Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? 21:36 - Nov 18 with 850 viewsBent_double

If you're not, good. It's hard to watch, wish I hadn't started it now.

It's covering Chinas '1 child policy' and how it was implemented.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 19:22 - Dec 13 with 635 viewsWeWereZombies

Finally got round to catch up with this on the iPlayer just now, and illuminating and sobering watch - not just for the horrors of sterilisation and very late term abortions but the rigid application of policy and the unquestioning acceptance of adhering to that even now, so many years later. It also gives a fascinating insight into living conditions and how they have changed over the years in China as well as providing food for thought on adoption, the morality of compunction, comparisons with other nations plus another aspect of human trafficking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bh0j/storyville-one-child-nation

Only available until next Wednesday evening.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 19:23 - Dec 13 with 633 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 19:22 - Dec 13 by WeWereZombies

Finally got round to catch up with this on the iPlayer just now, and illuminating and sobering watch - not just for the horrors of sterilisation and very late term abortions but the rigid application of policy and the unquestioning acceptance of adhering to that even now, so many years later. It also gives a fascinating insight into living conditions and how they have changed over the years in China as well as providing food for thought on adoption, the morality of compunction, comparisons with other nations plus another aspect of human trafficking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bh0j/storyville-one-child-nation

Only available until next Wednesday evening.

I was gonna watch a Christmas film but I guess being depressed has been the theme of 2019. On the plus at least now the votes are in half the country can be depressed with me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 19:31 - Dec 13 with 616 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hasn’t today been depressing enough for you already? 😂

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 19:32 - Dec 13 with 613 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 19:31 - Dec 13 by Swansea_Blue

Hasn’t today been depressing enough for you already? 😂

I might watch it whilst getting a dominatrix to kick me in the balls.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 20:01 - Dec 13 with 599 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone watching the 'One Child Nation' documentary on BBC4? on 19:32 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

I might watch it whilst getting a dominatrix to kick me in the balls.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024