Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we a bit self entitled as fans? 11:39 - Nov 13 with 4046 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is going to go down like a led balloon but there are so many posts just criticizing the management non stop. We used to have Mick not changing the team because he 'had favourites'. We've in the past had calls to give youth a chance etc. We now have Lambert getting absolute pelts for making too many changes.

Fact is you can never please everyone. I think he's maybe swapped things a bit too much at times. The FA cup maybe 4-5 changes max for me. However we are top of the league, we have quality young players coming through and getting game time and we did not go out of either cup in last two games. I accept that his experience, data and knowledge outweighs by desire to see a more settled team given where we sit in table!

Honestly there is so little to moan about and so much to be positive about. I think we need to stop just expecting to get what we want all the time and trust in the long term outlook which i think Lambert has planned out. Such a culture of moaning behind keyboards. We are TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 11:43 - Nov 13 with 3270 viewsSouperJim

There is no place for a balanced, reasoned argument here, thank you very much.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 11:59 - Nov 13 with 3227 viewsportmanking

Amen, brother.

Unfortunately it's the "snowflake" culture to be easily offended or cheesed-off about needless things. It seems as a collective, too many are incapable of simply living in the moment and enjoying it.

The short-term goal is to return to the Championship and build from there. Anyone that's getting their knickers in a twist about unnecessary cup runs (for this season, at least) needs to have a word with themselves.

We're in danger of letting a minority over-analyse everything and suck the enjoyment out of what has been a fantastic start to the campaign and a remarkable turnaround from six months ago.
Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 12:24 - Nov 13 with 3170 viewspointofblue

We’ve had a strong start to our league campaign. Considering the gap between the Rochdale and Blackpool matches the team selections for Lincoln and a Colchester do rankle and have guv3n us a replay and two additional away matches which, in my mind, are unnecessary. Like when Mick made these changes and we performed limply in our next league match despite the rest, IMO a good performance against Blackpool will make it worthwhile.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 12:30 - Nov 13 with 3152 viewsFtnfwest

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 12:24 - Nov 13 by pointofblue

We’ve had a strong start to our league campaign. Considering the gap between the Rochdale and Blackpool matches the team selections for Lincoln and a Colchester do rankle and have guv3n us a replay and two additional away matches which, in my mind, are unnecessary. Like when Mick made these changes and we performed limply in our next league match despite the rest, IMO a good performance against Blackpool will make it worthwhile.

and whilst its a positive for those first teamers who are injured to a greater or lesser degree to get the additional recovery time, by and large i can't help feel that with the majority, the more 'downtime' they have from actual matches, the rustier they will be for Blackpool
Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 12:36 - Nov 13 with 3134 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, we're doing fine and the level of nitpicking — based on a tiny percentage of the information that is actually required to be able to form a sound judgement — does my head in. It's not perfect and there are things that need improving on but everyone would have settled for what's happened in the last four months.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 13:01 - Nov 13 with 3056 viewshoppy

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 11:59 - Nov 13 by portmanking

Amen, brother.

Unfortunately it's the "snowflake" culture to be easily offended or cheesed-off about needless things. It seems as a collective, too many are incapable of simply living in the moment and enjoying it.

The short-term goal is to return to the Championship and build from there. Anyone that's getting their knickers in a twist about unnecessary cup runs (for this season, at least) needs to have a word with themselves.

We're in danger of letting a minority over-analyse everything and suck the enjoyment out of what has been a fantastic start to the campaign and a remarkable turnaround from six months ago.

"We're in danger of letting a minority over-analyse everything"

Why do you think that is?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 13:12 - Nov 13 with 3011 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not at all. As a fan you are perfectly entitled to think that Town, as a professional football with paying spectators would attempt to win the occasional cup game - even if it means a particularly difficult 15 mile coach trip and only a week off until the next game.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 13:19 - Nov 13 with 2988 viewsRyorry

Wouldn't a balloon lit up by LEDs rise, rather than go down?

Anyway seems to me that one of the defining characteristics of all fans of all football clubs is feeling "a bit self entitled"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 13:59 - Nov 13 with 2926 viewsKropotkin123

Yes and no.

Yes
- At the start critics of the management said so long as we got the results and get out of the league it doesn't matter how we play.
- Now a large percentage of these people, seeing us get results, say the performances aren't good enough.
- We are often condescending and disrespectful to others in this division.
- People go too far. They don't like a manager, so force themselves to fight anything decent about them. No middle ground.
- Modern football fans don't seem to be able to deal with losses or even low scoring wins at times. It isn't just our failure and we are by no means the worst.

No
- We are a collection of people. Ones person's comment doesn't speak for other people.
- People are allowed to use a fans forum to discuss perceived issues. Too much rotated or not enough rotation. People will sit all along that line and this is okay. It would be pretty boring if we all agreed and had no point of difference on issues.
- Some people are just not going to like certain managers. That is also okay.
- In this age of media sometimes there is nothing new to say. So the same questions are asked. This turns managers into repetitive bores, who need a flogged for information that is easy to publish.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 15:29 - Nov 13 with 2809 viewsFixed_It

Totally agree. But the worrying thing is, this place looks incredibly sensible and balanced compared to some of the comments made on various groups on FB etc. Jeez - we have some very entitled and ridiculously stupid supporters I'm afraid.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 15:38 - Nov 13 with 2794 viewsgiant_stow

I wouldn't single you lot out for particular criticism - footy fans everywhere are often proper entitiled whiney tossers.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 16:23 - Nov 13 with 2732 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we are, with an arrogant streak as well. We've always judged the likes of Bournemouth, Lincoln, Norwich etc for getting above themselves after they've had a bit of success bu quite a lot of Town fans are suddenly acting like we're too big for this league and we will walk to the title. As well as the growing idea that if we want to win the EFL trophy we will.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 16:46 - Nov 13 with 2690 viewspointofblue

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 16:23 - Nov 13 by J2BLUE

I think we are, with an arrogant streak as well. We've always judged the likes of Bournemouth, Lincoln, Norwich etc for getting above themselves after they've had a bit of success bu quite a lot of Town fans are suddenly acting like we're too big for this league and we will walk to the title. As well as the growing idea that if we want to win the EFL trophy we will.

I’d argue we’re acting entitled with some of our team selections - particularly at Colchester but also against Lincoln. It’d be nice to respect the cup competitions, particularly the FA Cup, especially when we have approaching a fortnight’s break between league matches.

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 17:52 - Nov 13 with 2621 viewsPilgrimblue

If he had done as you suggested then many of us would be cutting him some slack. TEN changes in a valuable competition was too much and for me PL is putting all his eggs in one basket!
I'm not bothered about other comp as always had in my mind that it would be aimed at 2nd team+youth.
We've got a winning mentality back but resting players for 3 weeks is crazy.We;ll see if PL has got it just right and I'll eat my words if we're still top at end of year.
Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 18:04 - Nov 13 with 2599 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 17:52 - Nov 13 by Pilgrimblue

If he had done as you suggested then many of us would be cutting him some slack. TEN changes in a valuable competition was too much and for me PL is putting all his eggs in one basket!
I'm not bothered about other comp as always had in my mind that it would be aimed at 2nd team+youth.
We've got a winning mentality back but resting players for 3 weeks is crazy.We;ll see if PL has got it just right and I'll eat my words if we're still top at end of year.

Listen all i'm saying is I didnt get what i want. Would have preferred Lambert put a stronger team out in FA Cup. But he's not doing it to annoy.me or any of the fans. He's doing it for what he feels is best for the club and for promotion. Its actually made him less popular which tells you something: he's willing to put the club first over his popularity.

Whether it is the right call or not i'm just asking the question and putting it out there for us to all just take a second before whining and moaning because he hasnt selected the team.we would have (though we would all have selected a different side!).

Maybe we cant have everything. And if we go up i'm very happy. We may still win the cup replay yet.

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 19:58 - Nov 13 with 2496 viewsGarv

I’m as bad as anyone because I started posting on here when Keane was manager and let’s be honest there was a lot to moan about, and I also liked a good grumble about Mick.

I do miss the times that I would just go to football and not post on social media about it afterwards. If it was a bad game, it was just a bad game, no particular blame attached.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 20:10 - Nov 13 with 2477 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 19:58 - Nov 13 by Garv

I’m as bad as anyone because I started posting on here when Keane was manager and let’s be honest there was a lot to moan about, and I also liked a good grumble about Mick.

I do miss the times that I would just go to football and not post on social media about it afterwards. If it was a bad game, it was just a bad game, no particular blame attached.

Great post. This actually kind of sums it up nicely. It used to to be all about the game....

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 20:13 - Nov 13 with 2468 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not sure I agree with the “so little to moan about and so much to be positive about” angle. We’re at our lowest ebb in 60 years on the pitch and are being cut adrift in our ability to compete financially whilst running up historic levels of debt that may complicate attempts to sell us when ME wants to move on.

I concede that we do need to put relegation behind us and take what positives we can from this season though. For me, that’s the current league position, Flynn and KVY. Everything else is a bit ‘meh’. I don’t understand what Lambert is trying to do, so it’s not clear to me how we could build on it next year if we do get back in the Championship.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 21:33 - Nov 13 with 2417 viewsBloomBlue

It's not so much entitlement it's the old Suffolk tradition of moaning. I thought the Suffolk moaning would be breed out after the 80's but it appears it's alive and well. Suffolk people are never happy unless they're moaning.

I'm sure you're aware of the story of the Aussie who came up with the expression 'whinging pom' after spending an hour in the company of a couple of Suffolk?
Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 21:43 - Nov 13 with 2398 viewsjeera

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 21:33 - Nov 13 by BloomBlue

It's not so much entitlement it's the old Suffolk tradition of moaning. I thought the Suffolk moaning would be breed out after the 80's but it appears it's alive and well. Suffolk people are never happy unless they're moaning.

I'm sure you're aware of the story of the Aussie who came up with the expression 'whinging pom' after spending an hour in the company of a couple of Suffolk?

Everyone likes a moan.

If you don't know that then you haven't travelled enough.

*Mind you, that's not to say much moaning isn't called for in some quarters!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 23:04 - Nov 13 with 2313 viewspointofblue

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 18:04 - Nov 13 by Terry_Nutkins

Listen all i'm saying is I didnt get what i want. Would have preferred Lambert put a stronger team out in FA Cup. But he's not doing it to annoy.me or any of the fans. He's doing it for what he feels is best for the club and for promotion. Its actually made him less popular which tells you something: he's willing to put the club first over his popularity.

Whether it is the right call or not i'm just asking the question and putting it out there for us to all just take a second before whining and moaning because he hasnt selected the team.we would have (though we would all have selected a different side!).

Maybe we cant have everything. And if we go up i'm very happy. We may still win the cup replay yet.

"Its actually made him less popular which tells you something: he's willing to put the club first over his popularity."

Aka the Mick McCarthy approach.

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 08:51 - Nov 14 with 2170 viewshampstead_blue

We're invested in the club so Yes we will panic, cry, laugh, get fuzzy feelings, and more besides.

We are entitled to be pedantic as our personal investment is so high.

I love it. :-)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 10:18 - Nov 14 with 2125 viewsPilgrimblue

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 08:51 - Nov 14 by hampstead_blue

We're invested in the club so Yes we will panic, cry, laugh, get fuzzy feelings, and more besides.

We are entitled to be pedantic as our personal investment is so high.

I love it. :-)

Of course and I love it too. PL is in charge and for a while he's proved that his way is best and the fans have been backing him BUT that could soon change if his squad ethos goes wrong.
After Hurst its easy to see that PL is getting there, even with some poor players like Toto around.
Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 11:29 - Nov 14 with 2083 viewshampstead_blue

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 10:18 - Nov 14 by Pilgrimblue

Of course and I love it too. PL is in charge and for a while he's proved that his way is best and the fans have been backing him BUT that could soon change if his squad ethos goes wrong.
After Hurst its easy to see that PL is getting there, even with some poor players like Toto around.

absolutely right.
Fans in the round are fickle, I'm more patient and happy to give a manager time, but we all have our limits

It can change but will never be as bad as Corbyn getting into power.....(I had to get a JC dig into this)..... ;-)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Are we a bit self entitled as fans? on 11:34 - Nov 14 with 2081 viewsBiGDonnie

No. It's just that 99% of TWTD users are idiots.

Myself not included.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024