Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired 09:23 - Nov 21 with 20634 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What a quite amazing, ridiculous thing to do. Even more so when you consider this is clearly a very, very intelligent person.

Regardless of her real feelings, she's managed to convince most of social media to label her a white supremacist.

Really not a good look. If she's able to end up in a position like this, what hope for the 99% of the country who don't have as much ability to process facts!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 19:43 - Nov 21 with 2507 viewsitfcjoe

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 18:29 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

We agree on a lot but I think you're being harsh on Joe there. His family owns a business and it would be all too easy for him to put a cross in the Tory box to look after himself. Corbyn would mean their staff receiving higher pay for potentially less work (reduced working week, 4 more bank holidays etc).

He'd be sacrificing quite a bit for that second referendum so must strongly believe in it.

My parents are fairly wealthy and in their 60s, not seen what labours iht proposals are but I bet they could really cost me if the worst were to happen. I’m certainly a ‘have’ rather than a ‘have not’ but something has to change in this country, and I’ve been fortunate enough to be sheltered from austerity.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 20:00 - Nov 21 with 2473 viewsjimmyvet

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 11:03 - Nov 21 by ZedRodgers

She's an unhinged, attention-seeking loon. The queen of internet trolls.

In your opinion in the real world outside of your cult she is seen as a bright intelligent person getting a clear reasonable message across with plenty of evidence to support her views.
I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 20:06 - Nov 21 with 2461 viewsfooters

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 20:00 - Nov 21 by jimmyvet

In your opinion in the real world outside of your cult she is seen as a bright intelligent person getting a clear reasonable message across with plenty of evidence to support her views.

By doctoring a picture of an anti-Apartheid protest? Bruv, you need your head checking.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 20:32 - Nov 21 with 2404 viewsButterbing

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 20:00 - Nov 21 by jimmyvet

Could she not find another picture of Corbyn to use? (Setting aside the anti-semetic/anti-zionism argument for now) Surely, she should see that doctoring a picture of Corbyn protesting against Apartheid to deliver her message is highly offensive to others. A white person whitewashing an anti-racist message to deliver her own agenda is not exactly clever.
I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 21:09 - Nov 21 with 2353 viewsDubtractor

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 19:43 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

My parents are fairly wealthy and in their 60s, not seen what labours iht proposals are but I bet they could really cost me if the worst were to happen. I’m certainly a ‘have’ rather than a ‘have not’ but something has to change in this country, and I’ve been fortunate enough to be sheltered from austerity.

Likewise, I'm personally almost certainly better off under a tory government, but I do have a conscience and a soul too. You just have to open your eyes for 5 minutes in any town or city to see that people are being left behind and our current set up is enabling it. Something has to change, and if I'm a little worse off (I'll cope) then I'm more than happy with that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 21:25 - Nov 21 with 2330 viewsjeera

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 18:30 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Rachel Riley could wear a 'J2 is a tw@t' t-shirt* and i'd still find it hard to think bad of her.

*Now there's a business idea...

I've been meaning to tell you about my new line.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 21:26 - Nov 21 with 2329 viewsjeera

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 17:47 - Nov 21 by The_Romford_Blue

My opinions on it are that she’s been going too far lately. I think I even unfollowed her on twitter because of how far she was going in recent months.

This really might be the end of her on 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown which would be a shame as she is fit.

8 out of 10 cats does Countdown.

But not actually Countdown!?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 21:30 - Nov 21 with 2325 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 21:09 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

Likewise, I'm personally almost certainly better off under a tory government, but I do have a conscience and a soul too. You just have to open your eyes for 5 minutes in any town or city to see that people are being left behind and our current set up is enabling it. Something has to change, and if I'm a little worse off (I'll cope) then I'm more than happy with that.

Good on you. Same here.

And it doesn’t have to be so selfless either. There’s good evidence that people feel much better off in a fairer society and don’t need to spend as much money to protect the lives of their families or secure their future opportunities.

In a strong economy that wants to develop, there’s no reason the stakes should be so high for individuals. In fact it holds people and the economy back.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 23:46 - Nov 21 with 2195 viewsnoggin

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 21:09 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

If only everyone had this attitude.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 23:49 - Nov 21 with 2188 viewsnoggin

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 20:32 - Nov 21 by Butterbing

Could she not find another picture of Corbyn to use? (Setting aside the anti-semetic/anti-zionism argument for now) Surely, she should see that doctoring a picture of Corbyn protesting against Apartheid to deliver her message is highly offensive to others. A white person whitewashing an anti-racist message to deliver her own agenda is not exactly clever.

Especially when it’s a picture of JC clearly opposing racism. Disgusting behaviour.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 09:00 - Nov 22 with 2059 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 23:49 - Nov 21 by noggin

Especially when it’s a picture of JC clearly opposing racism. Disgusting behaviour.

Opposing racism against the express wishes of the ANC. Still a middle class privately educated white man knows far more than those black South Africans actually involved in the struggle.

Excellent thread which explains the background to Corbyn’s arrest.

[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 9:01]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 09:07 - Nov 22 with 2044 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 09:00 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Opposing racism against the express wishes of the ANC. Still a middle class privately educated white man knows far more than those black South Africans actually involved in the struggle.

It all goes to show that accusations — and those who get unnecessarily aggressive in pushing them — create a toxic and unhelpful debate.

A debate where facts, evidence, common sense and decency are pushed to the side in favour of partisan shouting.

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 09:08 - Nov 22 with 2042 viewsGeoffSentence

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 09:00 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Isn't that a little bit beside the point glassers, he may have been doing it in the wrong way, against the wishes of the ANC and in a 6th form politics kind of way, but he was still opposing racism.

I believe that is the point being made above, that she obscured a clearly ant-racist message to call him a racist ( actually to call him a racist endeavour, whatever that is supposed to mean).

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:23 - Nov 22 with 2001 viewswkj

So far all I can really obtain from this debate is some feel that manipulating an image of someone opposing racism is wrong, and others beliving that it is okay to do if the person being targeted in deserves it. In short even if the magnitude of accusations against corbyn is justifie, two wrongs make a right, but only if it suits your own beliefs?

People claim corbyn commands a cult, but the actions of those against him surely also are acting a bit like a cult too? Swap the L with an N in cult if you like, it is interchangeable in this scenario

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 1989 viewsfooters

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:23 - Nov 22 by wkj

So far all I can really obtain from this debate is some feel that manipulating an image of someone opposing racism is wrong, and others beliving that it is okay to do if the person being targeted in deserves it. In short even if the magnitude of accusations against corbyn is justifie, two wrongs make a right, but only if it suits your own beliefs?

People claim corbyn commands a cult, but the actions of those against him surely also are acting a bit like a cult too? Swap the L with an N in cult if you like, it is interchangeable in this scenario

Good morning wkj :)

Lovely to see you about. Congrats on a successful Al Fresco Society dinner the other night too, was great to see everyone again. Looking forward to next year's schedule now.

Have a great day and even better weekend.

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:31 - Nov 22 with 1977 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:23 - Nov 22 by wkj

I think RR obviously made a massive mistake and it was an offensive thing to do and keep defending. She should be rightfully criticized although accusations that she's some "white supremacist" or "evil racist" are way out of proportion and wrong IMO.

But there's a bitter-sweet irony there as that was the level she herself has been operating at. I hope she can bring herself back from the edge — and others let her do it. In any case, none of this adds anything to the debate, just harms people.

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:32 - Nov 22 with 1972 viewswkj

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:28 - Nov 22 by footers

Good morning wkj :)

Lovely to see you about. Congrats on a successful Al Fresco Society dinner the other night too, was great to see everyone again. Looking forward to next year's schedule now.

Have a great day and even better weekend.

Given I am canvasing in Milton Keyens today, I hope that I have a better weekend too! I'm glad you enjoyed the spread thought, I though the decision to use sun-dried tomatoes in the sandwiches was madness at first, but it turns out it was quite the masterstroke in the end!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 10:38]

Crybaby

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:36 - Nov 22 with 1958 viewsButterbing

So you support offending others in order to further your own agenda. Classy.
I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:38 - Nov 22 with 1950 viewsfooters

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:32 - Nov 22 by wkj

Given I am canvasing in Milton Keyens today, I hope that I have a better weekend too! I'm glad you enjoyed the spread thought, I though the decision to use sun-dried tomatoes in the sandwiches was madness at first, but it turns out it was quite the masterstroke in the end!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 10:38]

I'm sure the good people of MK will welcome you on the doorstep :)

The sandwiches were good but, to paraphrase Paul Daniels, I liked them, not a lot, but I liked them. Nothing in comparison to your wonderful ratatouille lasagne (v). And the jetty looked wonderful at night. A shame Moose was in such a foul mood, which spoilt it a bit. Maybe one too many Aperol spritzes...

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:40 - Nov 22 with 1942 viewswkj

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:38 - Nov 22 by footers

I'm sure the good people of MK will welcome you on the doorstep :)

The sandwiches were good but, to paraphrase Paul Daniels, I liked them, not a lot, but I liked them. Nothing in comparison to your wonderful ratatouille lasagne (v). And the jetty looked wonderful at night. A shame Moose was in such a foul mood, which spoilt it a bit. Maybe one too many Aperol spritzes...

The person you mentioned who I shall not mention will not be coming back for the summer event! I am glad he decided to rescind his membership rather than having to do all the admin and paperwork to ban him though.

Crybaby

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:45 - Nov 22 with 1917 viewsgiant_stow

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 09:08 - Nov 22 by GeoffSentence

Isn't that a little bit beside the point glassers, he may have been doing it in the wrong way, against the wishes of the ANC and in a 6th form politics kind of way, but he was still opposing racism.

I believe that is the point being made above, that she obscured a clearly ant-racist message to call him a racist ( actually to call him a racist endeavour, whatever that is supposed to mean).

Not to be a tinker, but that tweet thread makes an interesting accusation of white english leftists knowing better than South Africans.

I agther there's some controversy over whether Mandella really did blank / disown Corbyn's group back then - has this been settled, as it seems the clincher either way to me.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:48 - Nov 22 with 1908 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:45 - Nov 22 by giant_stow

Not to be a tinker, but that tweet thread makes an interesting accusation of white english leftists knowing better than South Africans.

I agther there's some controversy over whether Mandella really did blank / disown Corbyn's group back then - has this been settled, as it seems the clincher either way to me.

The clincher to what?

Half an internet point for whataboutery?

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:50 - Nov 22 with 1896 viewsfooters

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:45 - Nov 22 by giant_stow

Probably best not do anything about it at all then.

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:54 - Nov 22 with 1879 viewsgiant_stow

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:48 - Nov 22 by Darth_Koont

The clincher to what?

Half an internet point for whataboutery?

very lazy use of whataboutary there mr. I'm just trying to understand whether Corbyn was a welcome member of the wider movement or not. iF Mandella thought not, that would affect how I would view the outrage at Riley's stunt.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:55 - Nov 22 with 1873 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Rachel Riley is doing her best to get fired on 10:54 - Nov 22 by giant_stow

very lazy use of whataboutary there mr. I'm just trying to understand whether Corbyn was a welcome member of the wider movement or not. iF Mandella thought not, that would affect how I would view the outrage at Riley's stunt.

Well, then you're a bigger fool than I thought you were.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024