Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. 12:24 - Nov 13 with 1548 viewsunstableblue

.. uncertainty as a factor. Obviously there was not guarantee we would get it, but still it is a consideration.

I'm minded of all these people they keep interviewing on the news, in economically challenged North East and other areas. Who keep saying they feel betrayed, and will vote Tory, and just want 'get Brexit done'(trumpeting Boris' latest line).

How feckin brainwashed by the Farage spin and Murdoch press are these people? do they not know that this is only phase 1 of Brexit? do they not think that their local Labour MPs have not been speaking to local business, and are trying to protect them economically. What benefit from Brexit are they actually clinging on to?!

Its very very weird.

PS - Watched by chance Piers Morgan on breakfast telly this morning. What an odious, heartless, right wing, and opinionated character he is.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 12:47 - Nov 13 with 1506 viewsbrazil1982

I know you like to trawl the news looking for gloom and doom stories about manufacturing / linking them to Brexit.

However, I would like to remind our readers that, since Brexit was announced 3 years ago, it's not all bad news:

Bombadier won the contract to build the trains for the Cairo Monorail
Chanel are moving their HQ to London
Japanese corporate giant NTT have opened a global HQ in London
Toyota will start building a new hybrid car in the UK next year
Deals worth millions have been signed by Eutelsat to produce satellite components
Boeing opened its first plant in Sheffield this year.
Alexander Dennis are building buses for Berlin.
As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 12:55 - Nov 13 with 1484 viewsStokieBlue

Certainly a factor but Germany has been the frontrunner for a while I believe (not surprising given their other car based industries). I suspect the Independent pushed that question as in TechCrunch his quote is:

“Everyone knows that German engineering is outstanding and that’s part of the reason we’re locating our gigafactory Europe in Germany,” Musk said."

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 13:23 - Nov 13 with 1445 viewsElephantintheRoom

Of course coming out of the EU guarantees the UK (or Great Britain as it will be in two years' time) would not get any major global investment.

Even our membership of the WTO is as a member of the EU - we wont be able to trade on WTO terms unless or until we have agreed that with the WTO - and the UK is unlikely to be accepted IF we have a 'clean break' - ie renege on legally binding deals with the EU.

Even a best case scenario is decade long negotiations to get worse trade deals than we already have and/or a trade deal with USA if this is even possible given their appalling standards in agriculture and myopic attitude to global warming.

Our 'period of uncertainty' is the only negotiation in history where we're trying to force weaker relations with trading partners in far stronger positions. Not enticing - even if you get the huge tax breaks recently given to Toyota to stay a short while longer.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 13:26 - Nov 13 with 1440 viewshampstead_blue

We were never going to get that factory. Brexit isn't the main reason.

Europe has a huge infrastructure for EV's andis way ahead of us. Also they can hire the huge amount of people they will need on mainland Europe. They have also bought a small R&D company in Germany which is going to be rolled into this facility.

Tesla our a client of ours and we had that tip-off a couple of months back.

Just thought I'd remove the Brexit angle.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 13:49 - Nov 13 with 1398 viewsPinewoodblue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 13:23 - Nov 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Of course coming out of the EU guarantees the UK (or Great Britain as it will be in two years' time) would not get any major global investment.

Even our membership of the WTO is as a member of the EU - we wont be able to trade on WTO terms unless or until we have agreed that with the WTO - and the UK is unlikely to be accepted IF we have a 'clean break' - ie renege on legally binding deals with the EU.

Even a best case scenario is decade long negotiations to get worse trade deals than we already have and/or a trade deal with USA if this is even possible given their appalling standards in agriculture and myopic attitude to global warming.

Our 'period of uncertainty' is the only negotiation in history where we're trying to force weaker relations with trading partners in far stronger positions. Not enticing - even if you get the huge tax breaks recently given to Toyota to stay a short while longer.

Yawn

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So when Boris said the UK would become "the home of electric vehicles... on 17:11 - Nov 13 with 1317 viewsunstableblue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 13:26 - Nov 13 by hampstead_blue

Europe has a huge infrastructure for EV's andis way ahead of us. Also they can hire the huge amount of people they will need on mainland Europe. They have also bought a small R&D company in Germany which is going to be rolled into this facility.

.. and battery production" he was fibbing then?

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 17:15 - Nov 13 with 1308 viewsBackToRussia

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 13:49 - Nov 13 by Pinewoodblue

Yawn

Great argument, Einstein.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 17:19 - Nov 13 with 1302 viewsunstableblue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 12:47 - Nov 13 by brazil1982

I know you like to trawl the news looking for gloom and doom stories about manufacturing / linking them to Brexit.

However, I would like to remind our readers that, since Brexit was announced 3 years ago, it's not all bad news:

Deals worth millions have been signed by Eutelsat to produce satellite components

I'm not sure I trawl the news for Brexit doom and gloom... it more Trump outrages.

I appreciate a balanced response with decent facts.

Login to get fewer ads

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 17:33 - Nov 13 with 1289 viewsActionMan

In other news we lost to Colchester last night.
As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 18:38 - Nov 13 with 1239 viewsunstableblue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 17:33 - Nov 13 by ActionMan

In other news we lost to Colchester last night.

Yes..... please read my musings on the game:

Thoughts on last night... Huws proper work out by unstableblue 13 Nov 2019 11:48
It was cold, our fans are frankly ridiculous in their enthusiasm currently, and for those moaning at Lambert there was a mismatch between our rabid (go to anything) support and how seriously our manager is taking the tournament.

I'm still quite glad I went just to assess fringe and youth players.

Both teams were actually fairly up for it. And when Ipswich's pressing, movement and running at defenders (to break up the lines) clicked for 2 x 10mins periods, it was quite entertaining. And we should have turned penalty box pressure into goals. I do think if we'd put 2 or 3 senior players on for the last 20-30mins we'd have walked it.

The goal was a complete fluke, feel sorry for Holy.

So to the team:

- Holy, thought he did well overall through the night, his height helped on a few shot stops, distribution was OK. Shame about the goal and one other error. Feels like he is number 2 now
- Donacien - had a pretty good night; looked solid. Just lacks that fizz in the opposition. Good back-up to KVY, should be on bench. But this lack of games hopefully gives time for KVY to come back for Blackpool game
- Nsiala - too lose and reckless again at times, there is a good player in there somewhere. He is physical. Got in a fracas over someone coming in hard on him
Wilson - looked alongside Huws as the best players on the pitch; great back up / competition for The Wolf and Chambo
Kenlock - probably 3rd best player tonight, still runs like an emu, but did a lot right, again our system/pattern needs runners to break the lines, he did that
Edwards - he wasn't woeful, but he was poor given the standard of opposition, felt this was opportunity for him to shine, he is not a first team player at present in my view
El Mizouni - started brightly, but I am normally very impressed with him, and he wasn't moving off the defenders enough, Huws was frustrated with lack of running/options
McGavin - tidy, covered some ground, popped up in the right places and looks composed, and was comfortable at the level, but for me he didn't 'wrip up enough trees'. One to watch though.
HUWS - fantastic to see one of our most important players NOW fully fit. Game was worthwhile just for his run out. He was covering huge amounts of ground and getting really stuck in physically, definitely over the injury finally. He has a cultured game and can weave out of issues. Shame El Mizouni and Folami couldn't provide him enough options for the positions he got himself in to distribute. I see him alongside Downes in our starting 11 soon.
Georgiou - should have been one of the stand out players, had some passage of play, but overall not enough influence on the game
Folami - a lot of positive noises about him, but I wasn't impressed. Clearly coming back from injury and also service to a single striker against a lump was wrong. BUT there were opportunities for him to run the channels better and be more clinical

I thank you

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 19:41 - Nov 13 with 1190 viewsstonojnr

this being the same Tesla car co that said it would run out of money in approx 4 months from now, the same firm who posted consecutive ~700million dollar losses for two quarters, who admitted this time last year they came with single digit number of weeks of going bust, whose car sales have dropped 31% this year alone, who are carrying at least 10.1billion dollars of debt, who keep sacking 7-10% of their workforce, who financial analysts have likened to the last days of Lehmann bros...I think we should be quite happy they picked Germany, VW can pick them up for pennies when they go bust :)
As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 20:01 - Nov 13 with 1166 viewsSwansea_Blue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 13:26 - Nov 13 by hampstead_blue

My brother in law is in the industry and Brexit has decimated their order book, just to chuck the Brexit angle back in.

As you’re in the know, why has Musk blamed the current political issue if it’s not that? What does he get out of it? I can’t imagine he much cares about our squabbles beyond worrying about the risks to his business. Why lie? I don’t see the need. And I don’t understand why Brexit wouldn’t be considered a threat - especially as the risk of no deal seems bigger than ever.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 20:04 - Nov 13 with 1158 viewsSwansea_Blue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 12:47 - Nov 13 by brazil1982

Yes, things will still happen. Nobody has said that all activity is going to stop, just that it will slow down.

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 20:17 - Nov 13 with 1143 viewsSwansea_Blue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 19:41 - Nov 13 by stonojnr

this being the same Tesla car co that said it would run out of money in approx 4 months from now, the same firm who posted consecutive ~700million dollar losses for two quarters, who admitted this time last year they came with single digit number of weeks of going bust, whose car sales have dropped 31% this year alone, who are carrying at least 10.1billion dollars of debt, who keep sacking 7-10% of their workforce, who financial analysts have likened to the last days of Lehmann bros...I think we should be quite happy they picked Germany, VW can pick them up for pennies when they go bust :)

There’s that as well, although most businesses face similar challenges. Their new model is out now and looks good, so that should see things pick up pretty quickly for them.

But then Musk is a c0ck, so they’re certainly welcome to him as a person.

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 20:21 - Nov 13 with 1132 viewsMVBlue

As Tesla announce Berlin as their Giga factory location... stating Brexit.. on 20:01 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

My brother in law is in the industry and Brexit has decimated their order book, just to chuck the Brexit angle back in.

As you’re in the know, why has Musk blamed the current political issue if it’s not that? What does he get out of it? I can’t imagine he much cares about our squabbles beyond worrying about the risks to his business. Why lie? I don’t see the need. And I don’t understand why Brexit wouldn’t be considered a threat - especially as the risk of no deal seems bigger than ever.

Musk is a renowned straight talker. Although he also says things out of line and without suitable evidence....

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024