Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goa Advice 11:17 - Nov 18 with 1562 viewsKTBlue

Thinking of going to Goa for a week or so in Jan. Anyone got any advice on best places? Middle aged couple so just looking for nice beach, and a few bars and restaurants etc.

Cheers
Goa Advice on 11:22 - Nov 18 with 1548 viewswitchdoctor

spent a bit of time in Goa a while back...preferred the South and Palomen in particular..ticks all your boxes...😎
Goa Advice on 11:51 - Nov 18 with 1513 viewsKTBlue

Goa Advice on 11:22 - Nov 18 by witchdoctor

spent a bit of time in Goa a while back...preferred the South and Palomen in particular..ticks all your boxes...😎

excellent, cheers for that. No direct flights from Uk are there, so transfer from Delhi or Mumbai?
Goa Advice on 12:15 - Nov 18 with 1481 viewsWD19

"I took my wife on a beach holiday to India once"

"Goa?"

"Mind your own business"

etc etc....
Goa Advice on 13:18 - Nov 18 with 1444 viewsthecheek

Palolem is probably the best all round bet - loads of bars/restaurants and a decent beach with loads going on although does get a bit busy

Goa is small though so I'd seriously consider staying in a couple of places for a few days each if time allows as each beach resort has its own different vibe.

Last time we did Palolem and Ashwem which is more chilled out and is a good base for doing a day trip to Arambol beach which is more of a hippy hangout..
Goa Advice on 14:18 - Nov 18 with 1408 viewsWeWereZombies

Goa Advice on 11:51 - Nov 18 by KTBlue

excellent, cheers for that. No direct flights from Uk are there, so transfer from Delhi or Mumbai?

Holiday companies fly direct to Goa so you should be able to find a charter flight, for example TUI:

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/goi/200104/200119/?adults=1&ch

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Goa Advice on 14:21 - Nov 18 with 1404 viewsLord_Lucan

I got "Buried" in Goa ten years ago, went to a place called Cavelossim. It was ok but prefer Far East. I think if I went back to India I would rather do a big city.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Goa Advice on 14:25 - Nov 18 with 1395 viewscatch74

Goa Advice on 14:21 - Nov 18 by Lord_Lucan

I got "Buried" in Goa ten years ago, went to a place called Cavelossim. It was ok but prefer Far East. I think if I went back to India I would rather do a big city.

Good to see one of the good ones back on the forum.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Goa Advice on 14:27 - Nov 18 with 1392 viewsSacrebleu

Never been but was told it’s like Benidorm with curry. I would struggle a bit to enjoy myself with so much poverty outside of the hotel compound but guess all will benefit from your spending.
Login to get fewer ads

Goa Advice on 15:13 - Nov 18 with 1371 viewsKTBlue

Goa Advice on 14:21 - Nov 18 by Lord_Lucan

done most of far east, really want to do alot of india, and could do with some sun and beach this winter as this is our first year back in the Uk for quite a few years.
Goa Advice on 15:15 - Nov 18 with 1367 viewsKTBlue

Goa Advice on 14:18 - Nov 18 by WeWereZombies

Holiday companies fly direct to Goa so you should be able to find a charter flight, for example TUI:

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/goi/200104/200119/?adults=1&ch

cheers for that, didn't know you could do charter to be honest without doing the whole package with them.
Goa Advice on 15:17 - Nov 18 with 1361 viewsKTBlue

Goa Advice on 14:27 - Nov 18 by Sacrebleu

Never been but was told it’s like Benidorm with curry. I would struggle a bit to enjoy myself with so much poverty outside of the hotel compound but guess all will benefit from your spending.

think it depends where you go if its anything like Thailand and the like. read the headlines about Phuket for instance and you'd avoid it like the plague, but doesnt take a lot of effort to find some amazing places just off the main go to places.
Goa Advice on 17:43 - Nov 18 with 1306 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you're looking for nice beach and a few bars have you considered going somewhere a tad closer for a week?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024