Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After cancelling sky 15:03 - Nov 20 with 2682 viewsChe

I cancelled Sky because they kept putting the price up (£10 in a year) while claiming they were giving me a great deal.
I currently have no TV because on only have a satillite dish and sky have switched the q box off.
Friend gave me a HD box (it's not the old type with the card) to try but says no signal being received. I have checked all the connections but if honest technology has passed me by these days.
Anyone out there got any solutions?
It's not life if death because I have Six Music but if there is a way round it I would be grateful for the advice
After cancelling sky on 15:11 - Nov 20 with 2626 viewsgiant_stow

Do you have a old style TV arial you could plug in? If you have a smart telly, you could use those together to get Freeview. Or if you only have a smart telly, you could watch everything online using it?

If none of the above you could get Freesat - comes with a box which you could plugin to the non-smart telly, but you might need a new dish.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

After cancelling sky on 15:39 - Nov 20 with 2541 viewsWestover

You could buy one of the old white Sky boxes (about twenty quid) and get all the Freeview channels that's what I did.
After cancelling sky on 15:44 - Nov 20 with 2504 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, you should be able to find something that still picks up the signal through hte dish. When I cancelled Sky we could still access all the traditional terrestrial channels through the box, but maybe that's different now. A Freesat box would probably do the job, but check first (don't take my word for it as I'm a technophobe!)

If you haven't got any device for capturing a satellite signal, and have decent wifi, then a streaming service is another option. Amazon Firesticks are easy to use and relatively cheap (one off payment of <£40). Or IPTV - basically streaming TV, but you probably need a smart TV for that.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 15:45]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

After cancelling sky on 16:05 - Nov 20 with 2451 viewsWeWereZombies

Just watch everything off iPlayer on your laptop.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

After cancelling sky on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 2296 viewshappybeingblue

sounds like hes given you a freeview box,if you only had sky and you are using their connections you probably need a freesat box,an old sky box should give you the freesat channels, if thats all you want.
After cancelling sky on 18:15 - Nov 20 with 2217 viewsonlymehere

Sky change the receiver on the dish so you can’t use your old box.
After cancelling sky on 18:44 - Nov 20 with 2123 viewsdickie

I did the same thing with Virgin when they tried to double the price (I'd haggled a good deal for a number of years). I cancelled the contract then got a new broadband only deal. Have invested in two Amazon fire sticks as we never watched live TV anyway.
After cancelling sky on 19:11 - Nov 20 with 2051 viewshampstead_blue

If you get a freesat box and plug it into the sky thingy, do you get freeview?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

After cancelling sky on 20:45 - Nov 20 with 1931 viewsChe

Thanks for the responses, I have got a fire stick coming but I guess I just wanted to use that for football and films.
The hd box I have is the latest before q box arrived , I suspect it's not going to let me into watch free channels unless I pay.
I could reinstate my TV Ariel because my TV has Freeview
I find the whole thing tedious with all these different controllers,if I am honest just want simple convenience without sky's ever increasing prices.
After cancelling sky on 21:25 - Nov 20 with 1799 viewssoclopath

After cancelling sky on 20:45 - Nov 20 by Che

Thanks for the responses, I have got a fire stick coming but I guess I just wanted to use that for football and films.
The hd box I have is the latest before q box arrived , I suspect it's not going to let me into watch free channels unless I pay.
I could reinstate my TV Ariel because my TV has Freeview
I find the whole thing tedious with all these different controllers,if I am honest just want simple convenience without sky's ever increasing prices.

We plugged our two cables from our sky dish to a purchased Humax bow watch all free sat you can watch and record at same time.
After cancelling sky on 21:39 - Nov 20 with 1720 viewsSwansea_Blue

After cancelling sky on 18:15 - Nov 20 by onlymehere

Sky change the receiver on the dish so you can’t use your old box.

They didn’t for me. They’re not going to incur the cost of sending an engineer out when you’re cancelling.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

After cancelling sky on 21:50 - Nov 20 with 1678 viewsonlymehere

After cancelling sky on 21:39 - Nov 20 by Swansea_Blue

They didn’t for me. They’re not going to incur the cost of sending an engineer out when you’re cancelling.

When I upgraded to sky q they changed the receiver engineers do it to all upgrades.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024