Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire 08:25 - Nov 20 with 21548 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is important read and shows that that Corbyn blatantly lied about racism at the leaders debate.

Jewish sitting Labour councillor
Jewish Labour National Secretary
Given evidence under oath to the EHRC
130 outstanding antisemitism cases before the NCC
Jewish Labour have submitted details to the EHRC of thousands of cases left unresolved

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 08:29 - Nov 20 with 4244 viewsbrazil1982

Careful now, the board's mood is even more anti Tory, Labour love-in this morning. The format was horrid though, would you agree?
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 08:35 - Nov 20 with 4191 viewsGeoffSentence

To avoid tedium and squabbling - hide this thread.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 08:50 - Nov 20 with 4147 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 08:35 - Nov 20 by GeoffSentence

To avoid tedium and squabbling - hide this thread.

Hide testimony from a member of the BAME community that the potential Prime Minister deliberately lied about action taken against racists in his party.

Nit a great look Geoff. Would you make the same comment if somebody linked a sworn testimony from a British Asian accusing a Johnson of lying over Islamophobia? A black British man exposing the Windrush scandal?

Iron Lion Zion

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:00 - Nov 20 with 4112 viewslowhouseblue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 08:50 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

Hide testimony from a member of the BAME community that the potential Prime Minister deliberately lied about action taken against racists in his party.

Nit a great look Geoff. Would you make the same comment if somebody linked a sworn testimony from a British Asian accusing a Johnson of lying over Islamophobia? A black British man exposing the Windrush scandal?

in the next six months - and it won't be immediate and it will happen a bit by bit and people won't own up about it straight away - a lot of people are going to be reflecting on the positions they've taken, and the things they've excused, and the people they've sided with - all on the basis that anything was better than the tories. it looks like the tories will be secure for another 5 years and people will then start to accept that ignoring or excusing extremists and racists hasn't got them anywhere at all.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:05 - Nov 20 with 4094 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:00 - Nov 20 by lowhouseblue

in the next six months - and it won't be immediate and it will happen a bit by bit and people won't own up about it straight away - a lot of people are going to be reflecting on the positions they've taken, and the things they've excused, and the people they've sided with - all on the basis that anything was better than the tories. it looks like the tories will be secure for another 5 years and people will then start to accept that ignoring or excusing extremists and racists hasn't got them anywhere at all.

Indeed. I read this the other day and it hits the nail on the head.

“ Understand the dilemma facing Remainers. But there's no way round it. You either accept Corbyn and his anti-Semitism is a price worth paying to stop Brexit, or you don't. Pacts. Voting for "good Labour MPs". It's all meaningless. You're just going to have to make the call.

And if you do accept Corbyn and anti-Semitism are a price worth paying, fine. But then the line's been crossed for good. And you can't complain when other people make the same calculation that racism is an acceptable price for resolution of issues they care passionately about”

Iron Lion Zion

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:08 - Nov 20 with 4079 viewsgiant_stow

Yeah but 300 something or other.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:14 - Nov 20 with 4046 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Funny how you have to wait until the morning for Twitter to provide your angle of attack for the day....who did you use for fact checking?
I imagine the outstanding cases are still being investigated.....outstanding.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:16 - Nov 20 with 4037 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 08:29 - Nov 20 by brazil1982

Careful now, the board's mood is even more anti Tory, Labour love-in this morning. The format was horrid though, would you agree?

He isn't a tory......haven't you heard.

Login to get fewer ads

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:16 - Nov 20 with 4039 viewsSteve_M

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:00 - Nov 20 by lowhouseblue

A viewpoint that ignores the moral vacuity, and deliberate recklessness at the heart of the Tory campaign. There's plenty of institutional racism in the Tory party too.

We're left with an unpalatable choice between two abhorrent parties, dominated by reactionary cultists and lead by incompetents. I have been clear on my view on Corbyn's failures on anti-semitism (and much else) but don't pretend this election offers a clean choice between a 'good' party and a 'bad' one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:18 - Nov 20 with 4027 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can you just highlight the whole sentence or more in which the lie occurs?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:20 - Nov 20 with 4020 viewsOldsmoker

Corbyn lied.
He said there were 33,000 nurse vacancies in the NHS.
The true figure is 39,500 - Source : NHS.
What a b*strd.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:20 - Nov 20 with 4016 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tory party have their thank you letter in the post for you....should arrive any day now.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:21 - Nov 20 with 4006 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:05 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

“ Understand the dilemma facing Remainers. But there's no way round it. You either accept Corbyn and his anti-Semitism is a price worth paying to stop Brexit, or you don't. Pacts. Voting for "good Labour MPs". It's all meaningless. You're just going to have to make the call.

And if you do accept Corbyn and anti-Semitism are a price worth paying, fine. But then the line's been crossed for good. And you can't complain when other people make the same calculation that racism is an acceptable price for resolution of issues they care passionately about”

Lollers.......what a lowlife you are.

Edit...in relation to your political spinning.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 9:38]

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:22 - Nov 20 with 3998 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:08 - Nov 20 by giant_stow

Yeah but 300 something or other.

I appreciate that you are in too deep to back track....it is how this sheep sh1t works!

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:24 - Nov 20 with 3989 viewsBigManBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:20 - Nov 20 by Oldsmoker

Corbyn lied.
He said there were 33,000 nurse vacancies in the NHS.
The true figure is 39,500 - Source : NHS.
What a b*strd.

I'm trying to work out if Boris' 34 imaginary hospitals make him worse at maths than Diane Abbott...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:27 - Nov 20 with 3973 viewsSteve_M

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:05 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

"And you can't complain when other people make the same calculation that racism is an acceptable price for resolution of issues they care passionately about"

By the same logic, in voting Leave you allied yourself with the lies about Turkish EU membership and Farage's imitation of Nazi posters.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 13:16]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:27 - Nov 20 with 3969 viewsitfcjoe

"It is false and simplistic to suggest that every vote for Labour is a vote for anti-semitism. It can be a vote for the people within the party trying to change it and prevent this poison from spreading further. It is therefore up to voters to look at their local Labour candidate, examine their record, and decide whether they can support them.

The argument on consequences is also powerful. We are talking about the official opposition. To give up on voting for Labour at all carries heavy political and constitutional implications.

On Brexit, it means that we give up on any opposition to Johnson's hardline plan, which will dictate the status and wellbeing of this country for a generation to come. There is no route to stopping it outside of Labour. The Liberal Democrats are not going to win a majority. Unless there is a Labour government - ideally in a minority position relying on the support of the Lib Dems, SNP and others - this thing cannot be altered. It hands Johnson a carte blanche to do whatever he wants. It is a complete surrender.

But in reality the implication is deeper even than that. If the opposition party is so corrupted that it cannot be supported, the constitutional function of British democracy collapses. There is, quite literally, no opposition to the government. None is possible. And that goes much further than Brexit. It touches every issue and the entire basis upon which our political system operates.

And yet these concerns themselves have a consequence. Let's say you only vote for your Labour MP if you feel they will fight the good fight within Labour. That MP - decent or not - is another step towards Corbyn entering No.10. You cannot divorce a more nuanced view of Labour from the implications which follow from it. You are part of that.

There is no right answer to this. My personal judgement is for the second argument - that Labour can be fixed, that those within the party fighting to fix it must be supported, that the consequences of allowing the main opposition party to die are too serious to be imagined. But the other position is not just valid - it is convincing. And more than that: It is devastating. It makes any option open to us right now a ghastly one.

We should not be in this position. But we are. And now each person must make their moral choice. No-one should be judged on the basis of it, whichever side they land."

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:29 - Nov 20 with 3951 viewslowhouseblue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:16 - Nov 20 by Steve_M

A viewpoint that ignores the moral vacuity, and deliberate recklessness at the heart of the Tory campaign. There's plenty of institutional racism in the Tory party too.

We're left with an unpalatable choice between two abhorrent parties, dominated by reactionary cultists and lead by incompetents. I have been clear on my view on Corbyn's failures on anti-semitism (and much else) but don't pretend this election offers a clean choice between a 'good' party and a 'bad' one.

absolutely, the tories are utterly awful. but people haven't been offered a plausible alternative. that's the tragedy. it's an appalling failure by the left to give people a way of escaping a dreadful tory government.

I am starting to think I will have to hold my nose and vote lib dem rather than spoil my ballot. depressing time

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:32 - Nov 20 with 3920 viewsOldsmoker

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:24 - Nov 20 by BigManBlue

I'm trying to work out if Boris' 34 imaginary hospitals make him worse at maths than Diane Abbott...

Those 34 hospitals aren't imaginary.
A whopping £100million has been awarded (to Tory friends) to design plans for these hospitals. That's 3million per hospital. That money wouldn't buy the land required - land owned by property developers who donate to the Tory Party.
See where I'm going with this?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:33 - Nov 20 with 3921 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hmmm - and who did the audience laugh at for being a compulsive liar? There is a thin line between supporting the just campaign of the Palestinians and perceived anti-semitic behaviour.... some might say you cannot have one without the other. Looking on the bright side - he hasn't deported anyone yet because they are black British citizens, nor has he abandoned any British citizens in Syria, nor has he knowingly broken the law as prime minister, shagged anyone at the public's expense - nor schemed for a hard brexit (his own preferred position, allegedly) when he knows the British public should have the final say..

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:40 - Nov 20 with 3859 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's true, it's a dilema. But when you look a systematic problem of anitsemitism being investigated versus the persecution of various groups (foregingers in general, asylium seekers, Muslims, more antisemitism), the victimisation of the poor, the mentally ill, the sick; and then add to the scales the deliberate dog-whistling, non-stop lying, the self-inflicted hit on GDP costing hundreds of £billions, lack of investment in key services despite record borrowing, the election fraud and the probable facilitating of Russian interference in our democracy and sovereignty.....sadly those lines have already been crossed and the scales of the dispicable are so stacked on one side that there's only one obvious choice to make.

That doesn't take anything away from the need for the investigation into Labour to be concluded and appropriate actions taken. But much like the Russian interference report, we won't have that information until after the election (I susupect we never will in the case of the Russian interference report - it'll be redacted to hell if it is ever released).

Of course, in an ideal world a vote for neither of the main two would be worthwhile and this dlimea could be avoided. But it can't.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 9:43]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:45 - Nov 20 with 3834 viewsGaryCooper

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:33 - Nov 20 by ElephantintheRoom

Hmmm - and who did the audience laugh at for being a compulsive liar? There is a thin line between supporting the just campaign of the Palestinians and perceived anti-semitic behaviour.... some might say you cannot have one without the other. Looking on the bright side - he hasn't deported anyone yet because they are black British citizens, nor has he abandoned any British citizens in Syria, nor has he knowingly broken the law as prime minister, shagged anyone at the public's expense - nor schemed for a hard brexit (his own preferred position, allegedly) when he knows the British public should have the final say..

FFS he shagged the shadow home secretary at his wife's expense.
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:46 - Nov 20 with 3829 viewstractordownsouth

I appreciate the issue, and I'd agree with that statement if the Prime Minister had a clean record with regards to racism. That may sound like whatabouttery, but the whole point of an election is choosing between alternatives, and in our system there are only 2 potential prime ministers. So that statement is quite misleading because whatever happens, we are going to end up with either a party with an anti- semitism issue or an Islamophobia issue. I'm not saying that it's not a serious issue, but allowing the Tories in because of Labour's racism issues ( or vice-versa) doesn't give anyone the moral high ground.

I'm going to be voting Liberal Democrat. I live in a LD/Tory marginal and the Lib Dem bloke we have doesn't support the revoke without a ref policy, which I think would be undemocratic. However, otherwise I would not be voting for them. Therefore, I think dismissing the point about good labour MPs is quite hasty. Whilst I support Labour, I wouldn't vote for a Ken Livingstone or Jared O Mara type, whereas I'd be happy to vote for someone like Keir Starmer. The individual candidate is very important.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:46 - Nov 20 with 3830 viewsDarth_Koont

This isn't a cheap joke after last night but I think this needs fact-checking.

"130 outstanding antisemitism cases before the NCC" doesn't sound a lot given the Labour Party have themselves admitted they've looked into hundreds of cases per year. So why are these 130 special?

"Thousands of cases left unresolved" But these aren't outstanding cases? Where are they then?

Pronouns: He/Him

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:49 - Nov 20 with 3799 viewsGuthrum

Part of the problem is this idea that the LibDems cannot possibly win in a large proportion of seats.

Which is, of course, an utter fallacy. If enough people vote for them, they could win anywhere. There is no immoveable blockage, even under FPTP.

It is pure laziness - or deliberate denigration in order to prop up the Lab/Con habitual vote.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024