Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) 21:40 - Nov 20 with 12594 viewsSwailsey

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:41 - Nov 20 with 6125 viewshatch

I’m following on live text so any description of the goal etc would be fantastic please
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:43 - Nov 20 with 6054 viewsclive_baker

Pleased he doesn’t have to sit through another half an hour

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:43 - Nov 20 with 6061 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:41 - Nov 20 by hatch

I’m following on live text so any description of the goal etc would be fantastic please

From the sounds of it, a smart ball across the box from El and a tidy finish from Judge.

Brenner shouting about it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:43 - Nov 20 with 6007 views44_not_out

I genuinely think he has an issue when we win. He is so negative. The first thing he says after the final whistle.... “don’t deserve it”

Bore off Brenner
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:46 - Nov 20 with 5889 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:43 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

I genuinely think he has an issue when we win. He is so negative. The first thing he says after the final whistle.... “don’t deserve it”

Bore off Brenner

Are you high and/or not listening?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:50 - Nov 20 with 5772 views44_not_out

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:46 - Nov 20 by Swailsey

Are you high and/or not listening?

Certainly not high, and usually listen to away matches on radio Suffolk.

I find the guy negative. He just feeds the numbskulls.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:55 - Nov 20 with 5641 viewsIPS_wich

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:50 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

Maybe because for the last 4-5 years he’s just reflecting the General mood/apathy of the fan base.

He’s one of only a handful of people who will have watched every Town game for the last five seasons. Hardly going to be super-optimistic; he’s had to watch quite a lot of sh1te!!

Just search the YouTube clip of Counago’s last minute winner against Coventry and ask yourself whether he cares?
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:57 - Nov 20 with 5604 viewsGeoffSentence

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:50 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

I didn't listen tonight, so no idea what he was like, but it does get on my wick how thrilled he gets when the opposition is doing well.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:59 - Nov 20 with 5566 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:55 - Nov 20 by IPS_wich

Maybe because for the last 4-5 years he’s just reflecting the General mood/apathy of the fan base.

He’s one of only a handful of people who will have watched every Town game for the last five seasons. Hardly going to be super-optimistic; he’s had to watch quite a lot of sh1te!!

Just search the YouTube clip of Counago’s last minute winner against Coventry and ask yourself whether he cares?

Or Chalobah against Swansea.

Or Chaplow against Watford.

Anderson against Norwich.

Berra against Derby.

Edwards against Bolton.

Priskin again Arsenal.

Etc etc etc.

I don’t know where this myth comes from.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:04 - Nov 20 with 5445 views44_not_out

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:57 - Nov 20 by GeoffSentence

I didn't listen tonight, so no idea what he was like, but it does get on my wick how thrilled he gets when the opposition is doing well.

Thank you, so it’s not just me.

A regular favourite of his when talking about the opposition - “they really are good on the eye and nice to watch”
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:27 - Nov 20 with 5270 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:04 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

A regular favourite of his when talking about the opposition - “they really are good on the eye and nice to watch”

Maybe it's true and maybe you need to grow a pair.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:29 - Nov 20 with 5251 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:27 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

Maybe it's true and maybe you need to grow a pair.

Of eyes?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:31 - Nov 20 with 5239 views44_not_out

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:29 - Nov 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Of eyes?

Or ears....
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:33 - Nov 20 with 5229 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:31 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

Or ears....

Wat
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 22:33]

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 02:23 - Nov 21 with 4978 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:43 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

Bore off Brenner

Anyone who heard his commentary at Swansea away knows that you're talking sh1t.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 06:57 - Nov 21 with 4783 viewsbluelagos

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:55 - Nov 20 by IPS_wich

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 07:40 - Nov 21 with 4686 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:04 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

I don't want the commentaries to be sugar-coated. If the opposition are playing well, team or individuals, he has to tell us.

The same if we are playing poorly.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 7:42]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 07:45 - Nov 21 with 4640 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 06:57 - Nov 21 by bluelagos

Barely a whimper when Pablo scores.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 08:49 - Nov 21 with 4525 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Could it be that he is a football commentator, employed by the BBC, with no particular affiliation to the club or the Ipswich area in general, who simply gets excited whenever there is a goal or goal action in a match, regardless of which team? It seems that he quite often forgets, or doesn't care, how it might sound to many Town fans when he gets as enthusiastic about the opposition as he does about Town. You only have to listen to opposition commentaries or go back to the commentaries of Terry Baxter or Bryan Knights for evidence of how a commentary sounds from someone that truly cares about "their" club.

Some fans seem ok with BW and cannot understand how his commentaries might be annoying to others. I guess the OP falls into that camp. The fact that it is a discussion point on here, and has been for years and by many contributors, indicates to me that there is clearly something in the argument.

I have subscribed to iFollow since it started, and watch most Town games. I witness how many mistakes BW makes during a commentary, which in addition to his enthusiasm for the opposition, leads me to wishing for an option whereby I could watch the game, hearing the stadium atmosphere, but without a BW commentary.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:07 - Nov 21 with 4453 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 08:49 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

Could it be that he is a football commentator, employed by the BBC, with no particular affiliation to the club or the Ipswich area in general, who simply gets excited whenever there is a goal or goal action in a match, regardless of which team? It seems that he quite often forgets, or doesn't care, how it might sound to many Town fans when he gets as enthusiastic about the opposition as he does about Town. You only have to listen to opposition commentaries or go back to the commentaries of Terry Baxter or Bryan Knights for evidence of how a commentary sounds from someone that truly cares about "their" club.

Some fans seem ok with BW and cannot understand how his commentaries might be annoying to others. I guess the OP falls into that camp. The fact that it is a discussion point on here, and has been for years and by many contributors, indicates to me that there is clearly something in the argument.

I have subscribed to iFollow since it started, and watch most Town games. I witness how many mistakes BW makes during a commentary, which in addition to his enthusiasm for the opposition, leads me to wishing for an option whereby I could watch the game, hearing the stadium atmosphere, but without a BW commentary.

What a crock of nonsense.

He has no affiliation to the club, maybe he didn't used to, but he has been watching Town every game for 5 years, so that is nonsense. Anyone who heard his reaction to Klose's goal knows that he cares about the club. The despair was audible.

Criticising how he reacts when Opposition scores I can understand but highlighting that he makes a lot of mistakes is again nonsense. He is a very good journalist, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been in the job this long.

If you don't want to listen to him, mute it, simple.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:23 - Nov 21 with 4415 viewsmaccyd9

Never understood the anti Brenner comments.

I think he's a very good commentator and clearly cares about the club.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:47 - Nov 21 with 4334 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:07 - Nov 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

What a crock of nonsense.

He has no affiliation to the club, maybe he didn't used to, but he has been watching Town every game for 5 years, so that is nonsense. Anyone who heard his reaction to Klose's goal knows that he cares about the club. The despair was audible.

Criticising how he reacts when Opposition scores I can understand but highlighting that he makes a lot of mistakes is again nonsense. He is a very good journalist, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been in the job this long.

If you don't want to listen to him, mute it, simple.

It is his job. He has been paid to watch Ipswich over the last 5+ years. That doesn't necessarily imply any great depth of feeling for Town, does it?

I think he is capable of showing emotions towards Town, but I think he is equally capable of showing similar emotions for the opposition. Am I and others imagining it all?.

Do you think he makes no mistakes then?

If I mute him, does that suddenly make him a good Town commentator?
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:59 - Nov 21 with 4299 viewsCotty

Personally I'd be much more annoyed if the commentating was overly Ipswich biased. Commentary is meant to tell you what's going on, not what you want to hear. Co-commentary is where the bias can quite justifiably creep in.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:07 - Nov 21 with 4275 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:47 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

It is his job. He has been paid to watch Ipswich over the last 5+ years. That doesn't necessarily imply any great depth of feeling for Town, does it?

I think he is capable of showing emotions towards Town, but I think he is equally capable of showing similar emotions for the opposition. Am I and others imagining it all?.

When Mathie makes mistakes does that make him anti-Ipswich?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:09 - Nov 21 with 4266 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:47 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

If you mute him then you don't have to listen to him, if he is as bad as you describe I don't know why you haven't already.

He is a commentator, his job is to reflect the mood of the match. As I said in my post I understand that he reacts to opposition goals and I understand the criticism. However, when I listen to Commentary on Suffolk I wouldn't say that I have ever heard him make vast amount of mistakes. Maybe mixing players up who look similar from a height, but that happens to commentators across the world.

To say that he doesn't have a great depth of feeling for Town is just absolute balls. Did you listen to that Swansea game. I have a great depth of feeling for Town and am a season ticket holder of many years and he reacted in a way that even I or probably a lot of fans didn't, he lost his voice for god sake I thought he was going to explode. There are numerous other games you can pull up which demonstrate it. Of all the things to criticise Brenner for, of which there are few, he isn't perfect. Not having passion for Town is not one of them .

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024