Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parked car - advice needed 10:22 - Nov 13 with 19942 viewsPinewoodblue

Have an unexpected car parked on my drive. Suspect it's owner attends Suffolk One, the scroats will park añywhere with little consideration for residents.

Do I block him, or her, in or report an abandoned vehicle to Suffolk Police?

Edit posted as football thread bu corrected it straight away.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 10:23]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Parked car - advice needed on 18:35 - Nov 13 with 2831 viewsPinewoodblue

Parked car - advice needed on 15:55 - Nov 13 by giant_stow

have they come back yet?

Popped outon an errand and missed them. Neighbour did offer to block them in but declined the offer. They won't do it again trouble is others may have seen where she had parked and thing they can do the same.

2023 year of destiny

Parked car - advice needed on 18:58 - Nov 13 with 2793 viewsBergholtblue

£13.00 buys you a car clamp from Amazon. They will then have to knock on your door to release it. That's when you discuss the matter.

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

Parked car - advice needed on 19:16 - Nov 13 with 2769 viewsjeera

I would never advocate any of the suggestions of vandalising someone else's property and assume some of them are tongue-in-cheek.

But how the hell can anyone think it's ok to just dump their motor on someone's drive? What an inconsiderate, rude and pig-ignorant, piece of sh1t thing to do.

I once caught someone leaving their car across my driveway - it was a Salvation Army leaflet drop! As though their charity-based efforts gave them the right to just block me in my home.*

The people genuinely couldn't see the issue, stating they wouldn't be much more than half an hour or so.

How did they know if I needed to get out or not within that time?

I hate people sometimes I tell ya.

*Ambulances on call are exempt of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Parked car - advice needed on 19:21 - Nov 13 with 2756 viewsMullet

Ring your local scrap yard and make the easiest £130 of your year.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Parked car - advice needed on 19:25 - Nov 13 with 2751 viewsjeera

Parked car - advice needed on 19:21 - Nov 13 by Mullet

Ring your local scrap yard and make the easiest £130 of your year.

You can take the boy out of Halesworth...

Parked car - advice needed on 19:26 - Nov 13 with 2749 viewsdickie

I used to live on Bramford Lane back when town still pulled biggish crowds - I regularly had people block me in on match nights, used to drive me mental! A couple of times I had to get lifts to rehearsals/gigs as I couldn't get my car off the drive. I never did anything other than leave an impotent passive aggressive note sadly!
Parked car - advice needed on 19:34 - Nov 13 with 2727 viewsPinewoodblue

Parked car - advice needed on 19:16 - Nov 13 by jeera

I would never advocate any of the suggestions of vandalising someone else's property and assume some of them are tongue-in-cheek.

But how the hell can anyone think it's ok to just dump their motor on someone's drive? What an inconsiderate, rude and pig-ignorant, piece of sh1t thing to do.

I once caught someone leaving their car across my driveway - it was a Salvation Army leaflet drop! As though their charity-based efforts gave them the right to just block me in my home.*

The people genuinely couldn't see the issue, stating they wouldn't be much more than half an hour or so.

It's an age thing.

2023 year of destiny

Parked car - advice needed on 19:42 - Nov 13 with 2717 viewscaught-in-limbo

Parked car - advice needed on 19:16 - Nov 13 by jeera

It's simple. Whether you think you're justified in p155ing them off to much or not, they know where you live and not the other way round.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Parked car - advice needed on 19:47 - Nov 13 with 2699 viewsTheSelkirk

I believe that this was a Blue Action car and perhaps you would be better raising the matter with them.
Parked car - advice needed on 22:33 - Nov 13 with 2577 viewsRyorry

It's a pain, and you shouldn't have to spend the dosh of course, but prevention maybe better than cure -

https://www.safetyshop.com/heavy-duty-removable-bollard-13137.html?gclid=CjwKCAi

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Parked car - advice needed on 22:44 - Nov 13 with 2564 viewsjeera

Parked car - advice needed on 19:42 - Nov 13 by caught-in-limbo

It's simple. Whether you think you're justified in p155ing them off to much or not, they know where you live and not the other way round.

Not entirely sure of the relevance to my post, but yes, I would go along with that too.

Parked car - advice needed on 06:02 - Nov 14 with 2461 viewsHatStand

Just get Jonathan Douglas to stand at the top of the drive, or some Eric "gates"

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

Parked car - advice needed on 10:43 - Nov 14 with 2338 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Friendly legal advice: doing anything to the car would constitute criminal damage. This includes the obvious scratching, scraping but also putting water into the fuel tank, dog poo on the handles etc etc:

"Criminal Damage Act 1971

1.– Destroying or damaging property.

(1) A person who without lawful excuse destroys or damages any property belonging to another intending to destroy or damage any such property or being reckless as to whether any such property would be destroyed or damaged shall be guilty of an offence."

In my view, you would be entitled to park your own car on the street, blocking them in. However, they might then damage your car, trying to get out.

Probably the best action would be to leave a note, telling them they are not permitted to park on your driveway, that you have taken a note of their number plate, car model etc and that you will have the car clamped and removed if it happens again.
Parked car - advice needed on 10:46 - Nov 14 with 2327 viewsITFC_Forever

Parked car - advice needed on 19:26 - Nov 13 by dickie

I used to live on Bramford Lane back when town still pulled biggish crowds - I regularly had people block me in on match nights, used to drive me mental! A couple of times I had to get lifts to rehearsals/gigs as I couldn't get my car off the drive. I never did anything other than leave an impotent passive aggressive note sadly!

Should have gone to the game.

Problem solved.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Parked car - advice needed on 11:12 - Nov 14 with 2289 viewsBloomBlue

Parked car - advice needed on 10:43 - Nov 14 by NorthLondonBlue2

Friendly legal advice: doing anything to the car would constitute criminal damage. This includes the obvious scratching, scraping but also putting water into the fuel tank, dog poo on the handles etc etc:

"Criminal Damage Act 1971

1.– Destroying or damaging property.

(1) A person who without lawful excuse destroys or damages any property belonging to another intending to destroy or damage any such property or being reckless as to whether any such property would be destroyed or damaged shall be guilty of an offence."

In my view, you would be entitled to park your own car on the street, blocking them in. However, they might then damage your car, trying to get out.

Probably the best action would be to leave a note, telling them they are not permitted to park on your driveway, that you have taken a note of their number plate, car model etc and that you will have the car clamped and removed if it happens again.

But he could damage the car when clamping it, so would that then fall under criminal damage?

Go with the potato stuck in the exhaust, it's a well known fact they cannot take fingers prints from a potato, same as moss but moss won't block the exhaust.
Parked car - advice needed on 11:26 - Nov 14 with 2273 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Parked car - advice needed on 11:12 - Nov 14 by BloomBlue

But he could damage the car when clamping it, so would that then fall under criminal damage?

Go with the potato stuck in the exhaust, it's a well known fact they cannot take fingers prints from a potato, same as moss but moss won't block the exhaust.

Damaging the car by clamping it? Unlikely, unless fitting the clamp was reckless. Consider also proper notice to the driver that the car is clamped; I would be concerned about significant damage when, e.g. in the dark, the clamp wasn't noticed.

I don't have your potato-based forensic expertise on fingerprints, but of course DNA is readily transferable, especially if, e.g. the bare hand or the potato is wet. Tory cuts to the criminal justice system render the use of DNA testing unlikely in this scenario however.

But, deliberately placing a potato in the exhaust pipe would certainly amount to criminal damage. It could also amount to much more serious things, too, if it led to exhaust entering the car and injuring the occupants. Wouldn't take much exhaust to kill a baby . . .
Parked car - advice needed on 11:29 - Nov 14 with 2270 viewsrosseden

used to happen at my ex's house a few years back, i found a lovely trick, a long shipping pallet generally fits the jacking points on most cars. most pallet trucks are 2t rated. most handbrakes are on the rear wheels, and most people dont leave their car in gear.

Pallet under back half of car car. Pallet truck into pallet. Lift car at rear. pull into the road. Leave.

someone else will call it in quick smart, and itll be gone within half hour.

If they leave it in gear, you can lift most things if you centre the pallet, i did this probably 6 times in 2 months before her landlord installed security gates.

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Parked car - advice needed on 11:38 - Nov 14 with 2239 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Parked car - advice needed on 11:12 - Nov 14 by BloomBlue

But look!

Swedish soot powder - who knew that's the way to get fingerprints from vegetables:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19192682
Parked car - advice needed on 12:10 - Nov 14 with 2193 viewsEireannach_gorm

Parked car - advice needed on 13:58 - Nov 14 with 2096 viewsSouperJim

Parked car - advice needed on 11:26 - Nov 14 by NorthLondonBlue2

Damaging the car by clamping it? Unlikely, unless fitting the clamp was reckless. Consider also proper notice to the driver that the car is clamped; I would be concerned about significant damage when, e.g. in the dark, the clamp wasn't noticed.

I don't have your potato-based forensic expertise on fingerprints, but of course DNA is readily transferable, especially if, e.g. the bare hand or the potato is wet. Tory cuts to the criminal justice system render the use of DNA testing unlikely in this scenario however.

But, deliberately placing a potato in the exhaust pipe would certainly amount to criminal damage. It could also amount to much more serious things, too, if it led to exhaust entering the car and injuring the occupants. Wouldn't take much exhaust to kill a baby . . .

You're talking tripe here old son. If putting a substance on someones door handles is criminal damage, so is clamping it. Both involve placing something on the vehicle without deliberately causing "damage".

Mayo out of a squeezy bottle, all 4 handles. Zero DNA, zero fingerprints, completely untraceable.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Parked car - advice needed on 14:16 - Nov 14 with 2077 viewsBloomBlue

Parked car - advice needed on 11:38 - Nov 14 by NorthLondonBlue2

But look!

Swedish soot powder - who knew that's the way to get fingerprints from vegetables:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19192682

Damn so that means moss is now the only option and that will never work in the exhaust.

However that Slovenia test didnt test if they could still get fingerprints off a potato that has been stuck in a hot exhaust for 10 minutes so feasibly it's still an option.
Parked car - advice needed on 14:28 - Nov 14 with 2072 viewsRyorry

Parked car - advice needed on 13:58 - Nov 14 by SouperJim

You're talking tripe here old son. If putting a substance on someones door handles is criminal damage, so is clamping it. Both involve placing something on the vehicle without deliberately causing "damage".

Mayo out of a squeezy bottle, all 4 handles. Zero DNA, zero fingerprints, completely untraceable.

Mmm, and they'd never in a million years guess that the person applying it was the owner/tenant of the house whose drive they were illicitly parked in ...nor ever take any kind of sneaky revenge in retaliation ...

Parked car - advice needed on 14:37 - Nov 14 with 2062 viewsSouperJim

Parked car - advice needed on 14:28 - Nov 14 by Ryorry

Mmm, and they'd never in a million years guess that the person applying it was the owner/tenant of the house whose drive they were illicitly parked in ...nor ever take any kind of sneaky revenge in retaliation ...

I think the former is the point, to discourage a repeat of the offence. The latter is down to their own conscience as someone who went and parked on someone else's driveway. Not to mention their bravery, considering the driveway owner is a nutcase who smears an unidentified white substance on car door handles...

Parked car - advice needed on 14:39 - Nov 14 with 2054 viewsRyorry

Parked car - advice needed on 14:37 - Nov 14 by SouperJim

I think the former is the point, to discourage a repeat of the offence. The latter is down to their own conscience as someone who went and parked on someone else's driveway. Not to mention their bravery, considering the driveway owner is a nutcase who smears an unidentified white substance on car door handles...

I've probably watched too many stupid neighbour-wars docus where things rapidly escalate from mayonnaise to murder to risk such stunts!

Parked car - advice needed on 14:48 - Nov 14 with 2035 viewsSouperJim

Parked car - advice needed on 14:39 - Nov 14 by Ryorry

I've probably watched too many stupid neighbour-wars docus where things rapidly escalate from mayonnaise to murder to risk such stunts!

Yeah I don't think I'd actually do it on the first offence, I did have a neighbour who did exactly this whenever someone parked outside her house though. She was lovely, just a bit nuts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024