Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? 11:28 - Nov 13 with 9297 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 18:17 - Nov 13 with 4314 viewsbrazil1982

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:30 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

Nobody appears to have pointed out yet that the 'protester' appears to be a racist, homophobic, Brexit Party-supporting bigot.

Not sure if that changes the discussion anyway around whether it was a valid heckle/question.

How does he appear to be racist?
Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 18:45 - Nov 13 with 4294 viewsGaryCooper

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 18:17 - Nov 13 by brazil1982

He has the look of Dianne Abbott?
Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 19:32 - Nov 13 with 4269 viewsBrixtonBlue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:04 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

So nobody called them terrorist sympathisers then? We got there in the end.

This is what the Guardian had to say about Corbyn at the time he was hanging with Gerry Adams:

'Mr Corbyn is a fool'
'romantic support for the Irish republicans'
'lack of moral judgement'
'do not advance the cause of peace in Northern Ireland'

The Guardian even advised Gerry Adams that hanging about with Jeremy Corbyn was bad for his image (chuckle).

'if he is canny about the image he wants to project in Britain he wont accept too many invitations from Tony Benn and Jeremy Corbyn'.

Toxic Corbyn back then and toxic Corbyn now.

And people who were involved in the peace process rather than being cheerleaders for the IRA:

Queen's University historian Paul Bew, made a life peer for his contribution to the Good Friday Agreement: "The terms on which Corbyn was in dialogue with Adams was on the basis that Adams wins." "Corbyn was always out on a limb with the Provos".

Seamus Mallon, another architect of the Good Friday Agreement said said that Corbyn “very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

It's completely dishonest to rewrite history and suggest that Corbyn in any way contributed to the peace process in Northern Ireland. He was the IRA's useful idiot.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 16:05]

Yawn.

Change the record.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 19:51 - Nov 13 with 4257 viewsSwansea_Blue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 18:17 - Nov 13 by brazil1982

It’ll be the apparent racism he’s show on Twitter that gives the game away. In his defence, the racism isn’t there often and antisemitism only pops up rarely too, but he REALLY doesn’t like gay people, foreigners and Muslims. And he loves Brexit and slamming the lefty Marxists.

It’s exactly what you get if you feed people a diet of populist, xenophobic, islamophobic bullsh*t in the right wing press and via the publicity machine of a right wing government. People unleash their inner twot.

For the sake of accuracy though, I’ve got no way of knowing if the person identified is indeed the person who heckled Corbyn. People seem sure on social media, but that doesn’t necessarily mean much.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 19:58 - Nov 13 with 4245 viewsBrixtonBlue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 17:15 - Nov 13 by lowhouseblue

that's a pretty thorough debunking. the original list is nonsense.

Not really, no. Just plucked one of his follow ups at random (haven't got time or inclination to through all of them;

"Corbyn first met Adams in July 83, weeks after becoming an MP, to the shock and horror of most people.

But that was not for lack of trying, he had been trying since at least 1982 to meet the IRA/Sinn Fein."

Let's take this apart;

1. So the bit in the original post was correct - he did only meet Gerry Adams after Adams became an MP. We almost don't need to go any further, he's not disproved anything here. However;

2. "to the shock and horror of most people" - where's the evidence for this? Any links? No. Any quotes from anyone? No. Utterly baseless.

3. "But that was not for lack of trying" - again, evidence? Another baseless accusation. And why, in any case, if Corbyn had been trying to meet Adams, had he been unable to?

4. Any detail on WHY Corbyn met Adams? Nope, nothing. The oft-raised accusation that they were best mates doesn't hold - we've just been told Corbyn had been trying to meet Adams for AT LEAST a year. Hardly best mates.

Look how easily this stuff falls apart as soon as you pick at it. The so-called debunker is clearly just a Corbyn hater, from his language alone. But just in this one post he hasn't even debunked anything - he's merely proved the point from the original list was true!

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:18 - Nov 13 with 4229 viewsDarth_Koont

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 19:58 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

Not really, no. Just plucked one of his follow ups at random (haven't got time or inclination to through all of them;

"Corbyn first met Adams in July 83, weeks after becoming an MP, to the shock and horror of most people.

But that was not for lack of trying, he had been trying since at least 1982 to meet the IRA/Sinn Fein."

Let's take this apart;

1. So the bit in the original post was correct - he did only meet Gerry Adams after Adams became an MP. We almost don't need to go any further, he's not disproved anything here. However;

2. "to the shock and horror of most people" - where's the evidence for this? Any links? No. Any quotes from anyone? No. Utterly baseless.

3. "But that was not for lack of trying" - again, evidence? Another baseless accusation. And why, in any case, if Corbyn had been trying to meet Adams, had he been unable to?

4. Any detail on WHY Corbyn met Adams? Nope, nothing. The oft-raised accusation that they were best mates doesn't hold - we've just been told Corbyn had been trying to meet Adams for AT LEAST a year. Hardly best mates.

Look how easily this stuff falls apart as soon as you pick at it. The so-called debunker is clearly just a Corbyn hater, from his language alone. But just in this one post he hasn't even debunked anything - he's merely proved the point from the original list was true!

Yes, It's desperate stuff from clowns who believe these smeary character assassinations are all part of the game.

It may be embarrassing and silly but the problem is that it works if people don't question it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:22 - Nov 13 with 4220 viewsBrixtonBlue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:18 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

Yes, It's desperate stuff from clowns who believe these smeary character assassinations are all part of the game.

It may be embarrassing and silly but the problem is that it works if people don't question it.

Indeed. I'm not an expert on this stuff (it happened nearly 40 years ago) but I managed to pull one of the points apart quite easily with just logic.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:26 - Nov 13 with 4211 viewsSwansea_Blue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 19:58 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

Let's take this apart;

I don’t get involved in any of this as I don’t know the truth and don’t have the inclination or patience to dig deep enough to find out. But are people really criticising Corbyn for meeting with an elected member of our parliament (ok, even if he’s scum and ex-IRA, you have to move on at some point and if he’d been elected...).

Deary me.

I think there’s enough to hang on JC without this sort on nonsense.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:35 - Nov 13 with 4205 viewsBrixtonBlue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:26 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t get involved in any of this as I don’t know the truth and don’t have the inclination or patience to dig deep enough to find out. But are people really criticising Corbyn for meeting with an elected member of our parliament (ok, even if he’s scum and ex-IRA, you have to move on at some point and if he’d been elected...).

Deary me.

I think there’s enough to hang on JC without this sort on nonsense.

Well the Corbyn-haters say "He met Gerry Adams, BOOOOO, FOR SHAME!" The original tweet points out the bit they always miss out - that it was after he became an MP.

Like you I don’t have the inclination or patience to dig deep enough, but even scratching the surface a little their criticisms start falling apart.

If you wanted to smear someone, then obviously you'd leave certain bits out to make them look worse...

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:38 - Nov 13 with 4202 viewsDarth_Koont

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:22 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed. I'm not an expert on this stuff (it happened nearly 40 years ago) but I managed to pull one of the points apart quite easily with just logic.

It's the same with almost all their attacks but take things out of context, give it a new one and then repeat it ad nauseam and suddenly everyone thinks it's true.

Anyone sensible knows that Corbyn isn't in favour of terrorism itself nor is his pro-Palestinian position a symptom of his crazed antisemitism. But when shaped into a weapon it becomes a convenient way for his opponents to bash him and, most importantly, deflect from their own far worse shortcomings.

The right and the Tories have almost got away with being a bona fide racist party with 50% of members admitting anti-Muslim prejudice (!!). Just by saying look over there and succeeding in convincing the average person in the UK that antisemitism incidents are 300 times greater in the Labour Party than they really are. Pretty sickening - but especially that supposedly independent, sensible people and media report and repeat it uncritically.

The UK deserves and needs better than this scummy political debate.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:21 - Nov 13 with 4180 viewsBrixtonBlue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 14:24 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Did you even bother listening to the list of terrorist groups Corbyn and Abbot voted against prescribing?

I did. You can't ban an entire list of organisations and deem them terrorists on the basis that some of them are.

Has Abbot, or indeed Corbyn, ever said that Al Qaeda aren't terrorists, for example?

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:26 - Nov 13 with 4172 viewsWD19

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 20:35 - Nov 13 by BrixtonBlue

Well the Corbyn-haters say "He met Gerry Adams, BOOOOO, FOR SHAME!" The original tweet points out the bit they always miss out - that it was after he became an MP.

Like you I don’t have the inclination or patience to dig deep enough, but even scratching the surface a little their criticisms start falling apart.

If you wanted to smear someone, then obviously you'd leave certain bits out to make them look worse...

Some people undoubtedly try to smear Corbyn.

They don’t need to.
Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:38 - Nov 13 with 4166 viewsBrixtonBlue

Let's take this apart;

Funny how lowhouse downarrows this but doesn't actually counter any of my points...

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:45 - Nov 13 with 4161 viewsBrixtonBlue

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 14:51 - Nov 13 by Pinewoodblue

If it is a stupid question you have to ask why the original post was made.

Brixton on another wind up.

The original post was clearly a lighthearted bit of fun which I'm pretty sure Glassers would be absolutely fine with.

I'm sure if someone in Brixton were to shout something at a Tory people would put a similar post up about me.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:49 - Nov 13 with 4155 viewsDarth_Koont

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:26 - Nov 13 by WD19

Some people undoubtedly try to smear Corbyn.

They don’t need to.

Yes, they do.

Do you think the right-wingers in political parties and in the media can really defend their own records and policies? The Tories, Farage et al and their supporters in the Telegraph, Mail, Express etc. haven't a leg to stand on so they need to take down the opponent.

That's before we even address those looking to shut down debate and inevitable criticism of Israel.

Nasty stuff. But that's where they're coming from anyway.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 14:21 - Nov 14 with 4056 viewsSouperJim

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:04 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

So nobody called them terrorist sympathisers then? We got there in the end.

This is what the Guardian had to say about Corbyn at the time he was hanging with Gerry Adams:

'Mr Corbyn is a fool'
'romantic support for the Irish republicans'
'lack of moral judgement'
'do not advance the cause of peace in Northern Ireland'

The Guardian even advised Gerry Adams that hanging about with Jeremy Corbyn was bad for his image (chuckle).

'if he is canny about the image he wants to project in Britain he wont accept too many invitations from Tony Benn and Jeremy Corbyn'.

Toxic Corbyn back then and toxic Corbyn now.

And people who were involved in the peace process rather than being cheerleaders for the IRA:

Queen's University historian Paul Bew, made a life peer for his contribution to the Good Friday Agreement: "The terms on which Corbyn was in dialogue with Adams was on the basis that Adams wins." "Corbyn was always out on a limb with the Provos".

Seamus Mallon, another architect of the Good Friday Agreement said said that Corbyn “very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

It's completely dishonest to rewrite history and suggest that Corbyn in any way contributed to the peace process in Northern Ireland. He was the IRA's useful idiot.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 16:05]

"It's completely dishonest to rewrite history and suggest that Corbyn in any way contributed to the peace process in Northern Ireland. He was the IRA's useful idiot."

What the hell are you actually on about? If you could put your petty party politics to one side for a moment, you'd see that at no point did I make any claim about Corbyn's involvement. I was making a wider point about how it is not helpful to criticise when brave individuals sit down and talk with those with blood on their hands, in an attempt to find peace.

And yes, not everyone thought that the Northern Ireland peace process would be a success and there was plenty of criticism at the time of *any* engagement with the paramilitaries. You can argue black is white if you like.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 14:42 - Nov 14 with 4041 viewsnoggin

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 14:02 - Nov 13 by hampstead_blue

Got to be Gerry Adams.

I'll put a fiver on him.

Is that Gerry Adams who moved from violence to politics to end the troubles? Are you suggesting the government should not talk with Sinn Fein?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 15:28 - Nov 14 with 4013 viewsGeoffSentence

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 14:05 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Nobody called Mo Mowlan or John Major terrorist sympathisers for opening dialogue with the IRA.

Then again, neither of them supported the aims of the IRA.

What is the problem with supporting the aims of the IRA? It is perfectly OK to disagree.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:06 - Nov 14 with 3977 viewsjimmyvet

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:49 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

Yes, they do.

Do you think the right-wingers in political parties and in the media can really defend their own records and policies? The Tories, Farage et al and their supporters in the Telegraph, Mail, Express etc. haven't a leg to stand on so they need to take down the opponent.

That's before we even address those looking to shut down debate and inevitable criticism of Israel.

Nasty stuff. But that's where they're coming from anyway.

Seriously DK you are so blinded to reality. The stuff aimed at Corbyn is absolutely timid and powder puff compared to the abuse of the anti Semite brigade and hard core Corbynist’s have dished out to the Jewish female MPs. You really need to take your head out of JCs arse look online and educate yourself to that abuse rather than defending JC constantly.
Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:37 - Nov 14 with 3951 viewsBackToRussia

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:06 - Nov 14 by jimmyvet

Seriously DK you are so blinded to reality. The stuff aimed at Corbyn is absolutely timid and powder puff compared to the abuse of the anti Semite brigade and hard core Corbynist’s have dished out to the Jewish female MPs. You really need to take your head out of JCs arse look online and educate yourself to that abuse rather than defending JC constantly.

I never quite understood how morons on Twitter gets laid at Corbyns door.

The Internet is a complete cesspit and always has been.

Similarly MPs have always received abuse. It seems they choose when it bothers them.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:53 - Nov 14 with 3931 viewsbrazil1982

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:37 - Nov 14 by BackToRussia

I never quite understood how morons on Twitter gets laid at Corbyns door.

The Internet is a complete cesspit and always has been.

Similarly MPs have always received abuse. It seems they choose when it bothers them.

I'd like to think if I was an MP / public figure I wouldn't have a social media presence, or indeed view the unpleasantness of it.
Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:57 - Nov 14 with 3921 viewsBackToRussia

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:53 - Nov 14 by brazil1982

I'd like to think if I was an MP / public figure I wouldn't have a social media presence, or indeed view the unpleasantness of it.

Unfortunately some MPs are so utterly lacking in personal convictions that the only thing they have left is to become a victim.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 18:57 - Nov 14 with 3872 viewsDarth_Koont

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 16:06 - Nov 14 by jimmyvet

It's because I have educated myself that I know that, for instance, conflating online abuse and death threats from right-wingers with Corbyn's presence as Labour leader has been one of the major smear tactics.

You wouldn't know it by how that has been presented though. No, anything and everything can be put at Corbyn's door.

This is an excellent view that sums up much of what I've read and understood for myself:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/writingfromtheedge/2019/11/as-a-british-jew-im-not

I suggest you address what he's saying rather than following me around making up stuff for me to dismiss.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:16 - Nov 14 with 3816 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 18:57 - Nov 14 by Darth_Koont

It's because I have educated myself that I know that, for instance, conflating online abuse and death threats from right-wingers with Corbyn's presence as Labour leader has been one of the major smear tactics.

You wouldn't know it by how that has been presented though. No, anything and everything can be put at Corbyn's door.

This is an excellent view that sums up much of what I've read and understood for myself:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/writingfromtheedge/2019/11/as-a-british-jew-im-not

I suggest you address what he's saying rather than following me around making up stuff for me to dismiss.

For those that can't be arsed...the thoughts of a bad Jew...

"The 673 accusations as a percentage of party members amounted to 0.1% of the total Party membership. However, 220 of the allegations were rejected through the disciplinary process which left 453 (or 0.08% of party membership) accused, found guilty and disciplined. Of these, only 12 were considered serious enough to warrant permanent expulsion.

Further analysis of these figures, and other data, and their comparison to survey data of antisemitism in the UK population as a whole, has been carried out by statistician Alan Maddison. The upshot is, there’s less antisemitism in Labour than you would expect to find in the UK population as a whole (which is already among the lowest in the world). "

"By turning antisemitism into a political battleground, they have created ‘good Jews’ and ‘bad Jews’ — those that are allowed to speak with a Jewish voice and those that are condemned as traitors."

"Antisemitism is real and it’s growing. We need to face into the role Israel plays in generating antisemitism. We need to recognise that Zionism can be experienced as both a movement for Jewish liberation and as a project of racist, settler colonialism. We need to be clear from which political direction the most serious dangers to Jews and other minorities are coming from. For some on the left, there is a need to learn some Jewish history and appreciate why so many Jews feel such an emotional tie towards Israel.

As for those who currently claim to speak in the interests of Jews in Britain, they too could do with some serious historical and political education. Or perhaps just early retirement."
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 21:17]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:28 - Nov 14 with 3805 viewsnoggin

Glassers, you been up to your old tricks again? on 21:16 - Nov 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

For those that can't be arsed...the thoughts of a bad Jew...

"The 673 accusations as a percentage of party members amounted to 0.1% of the total Party membership. However, 220 of the allegations were rejected through the disciplinary process which left 453 (or 0.08% of party membership) accused, found guilty and disciplined. Of these, only 12 were considered serious enough to warrant permanent expulsion.

Further analysis of these figures, and other data, and their comparison to survey data of antisemitism in the UK population as a whole, has been carried out by statistician Alan Maddison. The upshot is, there’s less antisemitism in Labour than you would expect to find in the UK population as a whole (which is already among the lowest in the world). "

"By turning antisemitism into a political battleground, they have created ‘good Jews’ and ‘bad Jews’ — those that are allowed to speak with a Jewish voice and those that are condemned as traitors."

"Antisemitism is real and it’s growing. We need to face into the role Israel plays in generating antisemitism. We need to recognise that Zionism can be experienced as both a movement for Jewish liberation and as a project of racist, settler colonialism. We need to be clear from which political direction the most serious dangers to Jews and other minorities are coming from. For some on the left, there is a need to learn some Jewish history and appreciate why so many Jews feel such an emotional tie towards Israel.

As for those who currently claim to speak in the interests of Jews in Britain, they too could do with some serious historical and political education. Or perhaps just early retirement."
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 21:17]

I'm looking forward to buying a cut price house in Stamford Hill or Golders Green, when they all leave.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024