Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unintentionally funny films 16:17 - Nov 22 with 1344 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else a fan of watching laughably bad films? I don't mean silly things like Sharknado and other nonsense, but films that take themselves seriously but are so bad they are funny.

This afternoon I've watched Replicas with Keanu Reeves, thoroughly recommended and a few moments with proper belly laughs despite the fairly heavy subject matter. It has bad acting, a weak plot, massive plot holes, really weak dialogue etc.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/replicas_2019

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Unintentionally funny films on 16:21 - Nov 22 with 1320 viewsMullet

That space thing with Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. So bad I'm not even going to google the name. Likewise Valerian with that eyebrows woman. Must be a sci-fi thing.

I always think Anaconda suffered the opposite effect. Clearly meant to be a kitsch B-movie horror that was laughing at itself. Marketed as an action blockbuster people seemed to ta seriously.

Never ventured into the sequels though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Unintentionally funny films on 16:24 - Nov 22 with 1312 viewsDubtractor

Unintentionally funny films on 16:21 - Nov 22 by Mullet

That space thing with Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. So bad I'm not even going to google the name. Likewise Valerian with that eyebrows woman. Must be a sci-fi thing.

I always think Anaconda suffered the opposite effect. Clearly meant to be a kitsch B-movie horror that was laughing at itself. Marketed as an action blockbuster people seemed to ta seriously.

Never ventured into the sequels though.

Jupiter Ascending or something wasn't it? That was too rubbish even for me, switched off after 30 minutes, but may try again at some point. Another of the Wachowski's lame ducks since the first Matrix.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Unintentionally funny films on 16:24 - Nov 22 with 1308 viewsMullet

Unintentionally funny films on 16:24 - Nov 22 by Dubtractor

Jupiter Ascending or something wasn't it? That was too rubbish even for me, switched off after 30 minutes, but may try again at some point. Another of the Wachowski's lame ducks since the first Matrix.

I've hated everything they've done.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Unintentionally funny films on 16:27 - Nov 22 with 1305 viewsfactual_blue

That documentary about the norwich manager who went on to manage England.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Unintentionally funny films on 16:27 - Nov 22 with 1305 viewsBLUEBEAT

Not films but I’ve been trawling through the entire Tales Of The Unexpected catalogue.

Plenty of episodes stand up well but there are a fair few with the most bizarre endings. I often let out a laugh. Not endings like, oooh the Royal Jelly has turned the baby into a bee, but the endings where somebody says something like “well that was a strange occurrence” and then you see them make a cup of tea (the whole process) and then the end credits roll. Well, I find it funny anyway.

Poll: W or W

Unintentionally funny films on 16:52 - Nov 22 with 1265 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

SECRET OBSESSION

Watch this on Netflix ASAP. Absolutely incredible.

It is a masterpiece in how a serious movie can be so bad. There must be a trillion plot holes, nothing makes sense and it is so bad and ridiculous that it is a compelling watch. I was glued to it.

I could only come to the conclusion a genius like Charlie Brooker had made it to be intentionally bad because nobody could actually make a film this disastrous.

At the end when it should tie together you realise that it just creates more questions and loose ends. It's a staggeringly bad film that I was actually laughing out loud through most of it.

*SPOILER ALERT BELOW

Look out for the incredible way that a woman is restrained and how she then manages to eventually break free - only to decide to deliberately restrain herself again.

For anyone who has seen it - the reviews are quite wonderful. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419834/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

My favourites.

'Fun drinking game - take a shot every time you see bad acting or something makes no sense. Lol don't do this, you will die'.

and

'The setting: Silverado Canyon, a town 100 miles north of San Francisco. In the middle of the night, in the rain, Beautiful Young Woman (Brenda Song) runs from Knife-Wielding Man. She hides in a toilet stall in a public restroom, while KWM knocks open every single stall, giving BYW time to escape into the night. She runs and runs, while the man walks as slowly as Boris Karloff's Mummy in the old Universal horror films. Then she gets hit by a car. Oh, dear. Because she's about to be admitted to TV's worst hospital.

BYW is brought into the local hospital. This Jane Doe has no ID, but worse than that, she has NO MEDICAL INSURANCE CARD. But who cares? It's a movie. They must have waved one of Dr. McCoy's handheld thingamajigs over her, because in a trice, they've figured out (without taking any time at all for X-rays or brain CT scans) that she has multiple injuries, including bleeding in the brain. She's "unstable," so they whisk her off to surgery. Because they're in luck: This smallish community hospital in Nowheresville, California, just happens to be a trauma center with 24-hour neurosurgery coverage and 24-hour in-house CT tech coverage. (Well, I guess it does.) BYM, who has a few bruises artfully applied about the face, goes to the OR for her brain bleeding.

A man bursts into the ER. He identifies himself as Russell Williams. He asks for his wife Jennifer. (That's BYW.) He's told she's just gone to surgery, but he screams her name down the hall anyway. He doesn't have ID either; he just shows the hospital staff a few photos of himself and Jennifer, and they BELIEVE that he's her husband. These days, with the threat of violent interlopers and civil and criminal penalties for mistaken identity, a hospital would NEVER take this guy at his word; they'd ask for ID both for himself and Jennifer, and wouldn't STOP asking until they were produced. He's carrying a silver cigarette lighter engraved with "To My Darling Russell Love Jennifer," so we're meant to think he's legit. The all-knowing, all-seeing, all-doing ER nurse tells Russell that there's been bleeding in the brain, so Jennifer may have lost memory, although there's ABSOLUTELY no way she or anyone else could know that ahead of time.

Russell accosts the hospital neurologist (I guess it's the neurologist), who is conveniently strolling down the corridor. The neurologist spouts some laughably ludicrous neurobabble about "damage to the hippocampus" and semantic versus episodic memory. There's no way to diagnose damage to the hippocampus at this stage; and everybody has two of them anyway, right? And the only way to know about her memory is neuropsychological testing during convalescence. Regardless, Russell DEMANDS to know whether Jennifer remembers him or being married; the doc reluctantly says, "No," because although Jennifer has been unconscious since she was brought in, he also has one of Dr. McCoy's handheld thingamajigs. Name recognition is in the left hemisphere and facial recognition is in the right hemisphere. One can be preserved even if the other is impaired. But Wenman and/or Sullivan don't know this, or don't care.

Jennifer comes out of surgery. Her fractures and other internal injuries are conveniently ignored; maybe they'll get better by themselves, like the flu? There's one thin bandage around her head. Where is a craniotomy incision? A burr hole? An external ventricular drain? Why isn't she in the ICU, paralyzed and sedated, intubated, on a hyperventilation protocol and being pumped full of mannitol and steroids to reduce the brain swelling that will inevitably occur? Where are the pumps giving her IV fluids, prophylactic antiseizure medications and enteral nutrition? Why does Russell wait in the ER waiting room instead of the surgery waiting room?

And we're only ten minutes into the movie......'
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 17:21]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Unintentionally funny films on 16:55 - Nov 22 with 1230 viewsgiant_stow

One Last Heist about the Hatton Garden robbery. Complete bollox.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Unintentionally funny films on 16:58 - Nov 22 with 1222 viewsDubtractor

Unintentionally funny films on 16:52 - Nov 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

SECRET OBSESSION

Watch this on Netflix ASAP. Absolutely incredible.

It is a masterpiece in how a serious movie can be so bad. There must be a trillion plot holes, nothing makes sense and it is so bad and ridiculous that it is a compelling watch. I was glued to it.

I could only come to the conclusion a genius like Charlie Brooker had made it to be intentionally bad because nobody could actually make a film this disastrous.

At the end when it should tie together you realise that it just creates more questions and loose ends. It's a staggeringly bad film that I was actually laughing out loud through most of it.

*SPOILER ALERT BELOW

Look out for the incredible way that a woman is restrained and how she then manages to eventually break free - only to decide to deliberately restrain herself again.

For anyone who has seen it - the reviews are quite wonderful. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419834/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

My favourites.

'Fun drinking game - take a shot every time you see bad acting or something makes no sense. Lol don't do this, you will die'.

and

'The setting: Silverado Canyon, a town 100 miles north of San Francisco. In the middle of the night, in the rain, Beautiful Young Woman (Brenda Song) runs from Knife-Wielding Man. She hides in a toilet stall in a public restroom, while KWM knocks open every single stall, giving BYW time to escape into the night. She runs and runs, while the man walks as slowly as Boris Karloff's Mummy in the old Universal horror films. Then she gets hit by a car. Oh, dear. Because she's about to be admitted to TV's worst hospital.

BYW is brought into the local hospital. This Jane Doe has no ID, but worse than that, she has NO MEDICAL INSURANCE CARD. But who cares? It's a movie. They must have waved one of Dr. McCoy's handheld thingamajigs over her, because in a trice, they've figured out (without taking any time at all for X-rays or brain CT scans) that she has multiple injuries, including bleeding in the brain. She's "unstable," so they whisk her off to surgery. Because they're in luck: This smallish community hospital in Nowheresville, California, just happens to be a trauma center with 24-hour neurosurgery coverage and 24-hour in-house CT tech coverage. (Well, I guess it does.) BYM, who has a few bruises artfully applied about the face, goes to the OR for her brain bleeding.

A man bursts into the ER. He identifies himself as Russell Williams. He asks for his wife Jennifer. (That's BYW.) He's told she's just gone to surgery, but he screams her name down the hall anyway. He doesn't have ID either; he just shows the hospital staff a few photos of himself and Jennifer, and they BELIEVE that he's her husband. These days, with the threat of violent interlopers and civil and criminal penalties for mistaken identity, a hospital would NEVER take this guy at his word; they'd ask for ID both for himself and Jennifer, and wouldn't STOP asking until they were produced. He's carrying a silver cigarette lighter engraved with "To My Darling Russell Love Jennifer," so we're meant to think he's legit. The all-knowing, all-seeing, all-doing ER nurse tells Russell that there's been bleeding in the brain, so Jennifer may have lost memory, although there's ABSOLUTELY no way she or anyone else could know that ahead of time.

Russell accosts the hospital neurologist (I guess it's the neurologist), who is conveniently strolling down the corridor. The neurologist spouts some laughably ludicrous neurobabble about "damage to the hippocampus" and semantic versus episodic memory. There's no way to diagnose damage to the hippocampus at this stage; and everybody has two of them anyway, right? And the only way to know about her memory is neuropsychological testing during convalescence. Regardless, Russell DEMANDS to know whether Jennifer remembers him or being married; the doc reluctantly says, "No," because although Jennifer has been unconscious since she was brought in, he also has one of Dr. McCoy's handheld thingamajigs. Name recognition is in the left hemisphere and facial recognition is in the right hemisphere. One can be preserved even if the other is impaired. But Wenman and/or Sullivan don't know this, or don't care.

Jennifer comes out of surgery. Her fractures and other internal injuries are conveniently ignored; maybe they'll get better by themselves, like the flu? There's one thin bandage around her head. Where is a craniotomy incision? A burr hole? An external ventricular drain? Why isn't she in the ICU, paralyzed and sedated, intubated, on a hyperventilation protocol and being pumped full of mannitol and steroids to reduce the brain swelling that will inevitably occur? Where are the pumps giving her IV fluids, prophylactic antiseizure medications and enteral nutrition? Why does Russell wait in the ER waiting room instead of the surgery waiting room?

And we're only ten minutes into the movie......'
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 17:21]

7% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Has potential.

Login to get fewer ads

Unintentionally funny films on 17:04 - Nov 22 with 1204 viewsMoriarty

The Star Wars films. Except, of course for “A New Hope” and “Empire Strikes Back”.

fka omuircheartaigh

Unintentionally funny films on 17:05 - Nov 22 with 1206 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Unintentionally funny films on 16:58 - Nov 22 by Dubtractor

7% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Has potential.

It is absolutely mental.

It starts with a female with no ID being taken into hospital. Her husband turns up saying his wife has had an accident and he's taken straight to her.

At least once a minute you have to ask yourself WTF.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Unintentionally funny films on 17:07 - Nov 22 with 1199 viewsGeoffSentence

Unintentionally funny films on 16:27 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

That documentary about the norwich manager who went on to manage England.

As an aside, all the episodes of Mike Bassett Manager are available on you tube. Pretty much in the same vein as MB England Manager and not as good, but still an enjoyably funny romp.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Unintentionally funny films on 18:28 - Nov 22 with 1086 viewsPendejo

Sorry don't know it's name.... way back in the early days of video cassettes and the battle between betamax & VHS we got a film from the place that used to be on Norwich Road [can't remember it's name!!]

Kung Fu style film dubbed with regional UK accents, can't remember all of them, the one that did stand out was a West Country one when some fella;-

"oooh yooooo baaaarstaaard!"

That's all I can remember of it but the 4 of us watching it were in stitches precisely because it was so bad it was brilliant. On reflection maybe that was the aim in which case it was brilliant. I bet there's not a cable channel anywhere in the world still playing that one

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Unintentionally funny films on 18:32 - Nov 22 with 1080 viewsJohnny_Boy

Only the other day, the Totally Football podcast mentioned Green Street 2.

Synopsis:

“Members of the Green Street Elite quickly discover the brutality of life in prison, as they are constant targets of the superior numbers and better-financed Millwall Bushwackers. When overcrowding compels a need for the early release of a fortunate few, fate brings West Ham and Millwall together again.”

Now, for some perverse reason, I might try & watch this car-crash sequel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024