Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out 11:48 - Nov 13 with 1443 viewsunstableblue

It was cold, our fans are frankly ridiculous in their enthusiasm currently, and for those moaning at Lambert there was a mismatch between our rabid (go to anything) support and how seriously our manager is taking the tournament.

I'm still quite glad I went just to assess fringe and youth players.

Both teams were actually fairly up for it. And when Ipswich's pressing, movement and running at defenders (to break up the lines) clicked for 2 x 10mins periods, it was quite entertaining. And we should have turned penalty box pressure into goals. I do think if we'd put 2 or 3 senior players on for the last 20-30mins we'd have walked it.

The goal was a complete fluke, feel sorry for Holy.

So to the team:

- Holy, thought he did well overall through the night, his height helped on a few shot stops, distribution was OK. Shame about the goal and one other error. Feels like he is number 2 now
- Donacien - had a pretty good night; looked solid. Just lacks that fizz in the opposition. Good back-up to KVY, should be on bench. But this lack of games hopefully gives time for KVY to come back for Blackpool game
- Nsiala - too lose and reckless again at times, there is a good player in there somewhere. He is physical. Got in a fracas over someone coming in hard on him
Wilson - looked alongside Huws as the best players on the pitch; great back up / competition for The Wolf and Chambo
Kenlock - probably 3rd best player tonight, still runs like an emu, but did a lot right, again our system/pattern needs runners to break the lines, he did that
Edwards - he wasn't woeful, but he was poor given the standard of opposition, felt this was opportunity for him to shine, he is not a first team player at present in my view
El Mizouni - started brightly, but I am normally very impressed with him, and he wasn't moving off the defenders enough, Huws was frustrated with lack of running/options
McGavin - tidy, covered some ground, popped up in the right places and looks composed, and was comfortable at the level, but for me he didn't 'wrip up enough trees'. One to watch though.
HUWS - fantastic to see one of our most important players NOW fully fit. Game was worthwhile just for his run out. He was covering huge amounts of ground and getting really stuck in physically, definitely over the injury finally. He has a cultured game and can weave out of issues. Shame El Mizouni and Folami couldn't provide him enough options for the positions he got himself in to distribute. I see him alongside Downes in our starting 11 soon.
Georgiou - should have been one of the stand out players, had some passage of play, but overall not enough influence on the game
Folami - a lot of positive noises about him, but I wasn't impressed. Clearly coming back from injury and also service to a single striker against a lump was wrong. BUT there were opportunities for him to run the channels better and be more clinical

I thank you

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out on 11:52 - Nov 13 with 1388 viewsITFC_Forever

Agree with most of that, although I thought Folami did well considering our hard of thinking players lumped it up to him - won balls against a couple of big CBs he had no right to win.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out on 12:07 - Nov 13 with 1317 viewsunstableblue

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out on 11:52 - Nov 13 by ITFC_Forever

Agree with most of that, although I thought Folami did well considering our hard of thinking players lumped it up to him - won balls against a couple of big CBs he had no right to win.

Agree that in those periods of lumping, he was isolated, and really not a lot he could do.

But in the two spells of good town play, he had opportunities to do a lot more. And some of the Col U players looked more comfortable on the ball going forward than he did.

I am probably being a bit harsh, but I expected to leave thinking he was a real prospect. But again he has been out injured, and it wasn't an ideal game for him.

What did you think of McGavin?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out on 12:11 - Nov 13 with 1295 viewsITFC_Forever

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out on 12:07 - Nov 13 by unstableblue

Agree that in those periods of lumping, he was isolated, and really not a lot he could do.

But in the two spells of good town play, he had opportunities to do a lot more. And some of the Col U players looked more comfortable on the ball going forward than he did.

I am probably being a bit harsh, but I expected to leave thinking he was a real prospect. But again he has been out injured, and it wasn't an ideal game for him.

What did you think of McGavin?

I liked McGavin.

Won the ball, looked to pass it.... neat and tidy and solid for his debut.

As he develops, I would say we would look for him to affect the game more, but it certainly didn't pass him by.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out on 13:37 - Nov 13 with 1109 viewsSlambo

"runs like an emu"

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

His legs always look like..... on 13:51 - Nov 13 with 1044 viewsBloots

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out on 13:37 - Nov 13 by Slambo

"runs like an emu"

....they are trying to run away from the rest of his body.

He went into a tackle last night and it took a couple of seconds before his body caught his legs up.

The emu comparison is spot on.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024