Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bit rude, isn't he? 20:58 - Nov 19 with 5523 viewsFixed_It

Talking over Julie constantly (well she is a woman) and trying to make the debate only about Brexit( whilst not actually saying anything of great substance about it other than tired soundbites).
Not a great fan of Corbyn's but made him a clear winner tonight.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:00 - Nov 19 with 4452 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The PR advice to Johnson will be stick to attacking Corbyn, rumble on about honouring Brexit and avoid anything to do with policy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:01 - Nov 19 with 4447 viewsjas0999

Seriously? Corbyn can’t tell remain or leave voters what he supports! Pitiful.
A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:03 - Nov 19 with 4436 viewsFixed_It

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:01 - Nov 19 by jas0999

Don't forget that Boris wrote two contrasting articles on the eve of the referendum, and previously spoke strongly in support of the EU. Can we seriously trust him?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:04 - Nov 19 with 4416 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He supports remaining in a customs union and then putting the choice back to the electorate - vote for the only version of Brexit that works or remain.

Not sure what is so unclear about that myself.

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:07 - Nov 19 with 4396 viewsfactual_blue

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:03 - Nov 19 by Fixed_It

Don't forget that Boris wrote two contrasting articles on the eve of the referendum, and previously spoke strongly in support of the EU. Can we seriously trust him?

He's never done a single trustworthy or decent thing in his life.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:09 - Nov 19 with 4381 viewsBasuco

Not a Corbyn fan at all, but what he said was very clear, wait until the 7 - 10 years of negotiation has been completed then put that final deal to a public vote. It is impossible for an MP's to know what deal will finally be agreed. It is also worth remembering that the brexit deal will not be completed, signed and sealed by the next election, it could be started by one party and finished by another.
A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:10 - Nov 19 with 4370 viewsBasuco

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:00 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

The PR advice to Johnson will be stick to attacking Corbyn, rumble on about honouring Brexit and avoid anything to do with policy.

NHS policy in particular!
A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:12 - Nov 19 with 4361 viewsBasuco

Boris was really rattled over that redacted document on the US getting full access to NHS markets, he did not know that was going to be produced.
Login to get fewer ads

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:14 - Nov 19 with 4343 viewsBloomBlue

No one won tonight, I don't think either of them won over a floating voter tonight .

BJ floated around the questions and JC sat on the fence - the same as they always are
A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:18 - Nov 19 with 4305 viewsfooters

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:12 - Nov 19 by Basuco

Boris was really rattled over that redacted document on the US getting full access to NHS markets, he did not know that was going to be produced.

It's almost like he's a chancer unfit for public office.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:23 - Nov 19 with 4267 viewsSwansea_Blue

He supports whatever gives Labour the best chance. By including a second referendum as an election promise, he can put off any personal views again and with legitimacy. The issue where it might fall down is if he thinks he can negotiate a better WA. The EU might listen to him becasue he'll be a breath of fresh air compared with Johnson, but they could equally refuse. I think as long as he moves towards a sofet Brexit, they'd listen.

I'm not a fan of a second referendum, but it's really quite a simple position to understand: they'll (try to) negotiate a revised WA and then put it to the people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:24 - Nov 19 with 4260 viewsOldsmoker

Brexit as an issue is 10% of this election.
NHS, Min wage, Austerity, Schools, Police, Taxes, Poverty, Rent caps, Climate are much more important than Brexit.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:27 - Nov 19 with 4233 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The policy is clear and has been clear for a while.

Perhaps you are just a bit slow at understanding it.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:29 - Nov 19 with 4214 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:24 - Nov 19 by Oldsmoker

NHS, Min wage, Austerity, Schools, Police, Taxes, Poverty, Rent caps, Climate are much more important than Brexit.

You are correct and yet Johnson called the election to get clarity over Brexit - a Conservative majority, the people want his deal, a Labour win they want something else, a LibDem win they want remain.

Of course, the only way to actually get a clear-cut answer to that question is by having a second referendum which he doesn't want … for some reason. And whatever the outcome of the election, we will actually get no more clarity on Brexit than May or Johnson has had all along.

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:30 - Nov 19 with 4207 viewsWD19

If Brexit is that unimportant, why did so many ppl put in quite so much parliamentary effort to stop it....often at the expense of allowing any attention to be focused on the other stuff!?
A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:34 - Nov 19 with 4185 viewsfooters

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:30 - Nov 19 by WD19

If Brexit is that unimportant, why did so many ppl put in quite so much parliamentary effort to stop it....often at the expense of allowing any attention to be focused on the other stuff!?

Because that's called parliamentary sovereignity, something which was at the heart of the leave campaign.

Parliament didn't stop because of it. The Tories just haven't produced any meaningful domestic policy for the last three years, possibly more. What have they done on other issues? Next to nothing. That isn't the fault of Brexit, it's the fault of the Tories.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:35 - Nov 19 with 4180 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well yes, but with the exception of what Nthsuffolkblue said and Brexit affecting most of those. But know what you mean - there's more at stake, even though Brexit will make the country poorer and make most of those things you mention worse.

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:35 - Nov 19 with 4176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He didn't say it isn't important. He said it isn't the only thing that will cause voters to vote one way or another. In fact, it is only (in his view) a small part of what will sway voters.

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:36 - Nov 19 with 4171 viewsSwansea_Blue

And it's not unimportant.

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:46 - Nov 19 with 4122 viewslowhouseblue

a dull nil nil.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:59 - Nov 19 with 4070 viewsOldsmoker

A bit rude, isn't he? on 21:35 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

Well yes, but with the exception of what Nthsuffolkblue said and Brexit affecting most of those. But know what you mean - there's more at stake, even though Brexit will make the country poorer and make most of those things you mention worse.

I was a bit vague wasn't I.
Brexit has been the only thing this government has been concerned with over the last 3+ years. They've used it as an excuse to let so many things slip below an acceptable standard and that is disadvataging me and many like me. Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit or Revoke A50 won't magic any of these issues away.
The Tories have deliberately run things down so they can introduce radical reforms to show the current setup isn't working and they need to get tough. Extra powers for SUS laws is them being tough but if they hadn't dropped the police numbers then knife crime might not have been so prevelant. Starving councils of cash so they fail and then they can claim they have to centralise and reduce the things that councils can do. Bankrupt the NHS to justify selling parts of it off. Starving schools of cash to show that grammar schools and free schools are the way forward. Keeping the min wage down as employers won't hire. Claiming rents are controlled by market forces which they are but they could set affordable rent levels but they won't. Ignoring poverty and food banks.
The list goes on

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A bit rude, isn't he? on 22:07 - Nov 19 with 4030 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure either of them made a positive impact on anyone apart from their core support. So no winners tonight.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A bit rude, isn't he? on 22:10 - Nov 19 with 4008 viewslowhouseblue

A bit rude, isn't he? on 22:07 - Nov 19 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure either of them made a positive impact on anyone apart from their core support. So no winners tonight.

can't believe anyone changed their view based on that. and most people's view is disbelief that there's nothing better.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A bit rude, isn't he? on 22:13 - Nov 19 with 3984 viewslongtimefan

A bit rude, isn't he? on 22:10 - Nov 19 by lowhouseblue

can't believe anyone changed their view based on that. and most people's view is disbelief that there's nothing better.

My views not changed. Wouldn’t trust either enough to vote for them!
A bit rude, isn't he? on 22:14 - Nov 19 with 3973 viewsGlasgowBlue

A bit rude, isn't he? on 22:10 - Nov 19 by lowhouseblue

I didn’t watch it. A few years ago I’d have been glued to the screen.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024