Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top ladz the SNP great banter 10:13 - Nov 21 with 1810 viewschicoazul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50486713

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:31 - Nov 21 with 1773 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks like he's got a thing for buttocks. Is he Italian?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:33 - Nov 21 with 1764 viewsbluebud

He's always been a sleaze....you do know the rest of the SNP membership aren't accused of anything like that, nor is Nicola Sturgeon?
Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:36 - Nov 21 with 1761 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sturgeon has admitted that she held a secret meeting with Salmond at her home where they discusses her own Scottish government inquiry into sexual harassment allegations against him and has refered herself to an ethics committe after coming under presure from the Scottish Tories and Labour MSPs. If that was Johnson or Corbyn it would be a big talking point during this election. It's barely making any ripples up here.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 10:37]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:39 - Nov 21 with 1745 viewsWD19

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:36 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Sturgeon has admitted that she held a secret meeting with Salmond at her home where they discusses her own Scottish government inquiry into sexual harassment allegations against him and has refered herself to an ethics committe after coming under presure from the Scottish Tories and Labour MSPs. If that was Johnson or Corbyn it would be a big talking point during this election. It's barely making any ripples up here.

Her behaviour is pretty typical of any local town council I would suggest, so it is no surprise it is being viewed as such.
Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:42 - Nov 21 with 1738 viewschicoazul

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:33 - Nov 21 by bluebud

He's always been a sleaze....you do know the rest of the SNP membership aren't accused of anything like that, nor is Nicola Sturgeon?

So he's always been a sleaze which implies the rest of the SNP knew about it and did nothing while he was First Minister and leader of their party. Thanks for making my point for me my G.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:22 - Nov 21 with 1683 viewsSteve_M

It's one reason why the SNP were so keen on a December election.

I'm still bemused by the cognitive dissonance that condemns the mess the Tories have made of Brexit but thinks Scottish independence would be a breeze.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:35 - Nov 21 with 1663 viewsDarth_Koont

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:22 - Nov 21 by Steve_M

It's one reason why the SNP were so keen on a December election.

I'm still bemused by the cognitive dissonance that condemns the mess the Tories have made of Brexit but thinks Scottish independence would be a breeze.

There's no doubt both are difficult, the difference is one's worth doing the other certainly isn't (for Scotland or the UK).

If the future for Scotland is being in some increasingly "lone wolf" UK without a voice or an independent nation in the EU with a vote (and a veto) then it's a no-brainer. Just a cursory glance around the North Sea and our neighbours shows that being part of a top 10 economy doesn't actually serve much purpose for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and many regions in England.

Pronouns: He/Him

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:38 - Nov 21 with 1662 viewsbluebud

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:42 - Nov 21 by chicoazul

So he's always been a sleaze which implies the rest of the SNP knew about it and did nothing while he was First Minister and leader of their party. Thanks for making my point for me my G.

...but you didn't make any points whatsoever....you're pointless in fact. All you did was post a link and you then wrote a heading suggesting (not implying) that all SNP members viewed serious sexual assualt as a laughing matter.

Therefore I didn't make any points for you at all "my G"....you didn't have any serious ones to make in the first place......homey.
Login to get fewer ads

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:42 - Nov 21 with 1646 viewsSteve_M

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:35 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

There's no doubt both are difficult, the difference is one's worth doing the other certainly isn't (for Scotland or the UK).

If the future for Scotland is being in some increasingly "lone wolf" UK without a voice or an independent nation in the EU with a vote (and a veto) then it's a no-brainer. Just a cursory glance around the North Sea and our neighbours shows that being part of a top 10 economy doesn't actually serve much purpose for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and many regions in England.

That Scottish independence is "worth doing" is a matter of opinion. People within Scotland are split on that for good reasons on both sides.

There's plenty of inequality within Scotland as well though, I don;t doubt that some of that can be blamed on Westminster but not all of it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:53 - Nov 21 with 1633 viewsDarth_Koont

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:42 - Nov 21 by Steve_M

That Scottish independence is "worth doing" is a matter of opinion. People within Scotland are split on that for good reasons on both sides.

There's plenty of inequality within Scotland as well though, I don;t doubt that some of that can be blamed on Westminster but not all of it.

Simple economics, Steve. How has Denmark managed to catch up and totally outperform Scotland's economy over the past few decades?

Ditto the other Nordic and Benelux countries in terms of economic success, standards of living etc. Hell, even the Rep of Ireland now.

That's despite Scotland having all best overall mix of these countries' advantages (to start with anyway) - natural resources, oil and gas, infrastructure, education, technology, language. And we've made such little use of them we have to get bailed out with central funds from Westminster!??

What am I missing here?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 13:09]

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 14:39 - Nov 21 with 1573 viewschicoazul

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:53 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

Simple economics, Steve. How has Denmark managed to catch up and totally outperform Scotland's economy over the past few decades?

Ditto the other Nordic and Benelux countries in terms of economic success, standards of living etc. Hell, even the Rep of Ireland now.

That's despite Scotland having all best overall mix of these countries' advantages (to start with anyway) - natural resources, oil and gas, infrastructure, education, technology, language. And we've made such little use of them we have to get bailed out with central funds from Westminster!??

What am I missing here?

How has Denmark managed to catch up and totally outperform Scotland's economy

Maybe it's in part because Denmark wasn't being run by an alleged p1ssed-up sex pest.

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 14:40 - Nov 21 with 1568 viewschicoazul

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:38 - Nov 21 by bluebud

...but you didn't make any points whatsoever....you're pointless in fact. All you did was post a link and you then wrote a heading suggesting (not implying) that all SNP members viewed serious sexual assualt as a laughing matter.

Therefore I didn't make any points for you at all "my G"....you didn't have any serious ones to make in the first place......homey.

Well, if he's always been a sleaze and the SNP turned a blind eye for so long what must that make them.
Fair play on him for still going to nightclubs at his age though.

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 14:57 - Nov 21 with 1543 viewsSacrebleu

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 12:35 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

How many MEPs do you think Scotland will get?
Top ladz the SNP great banter on 16:08 - Nov 21 with 1510 viewsGuthrum

What am I missing here?

It's worth remembering that Scotland's economy has been hit by the end of coalmining, heavy industry and (to a sizeable extent) shipbuilding in the last four decades, on top of the various crises which have afflicted everybody. That has to be contributory factor to the nation falling behind others.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 16:10 - Nov 21 with 1505 viewsSwansea_Blue

What am I missing here?

"What am I missing here?"

The impact of Buckfast Tonic

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 16:36 - Nov 21 with 1481 viewsjontysnut

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 10:36 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

I had to read 'ripples' twice
Top ladz the SNP great banter on 16:47 - Nov 21 with 1469 viewsGaryCooper

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 14:39 - Nov 21 by chicoazul

Maybe it's in part because Denmark wasn't being run by an alleged p1ssed-up sex pest.

Chortle!
Top ladz the SNP great banter on 22:53 - Nov 21 with 1323 viewsDarth_Koont

Top ladz the SNP great banter on 14:39 - Nov 21 by chicoazul

Oh Chico, I love your spirit.

Don’t let anyone tell you what you can’t do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024