Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn on Brexit 08:35 - Nov 21 with 5880 viewsuefacup81

Unless I've missed something, why is it so vitally important that he come down on one side or other of the argument? From what I've read in recent days, Ted Heath refused to 'pick a side' at the time of the 1973 referendum, and the world didn't end.

Given that the Labour policy is to renegotiate the deal so that it allows the UK to remain within the Free Trade area, and then put it to a referendum with the other option being to remain within the EU, surely it makes sense for Labour to remain neutral if their stance is for the people to decide?

I'd much rather see a Labour government essentially saying "here are the two options, and here are the facts surrounding both. Now go away, have a read and a think, and draw your own conclusions", as opposed to having them champion just one side of the coin.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:19 - Nov 21 with 2084 viewsBasuco

Corbyn on Brexit on 09:46 - Nov 21 by 26_Paz

Do you not find it strange that a man who wants to be Prime Minster point blank refuses to fully reveal his stance on the most important political decision of the generation?

Politicians are supposed to represent their constituents, by letting their constituents decide the final yes / no with a vote is in my view the most democratic way to get brexit done. The fact that MP's from all the parties had to form an unofficial coalition to stop Boris pursuing his own wish to crash out without a deal, makes the Labour position more democratic than the Conservatives.
Corbyn on Brexit on 10:20 - Nov 21 with 2081 viewsNo9

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:19 - Nov 21 by Basuco

Politicians are supposed to represent their constituents, by letting their constituents decide the final yes / no with a vote is in my view the most democratic way to get brexit done. The fact that MP's from all the parties had to form an unofficial coalition to stop Boris pursuing his own wish to crash out without a deal, makes the Labour position more democratic than the Conservatives.

Indeed
The brexiters are revealing they are not in any way democratic - quite the reverse.
Corbyn on Brexit on 10:27 - Nov 21 with 2063 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corbyn on Brexit on 09:31 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Corbyn is playing the Remainers for mugs again. There is no way he can negotiate a deal with the EU, sign it, then say "this deal I've secured is rubbish, don't support it". If in government, Labour's formal position will have to be Leave.

What did you think of Cameron calling a referendum on the deal he negotiated?

Labour's position is clear. Get the best deal possible (the only one that doesn't re-ignite the Troubles) and then put that to the people. Is that what the people want? Everyone knows Corbyn would favour the deal. Why does he need to say that? The fact he continues to refuse to state it is irrelevant and actually shows he won't be bullied into saying what Johnson wants him to say.

Interestingly, what actually is Johnson's position? Does he really believe in his own deal because he seems quite happy with no deal as an alternative (just not remain because it is not the will of people that he refuses to check despite all the evidence that suggests neither of his options is really the will of the majority of the electorate)?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:30 - Nov 21 with 2055 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:02 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

I see you've been looking into your clay ball of prophesy again.

Are you mentally incapable of understanding how you can look for the best deal but then decide in the end it's not worth "buying"?

Or just being an obtuse political fanboy?

Are you ever able to reply in a civil manner?

His position is politically confusing when trying to get his message to the electorate. It doesn't matter if you are a remainer or leaver. Johnson is clear where he stands. Swinson is clear where she stands. Farage is clear where he stands. Sturgeon is clear where she stands. Corbyn's inability to say whether he even supports Brexit or not is a ludicrous and unsustainable position. Have you ever watched people like Rebecca Long-Bailey tie herself in knots trying to communicate Labour's position?

It's a complete dog's dinner. First, Corbyn negotiates a new deal with Brussels but with no guarantee that the Labour government will back the new deal in a referendum. So the EU would have no idea whether this, the third Brexit deal they have attempted to negotiate, would have the support of the PM, the Labour government or the voters.

Long-Bailey and Corbyn have both said that Labour is a 'democratic party' and would run the new deal past the members for approval. What if the Labour party said it was not good enough? Would Corbyn then be sent back with egg on his face to renegotiate again. Or, like the conference vote, would the hierarchy fix it to pass? And remember we are a then already past the January 31 deadline and people like Macron are not minded to give yet another extension.

Then, if the Labour party does approve the deal he has to get the deal through what will probably be another hung parliament.

Johnson is vote for me and get Brexit done. It's a pretty simple and meaningless message but it cuts through to people who only have a passing interest and get their politics from watching the news headlines. Corbyn's position is a complete and utter shambles.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:32 - Nov 21 with 2049 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:27 - Nov 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Labour's position is clear. Get the best deal possible (the only one that doesn't re-ignite the Troubles) and then put that to the people. Is that what the people want? Everyone knows Corbyn would favour the deal. Why does he need to say that? The fact he continues to refuse to state it is irrelevant and actually shows he won't be bullied into saying what Johnson wants him to say.

Interestingly, what actually is Johnson's position? Does he really believe in his own deal because he seems quite happy with no deal as an alternative (just not remain because it is not the will of people that he refuses to check despite all the evidence that suggests neither of his options is really the will of the majority of the electorate)?

Cameron negotiated what he thought was the best deal he could get (that's a debate for another day) and he went to the country asking people to remain based on his deal.

It would have been laughable had he negotiated that deal and then went into the referendum telling people he's negotiated a sh1t deal and to vote against it.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:34 - Nov 21 with 2046 viewsblueislander

Corbyn on Brexit on 09:56 - Nov 21 by ElephantintheRoom

As I remember, Labour were in power in 1975 and the referendum was based on what it was like being in the EU (which we then knew) v what it was like NOT being in the EU (which we also knew). Labour was as badly split at the time as it is now - but that is irrelevant if you are asking 'the people' to make a decision. As the UK was very much the poor relation of Europe back than it was an easy decision to make.

I voted to remain in the Common Market as it was then known in 1975. That was a purely an agreement on trade , and made perfect sense that 7 developed European countries should join force to form a very formidable trading block. The current EU bears only a passing resemblance to the Common Market of 1975, and is badly in need of reform to get rid of huge costs associated with it. However it still does represent a huge trading block giving members tremendous advantages in trading, and it is lunacy to think that the UK can easily and quickly obtain these advantages.
Corbyn on Brexit on 10:35 - Nov 21 with 2039 viewshampstead_blue

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:27 - Nov 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Cameron resigned after the referendum because he would have been hugely compromised negotiating to leave.

Corbyn has to come out one way or the other.

From what I gather, his idea of a better deal is to take what the EU give, pay, but have no say in anything (we wouldn't be a member).
That's not brexit, it's purgatory.

He has to be honest about his position. How on earth can he negotiate with the EU if he is remain?
They will be rolling around on the floor then he rocks-up. We will get nowt other than nailed to a wall.

Disingenuous at best.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Corbyn on Brexit on 11:05 - Nov 21 with 2010 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:32 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Cameron negotiated what he thought was the best deal he could get (that's a debate for another day) and he went to the country asking people to remain based on his deal.

It would have been laughable had he negotiated that deal and then went into the referendum telling people he's negotiated a sh1t deal and to vote against it.

So, presumably, if Corbyn can negotiate a deal he feels is better than remain at the referendum on it he will promote the deal over remain. I really don't see the difference.

Cameron didn't come out for remain until AFTER he had done his negotiation. In fact there is a big argument that leave won because he supported remain and the electorate like to give the sitting party a bit of a kicking at by-elections etc (some were quoted as saying they voted leave to give him a bit of a bloody nose without ever believing leave would actually win).

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn on Brexit on 11:10 - Nov 21 with 2004 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:35 - Nov 21 by hampstead_blue

Cameron resigned after the referendum because he would have been hugely compromised negotiating to leave.

Corbyn has to come out one way or the other.

From what I gather, his idea of a better deal is to take what the EU give, pay, but have no say in anything (we wouldn't be a member).
That's not brexit, it's purgatory.

He has to be honest about his position. How on earth can he negotiate with the EU if he is remain?
They will be rolling around on the floor then he rocks-up. We will get nowt other than nailed to a wall.

Disingenuous at best.

No, he resigned because he didn't accept the outcome. If your first statement was correct he could have sent someone else to do all the negotiating just as May and Johnson have anyway.

Your second statement is based on the first so that you could demand he resigned if the electorate disagreed with him. However, it is too early until he has negotiated to say whether he would support the deal.

While you (as an ardent leaver) say "that's not Brexit it's purgatory", you have to remember that 48% of the electorate would suggest anything involving a greater level of leaving is actually hell.

There is nothing disingenuous. You would be in a very small minority to suggest Corbyn is "remain". His view is that we need a deal that protects us. I agree remaining would be better than your idea of "purgatory". Do you agree? Are we better off remaining than taking a "bad deal"?

EDIT: I do not agree we are better off with Johnson's deal or no deal though. Perhaps "purgatory" is the best reflection of what the electorate voted for!
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 11:24]

Corbyn on Brexit on 11:35 - Nov 21 with 1981 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:30 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

His position is politically confusing when trying to get his message to the electorate. It doesn't matter if you are a remainer or leaver. Johnson is clear where he stands. Swinson is clear where she stands. Farage is clear where he stands. Sturgeon is clear where she stands. Corbyn's inability to say whether he even supports Brexit or not is a ludicrous and unsustainable position. Have you ever watched people like Rebecca Long-Bailey tie herself in knots trying to communicate Labour's position?

It's a complete dog's dinner. First, Corbyn negotiates a new deal with Brussels but with no guarantee that the Labour government will back the new deal in a referendum. So the EU would have no idea whether this, the third Brexit deal they have attempted to negotiate, would have the support of the PM, the Labour government or the voters.

Long-Bailey and Corbyn have both said that Labour is a 'democratic party' and would run the new deal past the members for approval. What if the Labour party said it was not good enough? Would Corbyn then be sent back with egg on his face to renegotiate again. Or, like the conference vote, would the hierarchy fix it to pass? And remember we are a then already past the January 31 deadline and people like Macron are not minded to give yet another extension.

Then, if the Labour party does approve the deal he has to get the deal through what will probably be another hung parliament.

Johnson is vote for me and get Brexit done. It's a pretty simple and meaningless message but it cuts through to people who only have a passing interest and get their politics from watching the news headlines. Corbyn's position is a complete and utter shambles.

No, because I think you're almost always playing politics. And I never trust what you say about Corbyn.

Real solutions are often confusing. Never more so than with something as complicated and far-reaching as Brexit. So pretending that there's a simple way forward that can be neatly packaged up for the electorate to decide upon - even before that solution is known — is continuing the same insanity that's taken us to this point.

The politically "simple" alternatives are black and white, Remain or Crash Out. But these are utterly superficial in terms of how simple, practical or desirable they now are.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn on Brexit on 11:54 - Nov 21 with 1961 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn on Brexit on 11:35 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

No, because I think you're almost always playing politics. And I never trust what you say about Corbyn.

Real solutions are often confusing. Never more so than with something as complicated and far-reaching as Brexit. So pretending that there's a simple way forward that can be neatly packaged up for the electorate to decide upon - even before that solution is known — is continuing the same insanity that's taken us to this point.

The politically "simple" alternatives are black and white, Remain or Crash Out. But these are utterly superficial in terms of how simple, practical or desirable they now are.

I suppose throwing cheap insults at people is easier for you than actually addressing the points made.

As for playing party politics. You are one of the most partisan people on this board, constantly defending all things Corbyn.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:05 - Nov 21 with 1955 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:30 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Ok Leave hat on....
Corbyn negotiates close alliance deal......
Parliament hung or not votes through due to guarantee of legally enforcable referendum....
Ditto special conference...
As per last time mps are free to campaign either way....
Seems to make sense....grown up concensus politics.

Also imho to lance the boil ..... no deal should be an option in a 3 choice transferable vote.
Edit.....it would not win.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 13:45]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:08 - Nov 21 with 1952 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn on Brexit on 11:54 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

I suppose throwing cheap insults at people is easier for you than actually addressing the points made.

As for playing party politics. You are one of the most partisan people on this board, constantly defending all things Corbyn.

If you mean defending him from constant and OTT attacks, yes.

I don't agree with everything but I do happen to agree with his general direction for the country. It's a much-needed change IMO and certainly to reverse some worrying and damaging trends in the UK. Which is something I've been banging on about even during the Scottish Independence Referendum before Corbyn was on the scene.

I care about policies (and better politicians and media to help focus on those). You just like playing the game as your rent-a-platform campaign shows.

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:17 - Nov 21 with 1940 viewsBLUEGOLD

Corbyn on Brexit on 09:31 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Corbyn is playing the Remainers for mugs again. There is no way he can negotiate a deal with the EU, sign it, then say "this deal I've secured is rubbish, don't support it". If in government, Labour's formal position will have to be Leave.

That’s not true though is it.

The Tories have had 3 years to get a deal approved by Parliament and failed to do that.

Labour are saying give us 3 months to negotiate the best deal we can and we will then put that deal to a public vote.

If the deal is lousy, they may well back remain, because the alternative option is a terrible deal.

If they are able to secure a better deal, perhaps with a better relationship with the EU, then they may push the leave with this deal option.

The Brexit fiasco is entirely of your lots making.

A binary question to a complicated matter was not the right option.

Both sides, led by Tories lied through their teeth and surprise surprise it’s all Corbyns fault according to the MSM and people like you.

You posted about Corbyn being a lier, but your leader who thinks that Muslims look like letterboxes (a bit racist I think) has been sacked twice for lying.

Britain deserves better was the slogan Johnson used when the election was announced and I couldn’t agree with him more. A lot better than the Tory shambles that we’ve had for 9 years, austerity hitting the poorest and a front bench of right wing loons.
Corbyn on Brexit on 12:29 - Nov 21 with 1925 viewsitfcjoe

It isn't, but it is the Tories attack line to make it look like Brexit will drag on under him.

His position isn't even particularly nuanced.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:41 - Nov 21 with 1906 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:29 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

It isn't, but it is the Tories attack line to make it look like Brexit will drag on under him.

His position isn't even particularly nuanced.

Especially worrying as the Tories' path is the full-on Brexitarama which will be paralysing politics and the economy for years.

Johnson is promoting DECISIVE (delay and limitless uncertainty).

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:42 - Nov 21 with 1905 viewsjeera

Corbyn on Brexit on 10:19 - Nov 21 by Basuco

Exactly this.

The PM should keep their own personal feelings on something this big out of the equation and deliver what is really considered best for the country.

That means listening to advisors, and dare it be suggested, experts on the matter.

There's no reason for Corbyn to declare how he feels, especially as he's been pretty staunch anti European since ever and made no secret of it. over the years.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:56 - Nov 21 with 1817 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:17 - Nov 21 by BLUEGOLD

That’s not true though is it.

The Tories have had 3 years to get a deal approved by Parliament and failed to do that.

Labour are saying give us 3 months to negotiate the best deal we can and we will then put that deal to a public vote.

If the deal is lousy, they may well back remain, because the alternative option is a terrible deal.

If they are able to secure a better deal, perhaps with a better relationship with the EU, then they may push the leave with this deal option.

The Brexit fiasco is entirely of your lots making.

A binary question to a complicated matter was not the right option.

Both sides, led by Tories lied through their teeth and surprise surprise it’s all Corbyns fault according to the MSM and people like you.

You posted about Corbyn being a lier, but your leader who thinks that Muslims look like letterboxes (a bit racist I think) has been sacked twice for lying.

Britain deserves better was the slogan Johnson used when the election was announced and I couldn’t agree with him more. A lot better than the Tory shambles that we’ve had for 9 years, austerity hitting the poorest and a front bench of right wing loons.

"You posted about Corbyn being a lier, but your leader who thinks that Muslims look like letterboxes (a bit racist I think) has been sacked twice for lying"

1. I left the Tory party in 2017 because of the Tories entering a lose arrangement with extremists.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories by GlasgowBlue 9 Jun 2017 15:01
That's me out. May must resign immediately.

I cannot in all honesty support a government that is prepared to do deals, no matter how informal, with a party that has links to sectarian terrorists in Northern Ireland.

Fcuk off May you are an utter disgrace. And I am typing this with rather moist eyes. I have been a member of the Conservative party since 1986

I have won two elections as a Tory councillor. I'm utterly ashamed..

Oh sweet irony... by GlasgowBlue 9 Jun 2017 19:15
I can read this and I agree with you 100%. That is why I have written to Ruth Davidson cancelling my membership of the Scottish Conservatives and will never vote Conservative again so long as either Theresa May or the DUP, who evolved from a loyalist terror group, have anything to do with the party.

I have been consistent in my criticism of Corbyn's support for the IRA during a period when they were murdering British civilians. I would be a rank hypocrite if I then excused this shameful act by May.

2. My views on Boris and his Islamophobic letterbox comments.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 7 Aug 2018 17:09
What really annoys me is that people are saying it was just a joke.

1. It's a joke that now seems to legitimise the mocking of people wearing the Burka. There will be women up and down the country, walking about and minding their own business, who will have yobos coming up from behind them and shouting "letterbox" at them. And Boris has normalised that.

2. It may seem like a bit of harmless banter to some but it's another example of a political party who seem to have a problem with a certain section of the British community.

I made this point about another subject which I'm sure I have bored people to death with. But if we don't stop the seemingly little things like this then it continues to be the norm and the nastiness creeps in.

My advice to you dear boy is if you re going to have a pop at somebody them it' best to get your facts right first so you aren't made to look so bloody foolish the next time around.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:11 - Nov 21 with 1796 viewsPinewoodblue

To my mind the question Corbyn needs to be asked is..

What will you do if you fail to.negotiate a creditable agreement even worse if the EU refuse to negotiate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:21 - Nov 21 with 1782 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:11 - Nov 21 by Pinewoodblue

What will you do if you fail to.negotiate a creditable agreement even worse if the EU refuse to negotiate.

I would expect his answer would be along the lines that the EU are open to renegotiation if it means substantial change to the deal and make it likely to get through parliament.

The current deal cannot get through parliament (and increasing the proportion of parliament made up of the main party blocking it - the Conservatives (and more specifically the ERG - won't change that), no deal cannot get through parliament (only a small proportion of the MPs think that is anything other than crazy - namely the ERG) and the EU don't want this continuing to drag on either. If a solution can be found they will be keen to find it. A compromise that suits moderate leavers and remain is more likely to see progress than carrying on with "Brexit means Brexit" while attempting to dictate what it actually means.

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:27 - Nov 21 with 1768 viewsBasuco

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:11 - Nov 21 by Pinewoodblue

The devil is in the detail and the detail has yet to be negotiated, my guess is the reply to that question is put the details of whatever the final deal is up against remain. Can you imagine what would happen if the deal is not finalised in 5 years time and we have a change of party in government? Most estimates are that the deal will take 7 - 10 years to complete.
Corbyn on Brexit on 13:44 - Nov 21 with 1746 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn on Brexit on 12:56 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

"You posted about Corbyn being a lier, but your leader who thinks that Muslims look like letterboxes (a bit racist I think) has been sacked twice for lying"

1. I left the Tory party in 2017 because of the Tories entering a lose arrangement with extremists.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories by GlasgowBlue 9 Jun 2017 15:01
That's me out. May must resign immediately.

I cannot in all honesty support a government that is prepared to do deals, no matter how informal, with a party that has links to sectarian terrorists in Northern Ireland.

Fcuk off May you are an utter disgrace. And I am typing this with rather moist eyes. I have been a member of the Conservative party since 1986

I have won two elections as a Tory councillor. I'm utterly ashamed..

Oh sweet irony... by GlasgowBlue 9 Jun 2017 19:15
I can read this and I agree with you 100%. That is why I have written to Ruth Davidson cancelling my membership of the Scottish Conservatives and will never vote Conservative again so long as either Theresa May or the DUP, who evolved from a loyalist terror group, have anything to do with the party.

I have been consistent in my criticism of Corbyn's support for the IRA during a period when they were murdering British civilians. I would be a rank hypocrite if I then excused this shameful act by May.

2. My views on Boris and his Islamophobic letterbox comments.

BoJo and Islamaphobia by GlasgowBlue 7 Aug 2018 17:09
What really annoys me is that people are saying it was just a joke.

1. It's a joke that now seems to legitimise the mocking of people wearing the Burka. There will be women up and down the country, walking about and minding their own business, who will have yobos coming up from behind them and shouting "letterbox" at them. And Boris has normalised that.

2. It may seem like a bit of harmless banter to some but it's another example of a political party who seem to have a problem with a certain section of the British community.

I made this point about another subject which I'm sure I have bored people to death with. But if we don't stop the seemingly little things like this then it continues to be the norm and the nastiness creeps in.

My advice to you dear boy is if you re going to have a pop at somebody them it' best to get your facts right first so you aren't made to look so bloody foolish the next time around.

As usual an attempt to defend your ego/pride rather than the majority content of the post.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:54 - Nov 21 with 1730 viewsPinewoodblue

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:21 - Nov 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would expect his answer would be along the lines that the EU are open to renegotiation if it means substantial change to the deal and make it likely to get through parliament.

The current deal cannot get through parliament (and increasing the proportion of parliament made up of the main party blocking it - the Conservatives (and more specifically the ERG - won't change that), no deal cannot get through parliament (only a small proportion of the MPs think that is anything other than crazy - namely the ERG) and the EU don't want this continuing to drag on either. If a solution can be found they will be keen to find it. A compromise that suits moderate leavers and remain is more likely to see progress than carrying on with "Brexit means Brexit" while attempting to dictate what it actually means.

We don't currently have a Parliament. The one we will have after 12th December will, if the poll analyst I follow is correct, will give Boris a healthy majority.

Current prediction, based on polls up to 16th November, is 72. It was much higher before it was known which seats the Brexit party would fight.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Corbyn on Brexit on 14:42 - Nov 21 with 1709 viewsflimflam

Does it really matter either way because lets be honest he will be nowhere near No10

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Corbyn on Brexit on 15:42 - Nov 21 with 1688 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corbyn on Brexit on 13:54 - Nov 21 by Pinewoodblue

We don't currently have a Parliament. The one we will have after 12th December will, if the poll analyst I follow is correct, will give Boris a healthy majority.

Current prediction, based on polls up to 16th November, is 72. It was much higher before it was known which seats the Brexit party would fight.

You are right, so (assuming the polls are reflected broadly across the country), we will have a Conservative majority of 72. Will fewer than 72 of them subscribe to the ERG view that no deal is the way ahead or will Boris get back into bed with the DUP or similar in order to push his deal through?

Unless he somehow manages to outwit the ERG, we are in for a continuation of the impasse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024