume it's your drive and not driveway? Unfortunately it's a civil matter (trespass), so the police will be very reluctant to get involved. If you block them make sure you are not blocking the pavement or road.

It could be the car has been abandoned after being stolen.

Personally, I would pour paint over it. I did this years ago when I lived in London.
Parked car - advice needed on 10:30 - Nov 13 with 9959 viewswitchdoctor

Parked car - advice needed on 10:25 - Nov 13 by ITFC_Forever

Block them in.

And then go out for the day.

this ..👍
Parked car - advice needed on 10:30 - Nov 13 with 9949 viewschicoazul

Jack it up, take a wheel off, report it as abandoned to your local council.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Parked car - advice needed on 10:30 - Nov 13 with 9953 viewscaught-in-limbo

Hire a skip and plonk it behind the car.

Fill the skip with anything you need dumped. Old furniture, asbestos, grass cuttings etc.

Tell the driver the skip is staying there until someone pays for the skip to be moved.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Parked car - advice needed on 11:00 - Nov 13 with 9861 viewsGaryCooper

Parked car - advice needed on 10:30 - Nov 13 by caught-in-limbo

Fill the skip with anything you need dumped. Old furniture, asbestos, grass cuttings etc.

Tell the driver the skip is staying there until someone pays for the skip to be moved.

Asbestos? Chortle.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:03 - Nov 13 with 9840 viewsGeoffSentence

Deflate all four tyres

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Parked car - advice needed on 11:08 - Nov 13 with 9809 viewsBasuco

Run a key along passenger side door and front wing, it will not be seen until another day and may not be associated with you. I like the no parking sign glued on windscreen as well.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:08 - Nov 13 with 9806 viewsBloomBlue

I would set fire to it although that could cause you a problem when it explodes so instead smash all the windows.

I remember a story from a few years ago of someone coming out of their home one morning to find a car parked in front of their garage preventing them from getting their car out. It was there for 2 weeks, they phoned the police after the first week who refused to do anything other than warn the guy if he tried moving it and damaged it they would arrest him for criminal damage.

What had happened is the guy lived near Heathrow airport and the owner of the other car had gone on holiday from heathrow and a friend of his had said park in front of my garage it will save you airport parking money and I'm away so wont need access to the garage. Unfortunately the car owner had got confused in the dark/early hours and left his car at the wrong house. On his return from holiday he did apologise to the home owner.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:11 - Nov 13 with 9783 viewsSE1blue

I'd block them in but move your car if you're not going to be home (but leave a note)

You want to be able to have a conversation along the lines of "I'm being reasonable this time, but next time..."

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Parked car - advice needed on 11:11 - Nov 13 with 9783 viewsartsbossbeard

Bus services culled, no free on-site parking following the initial promise that "most" students would use public transport rather than drive and look to park nearby.

In the words of Mick: "That turned out well".

I've had one lad knock on the door and ask if it's ok to park outside mine (I said yes and thanked him for asking), I also had a young lass who was looking to block my driveway with a poor excuse for parking, which I politely (yes, politely) asked if she thought that this was a good place to park, who simply drove off in a fluster.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Parked car - advice needed on 11:17 - Nov 13 with 9735 viewsBasuco

As you would not want to open yourself up to criminal damage, put some water in the fuel tank, that would be impossible to prove it was you and would cost a fair bit to drain and re-fuel.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:17 - Nov 13 with 9736 viewsgiant_stow

You could try bounce-pushing it off? A friend proved this was possible when creating a space to park at Arsenal years back. Surprisingly easy (if you're stong).

or block it in.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Parked car - advice needed on 11:22 - Nov 13 with 9698 viewsPippin1970

Does it have an alarm to it . If it does kick it till he sounds out, your neighbours will get pissed off. They will ask you and then they will report it to to the police.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:26 - Nov 13 with 9664 viewsSouperJim

Mayonnaise on all the door handles. Annoying and scary, particularly when you don't know what it is. Like a low-tech chemical weapon.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Parked car - advice needed on 11:37 - Nov 13 with 9606 viewsBasuco

Parked car - advice needed on 11:26 - Nov 13 by SouperJim

Mayonnaise on all the door handles. Annoying and scary, particularly when you don't know what it is. Like a low-tech chemical weapon.

Use dog poo instead of mayo would be better.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:39 - Nov 13 with 9592 viewsclive_baker

Torch it.

Make sure you're filming the owner when they get back to it, need to see that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Parked car - advice needed on 11:41 - Nov 13 with 9578 viewsusm

Just leave it, I'll pick it up later

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Parked car - advice needed on 11:41 - Nov 13 with 9577 viewsSouperJim

Parked car - advice needed on 11:37 - Nov 13 by Basuco

I don't particularly fancy applying dog poo to someones door handles...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Parked car - advice needed on 11:42 - Nov 13 with 9565 viewslongtimefan

Parked car - advice needed on 11:37 - Nov 13 by Basuco

Think I'd be tempted to prop a large nail up against one of the front tyres so that when they reverse it goes in! Tyre won't be flat when they turn up to drive away and no way they can prove your involvement.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:44 - Nov 13 with 9542 viewsartsbossbeard

Parked car - advice needed on 11:42 - Nov 13 by longtimefan

Think I'd be tempted to prop a large nail up against one of the front tyres so that when they reverse it goes in! Tyre won't be flat when they turn up to drive away and no way they can prove your involvement.

People are so annoyed about the college parking in my close that they move the windscreen wipers away from the windscreen of poorly parked vehicles.

This approach hasn't worked to date.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Parked car - advice needed on 11:47 - Nov 13 with 9517 viewswitchdoctor

Parked car - advice needed on 10:30 - Nov 13 by caught-in-limbo

👍
Parked car - advice needed on 11:50 - Nov 13 with 9495 viewsGaryCooper

Parked car - advice needed on 11:41 - Nov 13 by SouperJim

I don't particularly fancy applying dog poo to someones door handles...

Grim reaper chilli sauce should work.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:56 - Nov 13 with 9464 viewsclive_baker

Parked car - advice needed on 11:11 - Nov 13 by artsbossbeard

Bus services culled, no free on-site parking following the initial promise that "most" students would use public transport rather than drive and look to park nearby.

In the words of Mick: "That turned out well".

I've had one lad knock on the door and ask if it's ok to park outside mine (I said yes and thanked him for asking), I also had a young lass who was looking to block my driveway with a poor excuse for parking, which I politely (yes, politely) asked if she thought that this was a good place to park, who simply drove off in a fluster.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just park at Gatwick. Ample parking there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024