Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... 10:30 - Nov 20 with 1309 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50485521

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:35 - Nov 20 with 1289 viewsGuthrum

This has been happening every few months for the last couple of years now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:42 - Nov 20 with 1273 viewsWeWereZombies

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:35 - Nov 20 by Guthrum

But has not been big news, suddenly the BBC have it as top item on their World news page. Interestingly (as far as one can be detached given the potential for a new war starting) Al Jazeera lead with the deaths of protesters on the bridge in Hong Kong, although the Israeli strikes are the most read item.

I had not realised how far Iran had infiltrated into Syria.

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:43 - Nov 20 with 1267 viewschicoazul

None of our business.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:54 - Nov 20 with 1242 viewsWeWereZombies

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:43 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

None of our business.

?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/27/british-arms-exports-israel-new-re

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:55 - Nov 20 with 1239 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:43 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

None of our business.

Good opportunity to boost arms sales

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:02 - Nov 20 with 1228 viewsStokieBlue

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:55 - Nov 20 by Swansea_Blue

Good opportunity to boost arms sales

For the Russians too given they supply loads to Iran.

They could stop Iran building forward bases in Syria if they wanted to but they don't in just the same way that the West doesn't tend to stop things that help their sales.

Vested interested on all sides here.

As Guthers said - it's been going on for a few years now. Eventually Iran and Israel will kick off though - they have incompatible ideas and both have loons in charge :(.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:03 - Nov 20 with 1224 viewscaught-in-limbo

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:42 - Nov 20 by WeWereZombies

But has not been big news, suddenly the BBC have it as top item on their World news page. Interestingly (as far as one can be detached given the potential for a new war starting) Al Jazeera lead with the deaths of protesters on the bridge in Hong Kong, although the Israeli strikes are the most read item.

I had not realised how far Iran had infiltrated into Syria.

"I had not realised how far Iran had infiltrated into Syria."

Iran, Hezbollah and Russia have all been invited into Syria by the Syrian government Radical Wahhabbi groups under various alphabet soup names have not, neither the US, Britain, France, Israel or Turkey.

Invitees don't infiltrate, they move freely until they get attacked by uninvited parties from inside or outside the country on a pretext of their choosing.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:09 - Nov 20 with 1206 viewsWeWereZombies

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:03 - Nov 20 by caught-in-limbo

"I had not realised how far Iran had infiltrated into Syria."

Iran, Hezbollah and Russia have all been invited into Syria by the Syrian government Radical Wahhabbi groups under various alphabet soup names have not, neither the US, Britain, France, Israel or Turkey.

Invitees don't infiltrate, they move freely until they get attacked by uninvited parties from inside or outside the country on a pretext of their choosing.

That assumes that the Syrian government have control over all of Syria...

Login to get fewer ads

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:13 - Nov 20 with 1196 viewscaught-in-limbo

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:09 - Nov 20 by WeWereZombies

That assumes that the Syrian government have control over all of Syria...

What assumes the Syrian government have control over all of Syria?

#toxic

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:15 - Nov 20 with 1184 viewsWeWereZombies

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:13 - Nov 20 by caught-in-limbo

What assumes the Syrian government have control over all of Syria?

'Iran, Hezbollah and Russia have all been invited into Syria by the Syrian government...Invitees don't infiltrate'

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:21 - Nov 20 with 1166 viewscaught-in-limbo

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:15 - Nov 20 by WeWereZombies

'Iran, Hezbollah and Russia have all been invited into Syria by the Syrian government...Invitees don't infiltrate'

If I invite you into my house and you go into my basement, it's not my neighbour's job to determine whether he thinks you shouldn't be there or take matters in his own hands to kick you out with force.

#toxic

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:26 - Nov 20 with 1145 viewsWeWereZombies

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:21 - Nov 20 by caught-in-limbo

If I invite you into my house and you go into my basement, it's not my neighbour's job to determine whether he thinks you shouldn't be there or take matters in his own hands to kick you out with force.

Did I say Israel were correct in launching missile strikes?

As far as going into your basement is concerned, I thought your neighbour had tunnelled in from next door and I threw a few grenades before I entered...

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:30 - Nov 20 with 1126 viewscaught-in-limbo

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:26 - Nov 20 by WeWereZombies

Did I say Israel were correct in launching missile strikes?

As far as going into your basement is concerned, I thought your neighbour had tunnelled in from next door and I threw a few grenades before I entered...

True, you didn't say Israel was correct.

But you stand by your use of the word "infiltrate" which is based not only on the Syrian Government not having full control of all its territory but also on the supposition that Iran is in an area of the country where they are not invited to be. You can't possibly know that.

#toxic

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 12:16 - Nov 20 with 1048 viewsWeWereZombies

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 11:30 - Nov 20 by caught-in-limbo

True, you didn't say Israel was correct.

But you stand by your use of the word "infiltrate" which is based not only on the Syrian Government not having full control of all its territory but also on the supposition that Iran is in an area of the country where they are not invited to be. You can't possibly know that.

Well keeping things low key and under cover is a pretty key facet of Special Ops so I am only too happy to admit to not knowing that.

Although I did once meet an American in a bar in Costa Rica who claimed to have been in Special Forces inside Iran...

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 12:30 - Nov 20 with 1035 viewsDevereuxxx

I've had to write about this topic extensively at work recently; Iran now has a huge material presence in south-western Syria, and Israel doesn't like it one bit.

Owing to Iran's support for Syria during the civil war, Tehran now has a land supply chain to Lebanon which means Hezbollah now has access to missile technology it didn't a few years ago. Hezbollah commanders are de-facto generals in the Syrian Army, dictating intelligence and operations. It's actually quite clever from Iran, and they now have a second front against Israel near the Golan Heights region, which adds a totally new dynamic to any military confrontation with Lebanon. But, as another poster has said, both Iran and Israel seem happy firing rockets at each other in the Syrian theatre rather than try and escalate.

Assad isn't really interested that Iran has such a presence there, he's just happy that he's still in power and Islamic state have naffed off.
Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 12:33 - Nov 20 with 1030 viewsuefacup81

Israel are stepping up their PR game as well. I've started noticing this Tweet popping up in my timeline as a promoted tweet:

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 13:03 - Nov 20 with 972 viewsBluesquid

Oh cr@p, Israel and Iran are squaring up to each other... on 10:35 - Nov 20 by Guthrum

Yes, hundreds of separate incidents of Israel launching missile strikes against Syria over the last few years even launching missile strikes on the capital city on Christmas day last year.

They even warn Syria not to defend itself by the launching of air defense missiles.

Got to feel sorry for the Syrians, gone through terrible suffering and now under attack through regular missile strikes from a neighboring country.
They are experiencing massive oil shortages too and cannot access their own oil in their own country due to illegally occupying US and UK forces who are "protecting" Syrian oil.

Iran has every right with Syrian permission to have bases in an allied country.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 13:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024