Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop 07:57 - Nov 16 with 3899 viewsPositivelyPortman

Is he still gaining fitness, or what?
I can’t even remember what his injury was/is anymore.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bishop on 08:44 - Nov 16 with 3832 viewsBarneycurley

"If we could get Bishop back for the end of the season it would be like a new signing for us"

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Bishop on 09:04 - Nov 16 with 3795 viewshampstead_blue

Bishop on 08:44 - Nov 16 by Barneycurley

"If we could get Bishop back for the end of the season it would be like a new signing for us"

Poor lad.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Bishop on 09:10 - Nov 16 with 3778 viewsGarv

Considering he and Lankester were supposedly going to be our brightest prospects we've done pretty well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bishop on 09:25 - Nov 16 with 3747 viewspatrickswell

Wasn’t the injury diagnosed as “only” being 3 months out as well?

Poor Teddy - Armando Dobra’s progress could see him on his way at the end of the season, I reckon.
Bishop on 10:22 - Nov 16 with 3650 viewsGarv

Bishop on 09:25 - Nov 16 by patrickswell

Poor Teddy - Armando Dobra’s progress could see him on his way at the end of the season, I reckon.

Different players though, and Bishop had a new deal in the summer didn't he?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bishop on 10:28 - Nov 16 with 3642 viewsSuperblue95

Bishop on 09:25 - Nov 16 by patrickswell

3 months seems to become a year so quickly for Bishop. It’s a shame but people really should stop expecting him to make any meaningful contribution to our seasons

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bishop on 10:37 - Nov 16 with 3624 viewsTractorWood

He's due 4 appearances this year isn't he?

14/15: 33
15/16: 4
16/17: 19
17:18: 4
18/19: 18

One goal in this period. These are facts.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 10:37]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bishop on 14:31 - Nov 16 with 3455 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Bishop on 10:28 - Nov 16 by Superblue95

3 months seems to become a year so quickly for Bishop. It’s a shame but people really should stop expecting him to make any meaningful contribution to our seasons

Eh? He's been out 3 1/2 months and he has recovered i.e. he's back training. He was due to start doing ball work around now wasn't he? So does anyone know that he's not on track? Lambert said he was doing well last injury. When has it ever been 3 months and straight back in team. He'll go ball, work, some u23 action mid Dec. Back Jan....fingers crossed.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop on 14:58 - Nov 16 with 3421 viewsSuperblue95

Bishop on 14:31 - Nov 16 by Terry_Nutkins

Eh? He's been out 3 1/2 months and he has recovered i.e. he's back training. He was due to start doing ball work around now wasn't he? So does anyone know that he's not on track? Lambert said he was doing well last injury. When has it ever been 3 months and straight back in team. He'll go ball, work, some u23 action mid Dec. Back Jan....fingers crossed.

I could be wrong as I have no stats to back up what I’m saying but it just often seems like he takes a lot longer to get over injuries than initially stated and he seems to play very few games every year

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bishop on 16:46 - Nov 16 with 3339 viewsmonty_radio

Until the likes of Bishop, Sears, Lankester, Huws, Keane put together an unbroken run of first team outings, we have to proceed on the basis that we haven't got them. Using such a basis, we need a significant striker in the window.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bishop on 17:03 - Nov 16 with 3317 viewspatrickswell

Bishop on 16:46 - Nov 16 by monty_radio

Until the likes of Bishop, Sears, Lankester, Huws, Keane put together an unbroken run of first team outings, we have to proceed on the basis that we haven't got them. Using such a basis, we need a significant striker in the window.

In fairness to Sears, this is the first serious injury he has had. I have a feeling, given this is Marcus Evans’s club, that Sears will be the new striker by the new year.
Bishop on 17:14 - Nov 16 with 3295 viewsmonty_radio

Bishop on 17:03 - Nov 16 by patrickswell

In fairness to Sears, this is the first serious injury he has had. I have a feeling, given this is Marcus Evans’s club, that Sears will be the new striker by the new year.

There was no slight intended, rather just a statement that reflects how often we have bemoaned what we would have been like if so-and-so had been back. Our retread business has a poor turnaround record. Best to ignore them as far as picking our dream team goes until they are really and truly in contention.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bishop on 18:11 - Nov 16 with 3217 viewsTractorWood

Agree. But harsh on Sears though.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bishop on 18:45 - Nov 16 with 3180 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Hasn't huws already passed this? He's been available all season, played 12 times and just done back to back 90s 4 days.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Bishop on 20:09 - Nov 16 with 3107 viewsMeadowlark

Bishop on 10:37 - Nov 16 by TractorWood

Away at Bournemouth! Nice goal. Side foot "pass" into the net.
I remember thinking "what a player!"
Bishop on 20:11 - Nov 16 with 3100 viewsTractorCam

He went off against Dusseldorf, can't remember what the injury was but they gave him about 3 months (October).

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bishop on 12:16 - Nov 17 with 2829 viewssundaze

When you say " a significant striker" does this mean a striker expecting to play week in, week out? Or someone like Keane, who is a back up to our regular strike force?
No chance of Town getting a decent striker in January, they will be at a premium, their only chance is to wait until the summer and hope to find a decent striker who will be out of contract.
There will be a number of championship clubs in January, willing to out bid each other and pay over the odds for a striker to turn their season around, it will be interesting to see if Peterborough keep hold of their top two, but they won't go cheaply.
Bishop on 13:55 - Nov 17 with 2742 viewsbraveblue

Bishop on 10:37 - Nov 16 by TractorWood

Wonder how many were 90 minutes. Very few I suspect.
Bishop on 14:20 - Nov 17 with 2723 viewsitfcjoe

Hasn't been much said but should be around about now in reality - he is obviously still a way off though which not good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop on 22:41 - Nov 17 with 2558 viewsWestcountryblue

Bishop on 14:20 - Nov 17 by itfcjoe

Hasn't been much said but should be around about now in reality - he is obviously still a way off though which not good

I think Jim Henry said he was due at on the grass in a couple weeks time at the start of November. Should be back mid December in terms of first team involvement.
Bishop on 11:35 - Nov 18 with 2336 viewsITFC_Forever

Bishop on 12:16 - Nov 17 by sundaze

When you say " a significant striker" does this mean a striker expecting to play week in, week out? Or someone like Keane, who is a back up to our regular strike force?
No chance of Town getting a decent striker in January, they will be at a premium, their only chance is to wait until the summer and hope to find a decent striker who will be out of contract.
There will be a number of championship clubs in January, willing to out bid each other and pay over the odds for a striker to turn their season around, it will be interesting to see if Peterborough keep hold of their top two, but they won't go cheaply.

Toney was linked with £13m bids last week.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bishop on 11:38 - Nov 18 with 2330 viewsStokieBlue

You mean a reserve strike not a significant striker surely?

Or are you planning on dropping one of Norwood or Jackson?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bishop on 14:59 - Nov 18 with 2157 viewsAlexGreen

Bishop on 22:41 - Nov 17 by Westcountryblue

I think Jim Henry said he was due at on the grass in a couple weeks time at the start of November. Should be back mid December in terms of first team involvement.

I fear he won't be anywhere near the first team in December, but I really hope I'm wrong
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 15:00]

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024