Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire 08:25 - Nov 20 with 21375 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is important read and shows that that Corbyn blatantly lied about racism at the leaders debate.

Jewish sitting Labour councillor
Jewish Labour National Secretary
Given evidence under oath to the EHRC
130 outstanding antisemitism cases before the NCC
Jewish Labour have submitted details to the EHRC of thousands of cases left unresolved

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:50 - Nov 20 with 5066 viewsSomethingBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:05 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. I read this the other day and it hits the nail on the head.

“ Understand the dilemma facing Remainers. But there's no way round it. You either accept Corbyn and his anti-Semitism is a price worth paying to stop Brexit, or you don't. Pacts. Voting for "good Labour MPs". It's all meaningless. You're just going to have to make the call.

And if you do accept Corbyn and anti-Semitism are a price worth paying, fine. But then the line's been crossed for good. And you can't complain when other people make the same calculation that racism is an acceptable price for resolution of issues they care passionately about”

Fine.

So what's your take on the fairly obvious dilemma facing people, like you, who voted leave? It seems ... errr ... quite similar to me, albeit on a far wider scale, but I'm sure you can work that out for yourself.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 11:51]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:52 - Nov 20 with 5052 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 10:28 - Nov 20 by giant_stow

Me!

Well then you should know that it's a fact that the public's perception of antisemitism in Labour is 300 times worse than it actually is.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:52 - Nov 20 with 5059 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:41 - Nov 20 by bracknell_blue

Tories accusing Labour of lying! Pot, kettle, black. Johnson is the ultimate liar.

Peter Mason is a sitting Labour councillor, not a Tory

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:55 - Nov 20 with 5042 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:39 - Nov 20 by lowhouseblue

well we'll see won't we. it's not an alternative if it's nowhere near being elected. the polls (which are of limited value) suggest that nowhere near enough of 'the people' are prepared to support it to get close to it forming a government.

this really isn't about what you think is fantastic - it's about who has enough support to form the next government.

It's not about ME or YOU. But to say Labour isn't a plausible alternative is utter nonsense and is you trying to steer people - if it's said enough times it becomes true.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:05 - Nov 20 with 5033 viewsgiant_stow

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:52 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

Well then you should know that it's a fact that the public's perception of antisemitism in Labour is 300 times worse than it actually is.

I have heard that somewhere before - can't remember where or from who. I gather there are also a few jewish people who back Corbyn too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:13 - Nov 20 with 5015 viewsDarth_Koont

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:05 - Nov 20 by giant_stow

I have heard that somewhere before - can't remember where or from who. I gather there are also a few jewish people who back Corbyn too.

And you don't find that of key relevance to the debate? That exaggerated perception has DEFINED the level of debate.

Trash the facts all you want but I know that these "few Jewish people" are using them and being ignored and dismissed in favour of accusations that only make sense if you have the wrong perception of scale in the first place.

And yes, 1 case of antisemitim is 1 case too many. None of this means antisemitism can be dismissed as insignificant.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 12:14]

Pronouns: He/Him

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:19 - Nov 20 with 5000 viewsActionMan

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 08:29 - Nov 20 by brazil1982

Careful now, the board's mood is even more anti Tory, Labour love-in this morning. The format was horrid though, would you agree?

It's quite amusing as the views on here are exactly the opposite of what everyone else is saying in the real world, everyone I have spoken to today, the majority of which were former Labour voters thought Corbyn was a complete disaster last night. I do genuinely think there are some hardcore Labour campaigners on here who use this forum to promote the Party rather than talk football. It seems theres more Labour threads on here and more fighting - it's killed the forum.

Then again there is a direct correlation between those who thought Paul Hurst would do well and those who rate Jeremy Corbyn so maybe they are legit, just very very very wrong all of the time?
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:27 - Nov 20 with 4975 viewsSwailsey

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:19 - Nov 20 by ActionMan

It's quite amusing as the views on here are exactly the opposite of what everyone else is saying in the real world, everyone I have spoken to today, the majority of which were former Labour voters thought Corbyn was a complete disaster last night. I do genuinely think there are some hardcore Labour campaigners on here who use this forum to promote the Party rather than talk football. It seems theres more Labour threads on here and more fighting - it's killed the forum.

Then again there is a direct correlation between those who thought Paul Hurst would do well and those who rate Jeremy Corbyn so maybe they are legit, just very very very wrong all of the time?

There is so much that is incorrect with this that it is hurting my brain.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:30 - Nov 20 with 4964 viewsGaryCooper

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:19 - Nov 20 by ActionMan

No correlation at all, one thing to concentrate the mind though, the general consensus from this forum has been on the wrong side of every political decision in the last 12 years, it is not a typical cross section of British life.
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:30 - Nov 20 with 4961 viewslowhouseblue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 11:55 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

It's not about ME or YOU. But to say Labour isn't a plausible alternative is utter nonsense and is you trying to steer people - if it's said enough times it becomes true.

labour under corbyn isn't a plausible option for a huge number of people who have previously voted labour as we're likely to see when the results are counted. talk to people with different views to you - it will open your eyes.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:37 - Nov 20 with 4941 viewsDarth_Koont

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:30 - Nov 20 by GaryCooper

No correlation at all, one thing to concentrate the mind though, the general consensus from this forum has been on the wrong side of every political decision in the last 12 years, it is not a typical cross section of British life.

How do you work out the "wrong side"?

If thinking the Tories are shambolic, Brexit is/was an awful idea and ITFC avoiding relegation was important, then the "right side" of these decisions still looks the wrong place to be.

Next you'll be saying Transformers is better than The Big Lebowski because more people watched it.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:43 - Nov 20 with 4928 viewsRyorry

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:30 - Nov 20 by GaryCooper

Interesting if true, but "general concensus"? Seems to me about 60% Labour, 25% Tory, and 15% mixed "other" on here most of the time.

Anyway, before reading this page, I was only going to say "thank goodness there's a game on tonight"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:45 - Nov 20 with 4927 viewsRyorry

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:37 - Nov 20 by Darth_Koont

How do you work out the "wrong side"?

If thinking the Tories are shambolic, Brexit is/was an awful idea and ITFC avoiding relegation was important, then the "right side" of these decisions still looks the wrong place to be.

Next you'll be saying Transformers is better than The Big Lebowski because more people watched it.

I might be wrong, but think he just meant losing side.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:46 - Nov 20 with 4923 viewsGaryCooper

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:45 - Nov 20 by Ryorry

I might be wrong, but think he just meant losing side.

Yes I did, thanks for the clarification, he knew that anyway.
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:49 - Nov 20 with 4909 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:05 - Nov 20 by giant_stow

Why are you being so silly and flippant over what is a very important point?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:53 - Nov 20 with 4886 viewsBrixtonBlue

Everyone you've spoken to today told you about their politics, that they watched last night's programme, and the majority were Labour but aren't anymore?

Either you travel in some very odd circles or you've been to The Boris Johnson Memorial School For Liars.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:56 - Nov 20 with 4876 viewsbluelagos

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 09:29 - Nov 20 by lowhouseblue

absolutely, the tories are utterly awful. but people haven't been offered a plausible alternative. that's the tragedy. it's an appalling failure by the left to give people a way of escaping a dreadful tory government.

I am starting to think I will have to hold my nose and vote lib dem rather than spoil my ballot. depressing time

Why not vote green? That's where my vote is going. The only party that gets close to addressing the environmental issues, with an anti-Brexit stance to boot.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:57 - Nov 20 with 4873 viewsDarth_Koont

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:53 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

Everyone you've spoken to today told you about their politics, that they watched last night's programme, and the majority were Labour but aren't anymore?

Either you travel in some very odd circles or you've been to The Boris Johnson Memorial School For Liars.

I'm getting the feeling ActionMan had a lot of girlfriends when he was younger - although they were at other schools and when he was on a French exchange trip.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:57 - Nov 20 with 4870 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:30 - Nov 20 by lowhouseblue

labour under corbyn isn't a plausible option for a huge number of people who have previously voted labour as we're likely to see when the results are counted. talk to people with different views to you - it will open your eyes.

I'd rather wait for the result than try to coerce people as to what it might be in order to create a self fulfilling prophecy.

You're not interested in policies. You're just interested in stopping Corbyn.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:01 - Nov 20 with 4841 viewsmrshallisfit

Not feeling like making a comment about the Fact Check UK incident last night? Strange that.
Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:03 - Nov 20 with 4838 viewslowhouseblue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:57 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

I'd rather wait for the result than try to coerce people as to what it might be in order to create a self fulfilling prophecy.

You're not interested in policies. You're just interested in stopping Corbyn.

i'm really sorry to have to break this to you, you might want to sit down. it's not quite as big as santa not being real (whoops, you did know that didn't you?) - but what we say on here doesn't affect national politics. there is no twtd self-fulfilling prophecy because what we post doesn't alter anything at all. we're just a very small group of people shouting at each other from entrenched positions. i hope that's something you can come to terms with.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 13:03]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:04 - Nov 20 with 4834 viewsDarth_Koont

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 12:30 - Nov 20 by lowhouseblue

Didn't you say almost exactly the same thing before last election?

You know, the one where Corbyn increased Labour's seats and vote share?

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:05 - Nov 20 with 4828 viewslowhouseblue

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:04 - Nov 20 by Darth_Koont

Didn't you say almost exactly the same thing before last election?

You know, the one where Corbyn increased Labour's seats and vote share?

well we'll see.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:06 - Nov 20 with 4823 viewsDarth_Koont

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:05 - Nov 20 by lowhouseblue

well we'll see.

Yep. You said that too.

Bearded man runs out of ITV studio with his pants on fire on 13:13 - Nov 20 with 4792 viewsfooters

Anyone left the country yet?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024