Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cinnamon, Gerry 10:17 - Nov 18 with 1327 viewsartsbossbeard

Spoken to 2 people who went separately to his London gig at the weekend and both have said that it's the best gig they've ever been too. Crowd absolutely buzzing and bouncing before he came on and the support act, The Lathums, were fantastic too.

Me, I just don't get it - maybe I'll need to go and see him. Anyone else go and can confirm the adoration?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cinnamon, Gerry on 12:12 - Nov 18 with 1231 viewsunstableblue

I went to see him in the John Peel Tent (massive) at Glastonbury this year.

It was absolutely boiling in there, but it was a real experience of mad energy.

He basically attracted a young crowd of scousers, scots and irish... and the football laddish element (which is a minority at Glastonbury).... all probably medium to large caners.

The build up was mental, smoke grenades, mass chanting.... and the it just kicked-off for 40mins. Like a sauna / steam room raucous rave

I really enjoyed it... but he simply is not someone who's album you're going to listen to over and over again.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Cinnamon, Gerry on 12:38 - Nov 18 with 1189 viewsvilanovablue

Cinnamon, Gerry on 12:12 - Nov 18 by unstableblue

I went to see him in the John Peel Tent (massive) at Glastonbury this year.

It was absolutely boiling in there, but it was a real experience of mad energy.

He basically attracted a young crowd of scousers, scots and irish... and the football laddish element (which is a minority at Glastonbury).... all probably medium to large caners.

The build up was mental, smoke grenades, mass chanting.... and the it just kicked-off for 40mins. Like a sauna / steam room raucous rave

I really enjoyed it... but he simply is not someone who's album you're going to listen to over and over again.

I find him really enjoyable. Haven't seem him live but would love to do so.
Cinnamon, Gerry on 12:44 - Nov 18 with 1170 viewsDubtractor

Nope. Not for me at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cinnamon, Gerry on 12:52 - Nov 18 with 1159 viewsWeirdFishes

I saw him support Courteeners in Birmingham around this time last year. He puts on a good show but a lot of me thinks it’s only because the crowd hype him up so much.

He’s got some decent songs and I’d certainly see him again, not sure if I’d actually pay to go to his gig though.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Cinnamon, Gerry on 17:22 - Nov 18 with 1016 viewsMullet

A few mates from the gym who are a bit younger and from places like Wigan seem to love him.

I'm still convinced he's a parody act.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cinnamon, Gerry on 17:51 - Nov 18 with 993 viewsJakeITFC

I’ve seen him four times in the last year (including twice last week) and as you’d expect I quite like him.

The music is massively elevated live and it’s as much being part of an absolutely mental crowd as anything else that makes it.

I saw him in Dublin earlier this year and it remains the most bananas gig I’ve ever been to, so much fun.
Cinnamon, Gerry on 17:58 - Nov 18 with 984 viewsclive_baker

I liked that Sometimes song he had out last year but like a lot of songs it was overplayed to sh!t when it came out and happened to be at a time I was listening to a lot of radio as I was travelling around the UK a lot for work. He's OK, don't think he's anything special personally. Sam Fender is of a similar ilk and much better IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cinnamon, Gerry on 18:07 - Nov 18 with 970 viewstomo

Cinnamon, Gerry on 17:51 - Nov 18 by JakeITFC

I’ve seen him four times in the last year (including twice last week) and as you’d expect I quite like him.

The music is massively elevated live and it’s as much being part of an absolutely mental crowd as anything else that makes it.

I saw him in Dublin earlier this year and it remains the most bananas gig I’ve ever been to, so much fun.

Three times this year for me including Thursday at Brixton. Good catchy tunes, relatable lyrics which remind of the early Arctic Monkeys and Streets stuff and always a mad crowd, what’s not to like!

Off to see LG in Dublin on Sunday curious to see if he has still got it.
Login to get fewer ads

Cinnamon, Gerry on 18:36 - Nov 18 with 947 viewsJakeITFC

Cinnamon, Gerry on 18:07 - Nov 18 by tomo

Three times this year for me including Thursday at Brixton. Good catchy tunes, relatable lyrics which remind of the early Arctic Monkeys and Streets stuff and always a mad crowd, what’s not to like!

Off to see LG in Dublin on Sunday curious to see if he has still got it.

Yeah wicked, streets and arctic monkeys favourites of mine too.

Also off to see Liam this week (in Liverpool), are you sure you’re not just copying me?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024