Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing Joe Gomez..... 07:41 - Nov 15 with 1522 viewsPippin1970

Says a lot about some of the fans. It's a international game not a club game.
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:01 - Nov 15 with 1482 viewsWD19

It’s properly weird. How many Manchester City fans would have been there anyway!?
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:23 - Nov 15 with 1462 viewsPendejo

The overall situation is weird. I have been busy at work prepping for Donald's visit, so haven't had much internet time... Surely in a situation such as this both parties go away unless RS launched a completely unprovoked attack on JG.

Given RS is from Wembley area and is an English player that is on form I think it was naive of GS to drop him and compound it by giving JG a run out.

Can't honestly say I know why JG was booed, but I bet i have come close with this theory.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:41 - Nov 15 with 1442 viewsSitfcB

He shouldn’t have been in the squad either IMO.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:49 - Nov 15 with 1430 viewsGuthrum

Particularly odd given Sterling was applauding him onto the pitch.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:59 - Nov 15 with 1416 viewsm14_blue

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:41 - Nov 15 by SitfcB

He shouldn’t have been in the squad either IMO.

Why not?

There’s no suggestion he did anything wrong.
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 09:25 - Nov 15 with 1375 viewsSamWhiteUK

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:01 - Nov 15 by WD19

It’s properly weird. How many Manchester City fans would have been there anyway!?

Most City fans probably live very local to Wembley
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 09:26 - Nov 15 with 1373 viewsSamWhiteUK

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:49 - Nov 15 by Guthrum

Particularly odd given Sterling was applauding him onto the pitch.

He had no choice but to clap
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 09:30 - Nov 15 with 1365 viewsSarge

I thought I heard that last night but assumed that surely I was hearing things. Obviously not.

Some absolute troglodytes in the England fan base clearly.
Login to get fewer ads

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 09:37 - Nov 15 with 1349 viewsRadlett_blue

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 09:30 - Nov 15 by Sarge

I thought I heard that last night but assumed that surely I was hearing things. Obviously not.

Some absolute troglodytes in the England fan base clearly.

There has been sporadic booing of England players over the years e.g. John Barnes, plus Man U fans booing Liverpool players and vice versa. Yes, says a lot about some of the people who attend international games, but you get far worse at many football matches.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Booing Joe Gomez..... (n/t) on 11:11 - Nov 15 with 1301 viewspeterleeblue

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 09:37 - Nov 15 by Radlett_blue

There has been sporadic booing of England players over the years e.g. John Barnes, plus Man U fans booing Liverpool players and vice versa. Yes, says a lot about some of the people who attend international games, but you get far worse at many football matches.

[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 7:40]
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 11:42 - Nov 15 with 1270 viewsFtnfwest

Notable that in the media things have gone full circle now and they're all petrified of criticising Sterling at all for anything for obvious reasons. All of that has now rubbed off on a few of these idiots who boo anyone that they perceive is against Sterling.
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 16:26 - Nov 15 with 1147 viewsstrikalite

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 08:59 - Nov 15 by m14_blue

Why not?

There’s no suggestion he did anything wrong.

He must have provoked Sterling in some way, he wouldn't just have a go at him for no reason..
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 18:09 - Nov 15 with 1108 viewsPippin1970

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 16:26 - Nov 15 by strikalite

He must have provoked Sterling in some way, he wouldn't just have a go at him for no reason..

Be banter and Sterling probably took it wrong way. Theres going to be fierce rivalry between players especially if you going for the title. The good thing is that they all mix together which hasn't happened in the past.
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 18:27 - Nov 15 with 1087 viewsstrikalite

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 18:09 - Nov 15 by Pippin1970

Be banter and Sterling probably took it wrong way. Theres going to be fierce rivalry between players especially if you going for the title. The good thing is that they all mix together which hasn't happened in the past.

Probably yeah, maybe pushed him too far who knows, but at least it shows Sterling cares, a lot of us fans think players don't and it's simply about what they earn..
Booing Joe Gomez..... on 18:31 - Nov 15 with 1085 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What I don't get is that Southgate presumably knows what happened and consulted the senior staff before deciding what to do … and yet all the people who know nothing of what actually happened seem to know whether the conclusion Southgate came to was right or wrong (even while speculating "it was probably just bantz").

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 21:19 - Nov 15 with 1010 viewsBlueastheycome

Booing Joe Gomez..... on 18:31 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

What I don't get is that Southgate presumably knows what happened and consulted the senior staff before deciding what to do … and yet all the people who know nothing of what actually happened seem to know whether the conclusion Southgate came to was right or wrong (even while speculating "it was probably just bantz").

This x100
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024