Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? 14:04 - Nov 21 with 3788 viewsRyorry

Previous policy with Ovo greener fixed rate (100% renewable) has run out. Wasn't too happy with Ovo CS anyway (whatever other Which customers may say!).

Was thinking maybe one of the newer ones, but it's important for me to be able to get Economy 10 as well as greener, & I know not all do those; plus obviously don't want one which is so new it has no track record at all.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:07 - Nov 21 with 3342 viewsRobTheMonk

We've just gone with Octopus which has been recommended to me by two seperate friends. Not sure if they do Economic 10 though - might be worth asking. They do £50 credit for both you and referrer as well. If you end up going with them I can refer you so you get the £50.

Really easy to setup.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 14:08]
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:24 - Nov 21 with 3316 viewsRyorry

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:07 - Nov 21 by RobTheMonk

We've just gone with Octopus which has been recommended to me by two seperate friends. Not sure if they do Economic 10 though - might be worth asking. They do £50 credit for both you and referrer as well. If you end up going with them I can refer you so you get the £50.

Really easy to setup.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 14:08]

Cheers, will investigate further :)

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:24 - Nov 21 with 3318 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m with Ovo too (don’t like them either, but I’ve gone through the faff if registering solar FIT payments through them, but that’s a aside).

Don’t assume you need to be on a deal. When my deal stopped the standard rate I reverted to was cheaper than any fixed in deals (still is).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:27 - Nov 21 with 3312 viewsStokieBlue

Bulb seems good and is fully renewable - I like the app.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:32 - Nov 21 with 3293 viewsRyorry

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:24 - Nov 21 by Swansea_Blue

I’m with Ovo too (don’t like them either, but I’ve gone through the faff if registering solar FIT payments through them, but that’s a aside).

Don’t assume you need to be on a deal. When my deal stopped the standard rate I reverted to was cheaper than any fixed in deals (still is).

Interesting! will check rates for that out, thanks, as it's what I automatically reverted to when old deal ran out.

One of the great things about them that I do like is the % interest you get on any balance in your account - currently 5% for us as in 3rd year - about 5 x what I could get in any instant access bank account! (3% first year, 4% 2nd year)

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:49 - Nov 21 with 3283 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:27 - Nov 21 by StokieBlue

SB

I'd go with that. Bulb's app and website are easy enough to use that my 70+ year old parents are able to use it.
And they've been consistently the most affordable provider for me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 15:15 - Nov 21 with 3268 viewsRyorry

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:24 - Nov 21 by Swansea_Blue

That turned out to be really useful advice thanks, will at the least buy me more time to check the others out, as it turns out the day rate for the standard variable is almost 3p/unit cheaper than either the 1-year or 2-year fixed deals - more than enough to offset the slightly higher (just under 2p daily) standing charge & in fact means some savings

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 16:24 - Nov 21 with 3214 viewsfactual_blue

MooseMethane Bio Fuels....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 16:55 - Nov 21 with 3190 viewsmidastouch

Bulb have good customer service (at least when I've spoken to them they have), although they only do variable rates I think so if you want to try and lock in a price fix you will probably need to look elsewhere. I switched my mother-in-law from Eon to Bulb and she said she's found them a lot better and her bill has gone down some too, although not sure by how much though. I think they are fairly competitively priced although I'm sure there are better deals elsewhere if you shop about. However, if good customer service is just as important to you as price then I can honestly say that whenever I've called them I've been impressed with how the call has been handled and how quickly I've got through. Although I can't promise it's always like that but they have been very good at least when I've had to call them previously.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 17:56 - Nov 21 with 3147 viewsRyorry

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 16:24 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

MooseMethane Bio Fuels....

Well if this isn't enough to tempt him back to the forum, I don't know what would be!

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 3115 viewsSarge

I’d just go for the cheapest one, it’s the same electricity after all.
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 3114 viewswkj

I know a fair few who switched to Bulb and quite liked them. I am currently getting a deal through the Al Fresco society myself.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 19:18]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 19:59 - Nov 21 with 3064 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 15:15 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

That turned out to be really useful advice thanks, will at the least buy me more time to check the others out, as it turns out the day rate for the standard variable is almost 3p/unit cheaper than either the 1-year or 2-year fixed deals - more than enough to offset the slightly higher (just under 2p daily) standing charge & in fact means some savings

Tying in to a deal protects you from price rises during the deal hence why they are more if they are expecting the price to rise. Similar with mortgage deals. You may pay a little more now but you are expecting to be saving in the future.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 20:51 - Nov 21 with 3018 viewsGaryCooper

Interested to understand how you can have 100% renewable through your meter.
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 20:53 - Nov 21 with 3016 viewswkj

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 20:51 - Nov 21 by GaryCooper

Well I mean, Energy can not be created nor can it be destroyed.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:04 - Nov 21 with 2994 viewsRyorry

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 19:59 - Nov 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Tying in to a deal protects you from price rises during the deal hence why they are more if they are expecting the price to rise. Similar with mortgage deals. You may pay a little more now but you are expecting to be saving in the future.

Yeah, I know. Ta anyway.

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:05 - Nov 21 with 2992 viewsRyorry

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 20:51 - Nov 21 by GaryCooper

Basically, it just means (with Ovo anyway) you're paying a small premium for them to invest in renewables.

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:07 - Nov 21 with 2990 viewshandslikeplates

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 14:27 - Nov 21 by StokieBlue

SB

Yeah, Bulb - best I’ve been with. Love the App
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:38 - Nov 21 with 2971 viewsClapham_Junction

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:05 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

Basically, it just means (with Ovo anyway) you're paying a small premium for them to invest in renewables.

Not necessarily - in many cases it is just companies buying REGO certificates from other providers that have renewable facilities.

If you want a genuinely green tariff, you really need to use one of the companies that operates its own renewable power facilities, such as Ecotricity.

This is explained more in detail here: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/09/how-green-is-your-energy-tariff/
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:43 - Nov 21 with 2964 viewsRyorry

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:38 - Nov 21 by Clapham_Junction

Not necessarily - in many cases it is just companies buying REGO certificates from other providers that have renewable facilities.

If you want a genuinely green tariff, you really need to use one of the companies that operates its own renewable power facilities, such as Ecotricity.

This is explained more in detail here: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/09/how-green-is-your-energy-tariff/

Cheers, will look at that, tho I think I had to rule out Ecotricity last time (2 yrs ago iirc) because they didn't do E10 - that may have since changed of course.

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:50 - Nov 21 with 2928 viewsjeera

Bulb. Although I am on dual with them.

I won't pretend I've bothered to do the maths; ie. even looked at the individual unit costs as I have done in the past.

But I can confirm that so far my payments have become far smaller each month.

They are also the only firm I've come across where my bills have actually gone down twice over the past 12 months.

They offer 50 quid [to each] if one of us recommends you too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 22:07 - Nov 21 with 2906 viewsDurovigutum

Plus one for Octopus
Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 22:23 - Nov 21 with 2894 viewsBluefish

https://purepla.net/rfm/BQBgBRB

Have a £50 amazon voucher on me and I will have one too

100% renewable and they put your price down mid contract
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 22:27]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 22:26 - Nov 21 with 2885 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Robin Hood/Ebico worth a look.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 06:46 - Nov 22 with 2727 viewsGaryCooper

Anyone got any recommendations for electricity providers? on 21:05 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

Thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024