Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad needs new faces in January 13:57 - Nov 14 with 4535 viewscarlisleaway

After watching the past 2 games against Lincoln and Colchester, I can see PL maybe worried about the strength of our squad in many areas. Possibly full backs and definitely a striker, if we lose Jackson or Norwood with a serious injury we have no one of quality or goal scoring ability to replace them. Three good central defenders bit I am afraid Toto is likely to give away a stupid foul or penalty. If ME is serious about going straight back money should not be an option.
Squad needs new faces in January on 13:57 - Nov 14 with 4099 viewsStokieBlue

It's a poor effort but you'll get some bites.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Squad needs new faces in January on 13:57 - Nov 14 with 4093 viewsartsbossbeard

Crivens.

We'll run out of squad numbers soon.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Squad needs new faces in January on 13:59 - Nov 14 with 4084 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think we need a winger more than anything. If we are going to play 442.

Edwards hasn't been great, Rowe has been alright, but is he having a huge impact? Judge has definitely improved and I would still like to see him in his proper position. Garbutt played well there but he is playing left back more. I want to get a winger who has more of an impact on games.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Squad needs new faces in January on 14:25 - Nov 14 with 4016 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A good manager should not be worried about this squad.

We are in League 1, we cant expect two first team standard players for each position.

We have Keane, and will have Sears back soon, so we will have options up front.

I agree that we dont have a direct replacement for Norwood, but thats an unlikely luxury at this level.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Squad needs new faces in January on 14:46 - Nov 14 with 3964 viewsBlueBadger

Squad needs new faces in January on 14:25 - Nov 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

We are in League 1, we cant expect two first team standard players for each position.

I agree that we dont have a direct replacement for Norwood, but thats an unlikely luxury at this level.

So, we should be worried because Paul Lambert is our manager?

*walks away whistling*
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 14:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Squad needs new faces in January on 15:09 - Nov 14 with 3933 viewsWestcountryblue

Squad needs new faces in January on 13:57 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

SB

It's a valid argument.

So far this season, i wouldn't say that we've really played anybody off the park, rather, we've relied Jackson and Norwood being better at sticking the ball in the back of the net than the opposition.

Cover/competition at RB and in forward positions would probably represent money well spent.
Squad needs new faces in January on 15:10 - Nov 14 with 3927 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad needs new faces in January on 15:09 - Nov 14 by Westcountryblue

It's a valid argument.

So far this season, i wouldn't say that we've really played anybody off the park, rather, we've relied Jackson and Norwood being better at sticking the ball in the back of the net than the opposition.

Cover/competition at RB and in forward positions would probably represent money well spent.

We've not played anyone off the park, yet sit top, 5 points ahead of 3rd with 2 games in hand?

Can't please everybody.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:27 - Nov 14 with 3807 viewsPilgrimblue

Squad needs new faces in January on 14:25 - Nov 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed, so hoping that Keane gets his shooting boots soon and Freddie provides cover before Xmas.
My only concern is left CB as we lack balance. Most other positions look well catered for esp at this level. Can see a few going out on loan with call-backs
Login to get fewer ads

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:28 - Nov 14 with 3800 viewsStokieBlue

It's a valid argument.

We already have a massive squad and using the last two games to justify his point is bizarre.

SB

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:31 - Nov 14 with 3786 viewschicoazul

Squad needs new faces in January on 13:57 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

SB

We do need a striker though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:36 - Nov 14 with 3778 viewsStokieBlue

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:31 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

We do need a striker though.

Sears?

Who you going to leave out? We have Norwood, Jackson and Keane. Going to be hard to get someone of equal quality on the off chance they will play if there is an injury.

SB

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:37 - Nov 14 with 3775 viewschicoazul

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:27 - Nov 14 by Pilgrimblue

Agreed, so hoping that Keane gets his shooting boots soon and Freddie provides cover before Xmas.
My only concern is left CB as we lack balance. Most other positions look well catered for esp at this level. Can see a few going out on loan with call-backs

Sears is "months" away as of last week. We wont see him until Feb time I reckon.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:40 - Nov 14 with 3757 viewschicoazul

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:36 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

Sears?

Who you going to leave out? We have Norwood, Jackson and Keane. Going to be hard to get someone of equal quality on the off chance they will play if there is an injury.

SB

Sears, according to the staff last week I think it was, is "months" away. I think it's the same for Lankester too. Keane is good but a crock and I don't think it's unreasonable to think he is going to turn out to be very bad value. I like Jackson and Norwood but injuries and suspensions will bite soon and they already have a bit for Norwood, so we need someone else. We may already have them of course as Folami played the other night.

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:41 - Nov 14 with 3761 viewsStokieBlue

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:37 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

Sears is "months" away as of last week. We wont see him until Feb time I reckon.

We can't buy anyone until January so it's only a few weeks. I would think Folami could fill in if we got 2 injuries.

I could see us getting a LB but unless a lot leave our squad is already massive.

SB

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:43 - Nov 14 with 3749 viewsjaykay

i think we need more whingers in the team

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:47 - Nov 14 with 3731 viewschicoazul

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:41 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

We can't buy anyone until January so it's only a few weeks. I would think Folami could fill in if we got 2 injuries.

I could see us getting a LB but unless a lot leave our squad is already massive.

SB

Who cares about how big the squad is? If we need someone, we need them.

EDIT; and you have to remember a) our history at rehabbing players which leads to b) Lambert's kid gloves approach with them and c) the fact Sears is 30+ and coming back from a very debilitating injury & his game is based on work rate speed and movement, all of which could be hampered by his injury physically and psychologically.

If we are in a position in the top 2 in Jan still then that's the absolute best time to reinforce the squad with someone who can perhaps nab us half a dozen or so goals before the end of the season.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 16:49]

Squad needs new faces in January on 18:19 - Nov 14 with 3586 viewsmonty_radio

Sears?

SB

Only one of those can head a ball and even he isn't exactly dominant in the air - fine, if you play intricate build-up on the deck. But we don't, do we? Had Mick still been here many would have been the cries of "hoof" in recent games.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Squad needs new faces in January on 18:30 - Nov 14 with 3558 viewsWestcountryblue

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:28 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

We already have a massive squad and using the last two games to justify his point is bizarre.

SB

In certain areas of the pitch, we are well stocked. However, an injury to Jackson or Norwood would probably dictate a change in formation or a reliance on Will Keane who still isn't fit. Freddie Sears hasn't played football in a long time and obviously hasn't had any form of a preseason. To expect him to play on wet, heavy pitches in the cut and thrust of league one and make an immediate impact is unrealistic. A loan striker would be a good purchase, if just for cover and allow our senior players to regain fitness. Donacien out and better cover at RB would be a good idea too.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 23:08]
Squad needs new faces in January on 04:33 - Nov 16 with 3176 viewsharlingblue

I don't think that there will be any new faces in January, but perhaps some players will move on?
I think that the fact that Ben Falami is coming back to match fitness, and being a part of the 1st team squad is a big bonus, that lad has talent.
Plus the fact that the real 1st team doesnt seem to play many matches nowadays, despite being top of the league, perhaps waiting for more players to return from injury, while PL sorts out a true formation/team selection, and allow a few fringe players to help our U23 team to progress?
We have the team already, but imho, the real 1st team should play League and FA Cup games, the fringe players plus the best U23 players in the lesser Cup games.
Squad needs new faces in January on 10:45 - Nov 16 with 3002 viewsMullet

Squad needs new faces in January on 18:19 - Nov 14 by monty_radio

Only one of those can head a ball and even he isn't exactly dominant in the air - fine, if you play intricate build-up on the deck. But we don't, do we? Had Mick still been here many would have been the cries of "hoof" in recent games.

Had Mick still been here we'd be in the Championship. We're miles away from that point and yet far too good for this league depending on who you believe.

The summer will be the time to worry about squad churn, we are going to need several ins and outs to sort things if we go up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Squad needs new faces in January on 11:25 - Nov 16 with 2959 viewsBigManBlue

I'd like a big target man and maybe a left back. But realistically I think that shipping out those who don't have a future will be the priority.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Squad needs new faces in January on 19:55 - Nov 16 with 2813 viewsActionMan

It's a valid argument.

We're not good enough to play anyone off the park.
Squad needs new faces in January on 20:46 - Nov 16 with 2783 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think we'll likely sign Ward. That would provide cover and competition in a number of areas. Honestly i'd be happy.to welcome him back. Still a young player with talent who just needs to add consistency. I think he would also be better suited to Lambert.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Squad needs new faces in January on 10:54 - Nov 17 with 2651 viewssundaze

Squad needs new faces in January on 16:47 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

Who cares about how big the squad is? If we need someone, we need them.

EDIT; and you have to remember a) our history at rehabbing players which leads to b) Lambert's kid gloves approach with them and c) the fact Sears is 30+ and coming back from a very debilitating injury & his game is based on work rate speed and movement, all of which could be hampered by his injury physically and psychologically.

If we are in a position in the top 2 in Jan still then that's the absolute best time to reinforce the squad with someone who can perhaps nab us half a dozen or so goals before the end of the season.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 16:49]

Interesting listening to Keiron Dyer yesterday on Life's a pitch, he was saying our squad of 28 players is far too big and if or when we go out of the cup competitions, Lambert will have problems keeping everyone happy if they are not getting game time.
We can't just add players to the squad in January without offloading a few, especially if Sears and Bishop come into the reckoning.
Squad needs new faces in January on 11:11 - Nov 17 with 2635 viewskozmik

Sears?

SB

Norwood will be suspended for 5 bookings soon

Supporter since 1965

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024