Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do JC and JM think they know better? 13:14 - Nov 15 with 7459 viewshampstead_blue

This morning JM stated that they wouldn't pay market salaries at British Broadband but would pay 'fair wages to all'.

If we take that across everything else they want to nationalise it is safe to assume that these firms aren't going to be run by the best but by JC/JM supporters.

Why so they think they know better than industry?
It's incredibly patronising and a real race to the bottom. I am not saying industry gets it right all the time and I am for sure not supporting bloated pay, but JM is taking it to a different level....very low.

Back to the 70's. Unions controlling industry, 4 day week due to spiralling taxes and zero demand, rubbish piling up everywhere.

If JM and JC where that good at running a country they would have gone into business.

Utterly clueless and taking us into a dark place.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:17 - Nov 15 with 4281 viewsJ2BLUE

They are increasingly desperate and making promises because they have no chance. I assume the plan is endless bribery then if by some miracle they win, they'll worry about delivering on it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:18 - Nov 15 with 4267 viewslowhouseblue

i'm sure len mccluskey will be very good at running a broadband company.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:20 - Nov 15 with 4259 viewsBrightonBlue

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:17 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

They are increasingly desperate and making promises because they have no chance. I assume the plan is endless bribery then if by some miracle they win, they'll worry about delivering on it.

If they win......

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Awful, truly awful dark place.
Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:21 - Nov 15 with 4255 viewsbaxterbasics

It's the old 'government knows best' approach.

Most of the time, they do not. Regardless of which party is in charge.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:21 - Nov 15 with 4250 viewsMeadowlark

Where have I heard that plan before? Ah yes.....
Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:21 - Nov 15 with 4243 viewsBackToRussia

You've swung back to being junior Benters then I see. You're like a wind sock.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:28 - Nov 15 with 4204 viewsBlueBadger

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:21 - Nov 15 by baxterbasics

It's the old 'government knows best' approach.

Most of the time, they do not. Regardless of which party is in charge.

Trouble is, by and large, government knows a damn sight more than the Efficient Private Sector.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:30 - Nov 15 with 4185 viewsJ2BLUE

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:21 - Nov 15 by BackToRussia

You've swung back to being junior Benters then I see. You're like a wind sock.

How so? Which bit is wrong? I've asked people to give me reasons to vote Labour. The only response I get is they aren't the Tories. A punch in the face isn't a kick in the balls but I wouldn't vote for that either.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:34 - Nov 15 with 4175 viewsBackToRussia

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:30 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

How so? Which bit is wrong? I've asked people to give me reasons to vote Labour. The only response I get is they aren't the Tories. A punch in the face isn't a kick in the balls but I wouldn't vote for that either.

You either want what Labour is pushing or you don't. Whether you think they'll deliver everything or not is moot. When was the last time a party delivered on 100 percent of their manifesto? I'll save you the trouble, it's never. But it is clear they plan to increase taxation, government spending, especially in key areas like the NHS and education.

There is simply no other party offering this aside from the greens, who are a waste of a vote.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:35 - Nov 15 with 4167 viewsjeera

"it is safe to assume that these firms aren't going to be run by the best but by JC/JM supporters."

You've laid down your own premise there.

Yes, they will no doubt be running all those specific business themselves and sacking all the tech staff who know what they're doing.

There is plenty to concern yourself with without making stuff up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:36 - Nov 15 with 4162 viewshampstead_blue

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:28 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, by and large, government knows a damn sight more than the Efficient Private Sector.

So who in Government can run water, broadband, and everything else they want to control?

They've said they are not going to pay the market wage so that rules out most of the execs.

The only thing they can do is run it into the ground.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:36 - Nov 15 with 4150 viewsJ2BLUE

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:34 - Nov 15 by BackToRussia

You either want what Labour is pushing or you don't. Whether you think they'll deliver everything or not is moot. When was the last time a party delivered on 100 percent of their manifesto? I'll save you the trouble, it's never. But it is clear they plan to increase taxation, government spending, especially in key areas like the NHS and education.

There is simply no other party offering this aside from the greens, who are a waste of a vote.

But lying to get a certain political result is wrong right? Or is that only when the result goes the wrong way?

Truly impaired.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:39 - Nov 15 with 4142 viewsDanTheMan

Whilst I'm not sure it's a great idea, having national infrastructure at the very least run by the Government doesn't seem like an inherently bad thing. Especially as there is very little in the way of competition, and even if there is there is no actual reason for companies like BT or Virgin to actually offer decent products to those in hard to reach areas.

Same arguments for me as trains, if there is a natural monopoly for these things, I don't see what benefit capitalism offers.

And it's not like BT and everyone have been very speedy in regards to building infrastructure. We are incredibly behind a lot of people.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:40 - Nov 15 with 4125 viewsDarth_Koont

Unlike the government that is actually, as we speak, and provably taking us into a dark place?

The cognitive dissonance is gobsmacking.

Pronouns: He/Him

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:42 - Nov 15 with 4108 viewsBlueBadger

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:36 - Nov 15 by hampstead_blue

So who in Government can run water, broadband, and everything else they want to control?

They've said they are not going to pay the market wage so that rules out most of the execs.

The only thing they can do is run it into the ground.

All our utilities ARE run by government now. It's just that they're foreign ones.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 13:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:43 - Nov 15 with 4099 viewsStokieBlue

This is purely hypothetical:

Out of interest, if Labour got in and then decided that farms would be more efficient if they were nationalised and centrally run and offered you a price they thought was fine but below market rate and gave you bonds rather than cash and no recourse to say no what would you think?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:45 - Nov 15 with 4085 viewsBackToRussia

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:36 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

But lying to get a certain political result is wrong right? Or is that only when the result goes the wrong way?

It's not a lie is it, it's just reality. Government is complex, in the end everything might not be possible, and some of their policies will take decades to implement. But it's clear which way the wind is blowing.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:46 - Nov 15 with 4079 viewsBlueBadger

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:35 - Nov 15 by jeera

"it is safe to assume that these firms aren't going to be run by the best but by JC/JM supporters."

You've laid down your own premise there.

Yes, they will no doubt be running all those specific business themselves and sacking all the tech staff who know what they're doing.

There is plenty to concern yourself with without making stuff up.

I really don't understand some of these right wing types. They whine about everyone else being over sensitive and then spend half their lives making sh1t up to get upset over.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:48 - Nov 15 with 4054 viewsJ2BLUE

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:45 - Nov 15 by BackToRussia

It's not a lie is it, it's just reality. Government is complex, in the end everything might not be possible, and some of their policies will take decades to implement. But it's clear which way the wind is blowing.

You agree though that their intention should be to do everything in their manifesto in the timescale they make clear in advance? I will wait for the manifesto with interest.

This is also just one of my concerns. I listed the rest earlier. No reply from Dolly (not suggesting he's ducking the question, he might be busy at work) and Darth replied saying they were the only alternative to the Tories. I get that.

Truly impaired.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:54 - Nov 15 with 4017 viewsDarth_Koont

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:48 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

You agree though that their intention should be to do everything in their manifesto in the timescale they make clear in advance? I will wait for the manifesto with interest.

This is also just one of my concerns. I listed the rest earlier. No reply from Dolly (not suggesting he's ducking the question, he might be busy at work) and Darth replied saying they were the only alternative to the Tories. I get that.

It wasn't just that. I'm asking why a theoretical and frequently exaggerated Labour "future" is being so easily equated with the real, proven record and undoubted Brexit direction of the Tory government.

Pronouns: He/Him

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:54 - Nov 15 with 4017 viewshampstead_blue

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:42 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

All our utilities ARE run by government now. It's just that they're foreign ones.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 13:46]

Not quite.

The shares are owned by sovereign wealth funds but run by industry experts.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:58 - Nov 15 with 3991 viewsjaykay

as a wise man once said you hate the labour party we get it.
oh no it was you hate the tories we get it

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 14:00 - Nov 15 with 3976 viewsStokieBlue

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:54 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

It wasn't just that. I'm asking why a theoretical and frequently exaggerated Labour "future" is being so easily equated with the real, proven record and undoubted Brexit direction of the Tory government.

Edit: Seems some analysts think it won't contradict EU state aid laws (although it's hard to see how it isn't unfair competition given it will be free but I am not an expert).

More info here:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/nov/15/how-feasible-is-labour-free-broadb

SB
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 14:06]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 14:00 - Nov 15 with 3971 viewshampstead_blue

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 13:46 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

I really don't understand some of these right wing types. They whine about everyone else being over sensitive and then spend half their lives making sh1t up to get upset over.

Am I a 'right wing type?

Just for clarity, I'm a tory but on the left of the party.

Why do JC and JM think they know better? on 14:00 - Nov 15 with 3968 viewsVaughan8

You can offer what you want but most of it is unrealistic.

Increase Tax on business - yay!
Use additional funds for Education and NHS - Yay!

In reality it isn't that simple is it?

Also they want to renegotiate Brexit which is going to cost us even more money.

Both parties are as bad and as useless as each other. They are just both saying vote for us cos we aren't the other one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024