Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A&E waiting times hit worst ever... 10:26 - Nov 14 with 9448 viewsElephantintheRoom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50397856

Anyone unlucky enough to need A&E at Addenbrookes recently will be aware of their interesting wheeze to reduce waiting time.... you have to queue outside in the rain to be assessed by a nurse just inside the twirly door. It took me 45 mins to start my wait last month.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:05 - Nov 14 with 1684 viewslowhouseblue

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 17:52 - Nov 14 by LeoMuff

look at the graph posted above, funding dropped off a cliff in the last decade, corresponding to an increase in failing to meet targets, increasing wait times, staff shortages

this is pedantic, and i agree with your essential point, but you can't really say 'funding dropped off a cliff'. funding grew in every single year. and in comparing rates of growth in different periods you need to take account of the different rates of wage growth. a lot of the extra money in the blair years went on salary rises - salary rises didn't happen in the early years of the coalition (which is bad in itself) and meant that more of the increased budget could go on other things.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 18:13]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:12 - Nov 14 with 1669 viewsBloomBlue

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:05 - Nov 14 by lowhouseblue

this is pedantic, and i agree with your essential point, but you can't really say 'funding dropped off a cliff'. funding grew in every single year. and in comparing rates of growth in different periods you need to take account of the different rates of wage growth. a lot of the extra money in the blair years went on salary rises - salary rises didn't happen in the early years of the coalition (which is bad in itself) and meant that more of the increased budget could go on other things.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 18:13]

And Italy and Spain spend less per head on on their health service than the UK but life expectancy in both countries is better than the UK. We should be looking at all options, what are Italy and Spain doing differently that they can spend less and basically getting better results.
A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:20 - Nov 14 with 1662 viewsBlueNomad

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:12 - Nov 14 by BloomBlue

And Italy and Spain spend less per head on on their health service than the UK but life expectancy in both countries is better than the UK. We should be looking at all options, what are Italy and Spain doing differently that they can spend less and basically getting better results.

More elderly people cared for by extended family?
A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:30 - Nov 14 with 1653 viewsTrequartista

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 14:20 - Nov 14 by Pagan_Blue

On being questioned earlier today regarding these latest figures,
Hancock replied : ''These figures show just how important it is that we stop Jeremy Corbyn," the Health Secretary had said. "We are giving the biggest cash boost ever to our NHS, but Corbyn’s chaotic policies will put that at risk."

Clearly Labour's fault again, notwithstanding the fact the tories have been in power for the best part of 10 years.

Hancock really is the worst minister in the cabinet.

A Piers Fletcher-Dervish to Raab's Alan B'Stard. "It's pencil time, Matt"

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:38 - Nov 14 with 1643 viewsbrazil1982

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:20 - Nov 14 by BlueNomad

More elderly people cared for by extended family?

Probably some truth in that, and life style. Maybe we're just a sickly breed?
A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:54 - Nov 14 with 1632 viewsBlueBadger

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 16:55 - Nov 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

The amount of extra beaurocracy involved(a major criticism of the French system, when it comes to sorting out reimbursement/payment) means it's probably cheper admin-wise to put a penny or two in income tax or NI.
But that wouldn't make the government's mates any money.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 22:22 - Nov 14 with 1587 viewsjeera

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 18:38 - Nov 14 by brazil1982

Probably some truth in that, and life style. Maybe we're just a sickly breed?

I reckon [no evidence, mind] there probably is a lot of truth in that.

But look at property prices on mainland Europe, say, France, Spain; you can get a lovely place for a quarter of the price you'd expect to pay here.

It's not unreasonable to guess there may be many households who would be prepared to take on loved ones but simply can't afford to.

If you can barely afford a 2 bedroom house where are you going to put your elderly mum etc?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 22:22]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 22:49 - Nov 14 with 1577 viewsRadlett_blue

I think lifestyles and diets in Southern Europe are much healthier than in the UK.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 23:29 - Nov 14 with 1562 viewsjaykay

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 15:51 - Nov 14 by hampstead_blue

What!!!

I share a great example of NHS care and you do what?
Dear oh dear.

Is good news to much for you?

oh dear oh dear.
i thought you were in intelligence. the thread was about record waiting times. because you had a good speedy outcome doesn't mean all is well. then again several posters have pointed this out to you since your reply

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 23:38 - Nov 14 with 1556 viewsjeera

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 23:29 - Nov 14 by jaykay

oh dear oh dear.
i thought you were in intelligence. the thread was about record waiting times. because you had a good speedy outcome doesn't mean all is well. then again several posters have pointed this out to you since your reply

The 'system' itself is all over the place.

I waited 8 months for an op which resulted in the condition setting in and becoming worse and long-term.

In the meantime of my waiting I was off work and sent for an assessment. Which made no sense at all.

I was found fit for work despite the state I was in and awaiting surgery.

For goodness' sake even the local Job Centre were completely baffled by the whole situation and sent me home because I was doubled up in the chair.

So many crossed wires - such a lack in basic communication.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 06:52 - Nov 15 with 1509 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 23:38 - Nov 14 by jeera

The 'system' itself is all over the place.

I waited 8 months for an op which resulted in the condition setting in and becoming worse and long-term.

In the meantime of my waiting I was off work and sent for an assessment. Which made no sense at all.

I was found fit for work despite the state I was in and awaiting surgery.

For goodness' sake even the local Job Centre were completely baffled by the whole situation and sent me home because I was doubled up in the chair.

So many crossed wires - such a lack in basic communication.

People have no idea...until they are forced to find out....the 'system' has been wilfully broken.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 09:06 - Nov 15 with 1503 viewshampstead_blue

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 16:30 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

I think its more the 'I had a great experience therefore everything's OK' tone you're taking. You had a great experience. Great, carry on. But the reality is that many won't this winter. Including people in a similar boat to yourself who''ll end up getting their procedures cancelled or delayed because of winter pressures.

You've put a poor spin on my words.

I've posted a fantastic experience just to add a touch of balance. That's all.
It's not all doom and gloom and Bristol Southmead are simply awesome.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 09:13 - Nov 15 with 1500 viewschicoazul

Mediterranean cultures look after their own old people and have strong families, much as English people once had. The ongoing attempt to replace the family with the state in this country since the early 70s leads us, in part, to the large societal and healthcare problems we have in this country. Neither main party have any policy intent to change or reverse this and the Maximum Leader will increase its' rate.

None of the above.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 09:14 - Nov 15 with 1497 viewschicoazul

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 22:22 - Nov 14 by jeera

I reckon [no evidence, mind] there probably is a lot of truth in that.

But look at property prices on mainland Europe, say, France, Spain; you can get a lovely place for a quarter of the price you'd expect to pay here.

It's not unreasonable to guess there may be many households who would be prepared to take on loved ones but simply can't afford to.

If you can barely afford a 2 bedroom house where are you going to put your elderly mum etc?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 22:22]

An excellent point well made.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 10:06 - Nov 15 with 1483 viewshampstead_blue

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 09:13 - Nov 15 by chicoazul

Mediterranean cultures look after their own old people and have strong families, much as English people once had. The ongoing attempt to replace the family with the state in this country since the early 70s leads us, in part, to the large societal and healthcare problems we have in this country. Neither main party have any policy intent to change or reverse this and the Maximum Leader will increase its' rate.

None of the above.

It's also a lot warmer in the Med.
No cold snap to break some hips and cause mayhem with the old folks.
I also think they have more land so having the 'olds' in a slamm place next to the main gaff is probably easier.
Their diet is also better I think, more wine, veg, and fresh food.

Lots of reasons.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 11:36 - Nov 15 with 1466 viewsBrixtonBlue

A&E waiting times hit worst ever... on 09:06 - Nov 15 by hampstead_blue

You've put a poor spin on my words.

I've posted a fantastic experience just to add a touch of balance. That's all.
It's not all doom and gloom and Bristol Southmead are simply awesome.

No. This thread was originally about A&E waiting times - you added something that was nothing to do with A&E because your beloved Tories were being shown in a bad light, you couldn't balance it with an actual A&E story, so you went with the best you could.

You are desperate to defend anything this terrible government does or has done.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024