Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WT Actual F 20:14 - Nov 21 with 4620 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-fake-labour-manifesto-websit

EXTRACT

‘The Conservatives have set up a website that purports to contain Labour’s manifesto, in a bid to trick voters looking for the document.

The governing party paid Google to promote the website labourmanifesto.co.uk towards the top of its results for people searching for the opposition plan.

It is the latest underhand tactic to have been employed by the Tories, who were earlier this week accused of running an authoritarian-style disinformation campaign to confuse voters about opposition plans’

Surely there’s some sort of law or body or something that can step in here?

It’s utterly disgusting.

All of the horrendous stuff they are doing and have done and still half this country will vote for them. Sickens me.

<Phil>Moved to General</Phil>

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

WT Actual F on 20:17 - Nov 21 with 3561 viewsGeoffSentence

FFS. They are one sinister bunch. I can only imagine what they will do with the free hand of a parliamentart majority.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

WT Actual F on 20:29 - Nov 21 with 3503 viewsm14_blue

Are these really the same people who bleat on about democracy?

Shameless and shameful.
WT Actual F on 20:44 - Nov 21 with 3427 viewsfooters

Cummings all over. Well done to all you who back Boris and will vote Tory again.

But good news for Labour is that every time they try to do this it ends up costing them votes.

Meanwhile, brave Johnson won't release his manifesto until two weeks before the vote to avoid scrutiny. Hope vs hate.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

WT Actual F on 20:46 - Nov 21 with 3418 viewsHipsterectomy

Labour are anti-semetic

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

WT Actual F on 20:53 - Nov 21 with 3404 viewsElderGrizzly

Did you see the GMB fake video today from the Tories?

They used a month old interview of Jess Phillips and added a news ticker from today to make it look like she was referring to the manifesto launch

WT Actual F on 21:00 - Nov 21 with 3368 viewsGuthrum

The Electoral Commission may want a word with them about that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

WT Actual F on 21:03 - Nov 21 with 3333 viewsfactual_blue

WT Actual F on 20:53 - Nov 21 by ElderGrizzly

They used a month old interview of Jess Phillips and added a news ticker from today to make it look like she was referring to the manifesto launch

So many tories fought in World War Two against a regime that worked like this. How a modern-day tory with a shred of decency in them could ever buy a poppy again is beyond me.

Oh, I forgot. There aren't any left.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

WT Actual F on 21:05 - Nov 21 with 3319 viewsjeera

How is this legal?

Or isn't it?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

WT Actual F on 21:07 - Nov 21 with 3320 viewsDarth_Koont

What’s most disturbing is that the largely favorable media means that even with serious criticism from some quarters it’ll still be a win. And not sure the electoral commissions even have the power nor the time to act decisively.

They’ve made themselves above the law.

Pronouns: He/Him

WT Actual F on 21:07 - Nov 21 with 3319 viewsfooters

WT Actual F on 21:00 - Nov 21 by Guthrum

They said only the other day that their remit is only to do with campaign expenditure, not content. So not really sure what their purpose is there.

WT Actual F on 21:09 - Nov 21 with 3305 viewsOldsmoker

I don't get the Tory thinking behind this.
They're getting found out and this could earn them a reputation for being liars and deservedly so. Maybe they'll pass it off as jolly Eton japes.
The last poll of polls I saw put them clearly ahead. Why risk their lead?
The sort of people that might be disgusted by these "not cricket" antics are those Tories who voted remain. They might well decide to not vote this time.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

WT Actual F on 21:12 - Nov 21 with 3282 viewsGuthrum

Worth looking at the Woolas case of 2010, in which the result in Oldham East and Saddleworth was declared void after a Labour candidate produced deliberately falsified leaflets implying falsehoods about his main opponent. Labour went on to lose the subsequent by-election.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

WT Actual F on 21:13 - Nov 21 with 3278 viewsbackwaywhen

Fake news .... calm down .
WT Actual F on 21:16 - Nov 21 with 3265 viewsBLUEBEAT

https://www.thetorymanifesto.com/

Poll: W or W

WT Actual F on 21:22 - Nov 21 with 3219 viewsfactual_blue

WT Actual F on 20:44 - Nov 21 by footers

Cummings all over. Well done to all you who back Boris and will vote Tory again.

But good news for Labour is that every time they try to do this it ends up costing them votes.

Meanwhile, brave Johnson won't release his manifesto until two weeks before the vote to avoid scrutiny. Hope vs hate.

Is cummings still on the Civil Service payroll as a SPAD (Special Advisor)? If so, he can't be involved in campaigning at all.

I would guess he isn't, as he'd be sacked by the Head of the Civil Service. Very publicly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

WT Actual F on 21:23 - Nov 21 with 3203 viewsjeera

WT Actual F on 21:09 - Nov 21 by Oldsmoker

I don't get the Tory thinking behind this.
They're getting found out and this could earn them a reputation for being liars and deservedly so. Maybe they'll pass it off as jolly Eton japes.
The last poll of polls I saw put them clearly ahead. Why risk their lead?
The sort of people that might be disgusted by these "not cricket" antics are those Tories who voted remain. They might well decide to not vote this time.

Trouble is, people already know the score, and those who will vote for them simply don't care, with possibly a number applauding any means it takes to get what they want.

Many will be on board with this dodgy approach sharing the same standard of morals in the first place.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

WT Actual F on 21:35 - Nov 21 with 3178 viewsOldsmoker

WT Actual F on 21:23 - Nov 21 by jeera

Trouble is, people already know the score, and those who will vote for them simply don't care, with possibly a number applauding any means it takes to get what they want.

Many will be on board with this dodgy approach sharing the same standard of morals in the first place.

Sadly, you're probably right.
Which means that most Tories are simply scum.
First against the wall when the revolution comes?
Make that walls (plural) and form a queue.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

WT Actual F on 21:50 - Nov 21 with 3124 viewsBent_double

Maybe they should be red-carded and given a one-election ban! That'll teach 'em.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

WT Actual F on 22:02 - Nov 21 with 3067 viewsDarth_Koont

WT Actual F on 21:50 - Nov 21 by Bent_double

Maybe they should be red-carded and given a one-election ban! That'll teach 'em.

No, I’d go for “Fielding an ineligible government” and getting them thrown out of the competition.

Could have happened any time over the last 5-10 years before we got to the current lot that look like the Soccer AM team were given a spot in the Premiership.

Pronouns: He/Him

WT Actual F on 22:03 - Nov 21 with 3069 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Have you even looked at the site?

It doesn’t purport to contain the manifesto at all, it says in big letters on the front page ‘A website by the Conservative Party’ and the content is attacking it

The web address is probably a bit naughty, and it’s pretty sh*t politics generally that sums the Tories up in that their campaign is basically ‘Brexit plus not Corbyn’, but it’s hardly disgusting or sickening. Jesus wept

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

WT Actual F on 22:04 - Nov 21 with 3063 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

WT Actual F on 20:53 - Nov 21 by ElderGrizzly

This on the other hand is exactly the sort of thing that needs to be stamped down on ASAP, shameless and quite frankly should be illegal

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

WT Actual F on 22:31 - Nov 21 with 2970 viewsNthQldITFC

WT Actual F on 21:23 - Nov 21 by jeera

Didn't this already happen in another country?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

WT Actual F on 22:43 - Nov 21 with 2919 viewsfooters

WT Actual F on 22:03 - Nov 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Have you even looked at the site?

It doesn’t purport to contain the manifesto at all, it says in big letters on the front page ‘A website by the Conservative Party’ and the content is attacking it

The web address is probably a bit naughty, and it’s pretty sh*t politics generally that sums the Tories up in that their campaign is basically ‘Brexit plus not Corbyn’, but it’s hardly disgusting or sickening. Jesus wept

The fact that their official campaign stooped to this level is pretty disgusting, yeah. Glad you're pleased with it though.

'Probably a bit naughty'

WT Actual F on 23:24 - Nov 21 with 2826 viewsSwansea_Blue

WT Actual F on 21:16 - Nov 21 by BLUEBEAT

https://www.thetorymanifesto.com/

Well at least that one is accurate

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WT Actual F on 23:29 - Nov 21 with 2822 viewsScuzzer

Coo....and there I was thinking I had the football filter set.

Established 1968

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024