Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... 15:34 - Nov 20 with 1175 viewsunstableblue

...only to find that many can't have tow bars! who knew?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 15:37 - Nov 20 with 1164 viewsSwansea_Blue

For lug-ins, just keep your ear to the ground about any future changes

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 15:38 - Nov 20 with 1159 viewsSwansea_Blue

"The only electric car on sale today that's approved for towing is the Tesla Model X SUV. Not only can it tow, but its maximum towing limit is a substantial 2,270kg — easily high enough to haul a large caravan or trailer."

I never realised that either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 16:18 - Nov 20 with 1120 viewsMeadowlark

.....so you can't lug stuff with a lug-in?
Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 16:22 - Nov 20 with 1116 viewsunstableblue

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 15:38 - Nov 20 by Swansea_Blue

"The only electric car on sale today that's approved for towing is the Tesla Model X SUV. Not only can it tow, but its maximum towing limit is a substantial 2,270kg — easily high enough to haul a large caravan or trailer."

Thanks Swansea...... I also saw that on the Tesla Model X

I touch expensive, and also was thinking of a stop gap hybrid while the charging network catches up.

But none of the used XC60 for example have them fitted.

Back to the drawing board.

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 16:33 - Nov 20 with 1105 viewsKievthegreat

Unfortunately towing greatly reduces the range of electric vehicles so you wont see many pure EVs with them. Land Rover might when they release their EV, but probably have similar issues to the Model X price wise.

There's also a weight consideration, EVs and PHEVs are heavier than conventionally powered cars putting extra load on the axles. Couple that with an additional load from the tow bar and and load from the trailer transferred through the tow bar and you might end up needing to redesign the rear axle for a higher load.
Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 18:22 - Nov 20 with 1073 viewsBloomBlue

The death of the caravan is fast approaching.
Plus those poor gypsies what will they do?
Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 18:25 - Nov 20 with 1063 viewsunstableblue

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 18:22 - Nov 20 by BloomBlue

The death of the caravan is fast approaching.
Plus those poor gypsies what will they do?

Buy Ranger Rovers

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 19:01 - Nov 20 with 1024 viewsBluefish

Umm.....I knew

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 19:10 - Nov 20 with 1013 viewshampstead_blue

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 15:38 - Nov 20 by Swansea_Blue

The Model X also does an amazing Transformer routine.

I saw it recently, it's a show stopper....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 19:15 - Nov 20 with 1001 viewsBluefish

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 19:10 - Nov 20 by hampstead_blue

The Model X also does an amazing Transformer routine.

I saw it recently, it's a show stopper....

A lot of fun to drive but for that sort of cash I would expect better inside the vehicles. It effectively has 2 iPads strapped together and isn't very user friendly.

The bmw i4 looks incredible, so frustrating that it is still over a year away.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 19:59 - Nov 20 with 974 viewshampstead_blue

Was thinking of getting an electric car or lug-in hybrid.... on 19:15 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

A lot of fun to drive but for that sort of cash I would expect better inside the vehicles. It effectively has 2 iPads strapped together and isn't very user friendly.

The bmw i4 looks incredible, so frustrating that it is still over a year away.

We've just got Tesla as a client and they told us that the X was a shocker for build quality.

Panel gaps was just one thing they shared. They got away with it because the initial buyers where early adopters and forgave them the poor quality.

The Model 3 is there move into the mass market and they are changing their PR and image to cater for that.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024