Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why you can't trust Tories 21:08 - Nov 19 with 8699 viewsKievthegreat

CCHQ's press account has rebranded itself as "Fact Check UK" tonight and now doesn't mention the conservatives except for a tiny "CCHQ" in the corner.

Take a look at factcheckUK (@CCHQPress): https://twitter.com/CCHQPress?s=09
Why you can't trust Tories on 20:08 - Nov 20 with 547 viewsHerbivore

Why you can't trust Tories on 20:00 - Nov 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It doesn’t have the Twitter handle @UKLabour though, and numerous tweets of theirs do not link to the Labour website (I specifically mentioned the last one but as per my earlier post this was the case for 4 of the first 7 when I looked at the page earlier)

Good to see your fact checking is as bad as your sarcasm

I don't know what you're looking at. There's the Radio 4 clip but otherwise the first ten or so tweets include links that have labour.org.uk in the web link or they are retweets (all bar one of them from Labour's official twitter). Labour is all over their twitter page. As I've said many times now they ought to be more transparent still but I don't think their page is the same as the nonsense the Tories pulled last night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why you can't trust Tories on 21:37 - Nov 20 with 507 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why you can't trust Tories on 20:08 - Nov 20 by Herbivore

I don't know what you're looking at. There's the Radio 4 clip but otherwise the first ten or so tweets include links that have labour.org.uk in the web link or they are retweets (all bar one of them from Labour's official twitter). Labour is all over their twitter page. As I've said many times now they ought to be more transparent still but I don't think their page is the same as the nonsense the Tories pulled last night.

That’s 4 of the first 7 Tweets that weren’t retweets when looking earlier - there is now an additional pinned tweet at the top and a further post from this afternoon. None of them make any mention of the Labour Party

Anyway I’ve made my point on this one, if people want to excuse it that’s up to them
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 21:39]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why you can't trust Tories on 22:20 - Nov 20 with 488 viewsHerbivore

Why you can't trust Tories on 21:37 - Nov 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s 4 of the first 7 Tweets that weren’t retweets when looking earlier - there is now an additional pinned tweet at the top and a further post from this afternoon. None of them make any mention of the Labour Party

Anyway I’ve made my point on this one, if people want to excuse it that’s up to them
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 21:39]

Two of the tweets you've linked are retweets. Your selection criteria are questionable, only one of those tweets is in the first seven tweets on the page. In fact you have to go down into the teens to get to the last couple. It's pretty obviously a Labour page when you look at it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why you can't trust Tories on 22:27 - Nov 20 with 478 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why you can't trust Tories on 22:20 - Nov 20 by Herbivore

Two of the tweets you've linked are retweets. Your selection criteria are questionable, only one of those tweets is in the first seven tweets on the page. In fact you have to go down into the teens to get to the last couple. It's pretty obviously a Labour page when you look at it.

No they’re not, they’re tweets with other tweets/articles embedded

They were 4 of the first 7 tweets, excluding retweets, which is what I posted

Whether it’s clear when you take the time to look at the page is irrelevant - the point is that that detail isn’t apparent when these tweets appear in your feed, without taking the time to look into the source. It’s deliberate, and should be stopped

I said I was done earlier but thought worth correcting you re the retweet point - we obviously see it differently so no point continuing going round in circles on this. Plus we just actually won a game in the FA Cup, get in
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 22:29]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024