Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I might not vote Conservative after all. 17:14 - Nov 22 with 4741 viewsbaxterbasics

I have discovered he is opposing the northern bypass. Could be a deal breaker.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 17:19 - Nov 22 with 4720 viewsfactual_blue

So, he's reflecting the views of wealthy landowners in that part of Suffolk then.

I'd be surprised if it ever gets built.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 17:35 - Nov 22 with 4692 viewslongtimefan

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 17:19 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

So, he's reflecting the views of wealthy landowners in that part of Suffolk then.

Unless they make it dual-carriageway (by no means certain) it's not worth building anyway!
I might not vote Conservative after all. on 17:40 - Nov 22 with 4678 viewsfactual_blue

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 17:35 - Nov 22 by longtimefan

Unless they make it dual-carriageway (by no means certain) it's not worth building anyway!

Nothing wrong with the B1078/B1079 through Coddenham as the northern by-pass anyway.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 17:56 - Nov 22 with 4650 viewsBLUEBEAT

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 17:40 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

Nothing wrong with the B1078/B1079 through Coddenham as the northern by-pass anyway.

Love squeezing a 7.5 tonne up there!

Poll: W or W

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 18:01 - Nov 22 with 4640 viewsDubtractor

As likely to get built as Snoasis.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 18:07 - Nov 22 with 4628 viewspeterleeblue

You were considering voting Tory?
I might not vote Conservative after all. on 18:38 - Nov 22 with 4579 viewsbournemouthblue

It will eventually get built

The No Lobby are banking on it getting delayed another 25 years

The gridlock in Town is getting ridiculous now, we seem to be having more and more closures all the time and it effects business

I'm staggered they don't believe there is a business case for it to be built

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 22:14 - Nov 22 with 4446 viewsbaxterbasics

Surely some of those wealthy land owners will be quids in if their field gets purchased for a stretch of road?

It’s more the NIMBYs and villagers who always object to any development or house building ever. I’m happy for them to be ignored.

zip

Login to get fewer ads

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 22:20 - Nov 22 with 4435 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 22:14 - Nov 22 by baxterbasics

Surely some of those wealthy land owners will be quids in if their field gets purchased for a stretch of road?

It’s more the NIMBYs and villagers who always object to any development or house building ever. I’m happy for them to be ignored.

I'm not sure compulsory purchase gives especially good value. If they were keen to cash in on their land would sell it. The reason they are so wealthy is the investment that the land represents.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 00:03 - Nov 23 with 4378 viewsbournemouthblue

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 22:20 - Nov 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I'm not sure compulsory purchase gives especially good value. If they were keen to cash in on their land would sell it. The reason they are so wealthy is the investment that the land represents.

Better connectivity could actually make many of the houses in that area more valuable

I'm still surprised no one has launched a petition in favour of the bypass because if they No Lobby want to play a numbers game, they will lose spectacularly

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 00:42 - Nov 23 with 4328 viewsstonojnr

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 18:38 - Nov 22 by bournemouthblue

It will eventually get built

The No Lobby are banking on it getting delayed another 25 years

The gridlock in Town is getting ridiculous now, we seem to be having more and more closures all the time and it effects business

I'm staggered they don't believe there is a business case for it to be built

there isnt because it will never fix those problems of gridlock in the town, actually thats what the lower orwell crossing was designed to solve, but "the nimbys" didnt want it ;)

walk into town tomorrow around midday-1pm, felixstowe road, St helens street, norwich road,london road, the one way system by the docks, will all be backed up and yet the bridge will be fully open with traffic flowing freely on the A14.
I might not vote Conservative after all. on 08:05 - Nov 23 with 4154 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 00:42 - Nov 23 by stonojnr

there isnt because it will never fix those problems of gridlock in the town, actually thats what the lower orwell crossing was designed to solve, but "the nimbys" didnt want it ;)

walk into town tomorrow around midday-1pm, felixstowe road, St helens street, norwich road,london road, the one way system by the docks, will all be backed up and yet the bridge will be fully open with traffic flowing freely on the A14.

What do you class as backed up? I work right in the centre of town and have come in via all 3 of those routes - and even at rush hour none of them with the exception of Norwich Road (which weirdly seems to be more of a problem around Whitehouse) have ever really been a problem under normal traffic conditions. Small bit of backing up but that’s it - it’s only when there are roadworks or something has happened elsewhere that it’s a problem

That said there are a couple of areas on Ipswich that are problematic. Ransomes Europark end being one, and Bramford Road - which I agree a bypass wouldn’t change

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 08:16 - Nov 23 with 4122 viewsHerbivore

Them not building a road is your deal-breaker? You're okay with the dismantling of the NHS and public services, millions of people living in poverty, a cabinet and PM that are totally morally bankrupt, but them not wanting to build a road through green belt land is too much to take? Blimey.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 08:24 - Nov 23 with 4074 viewsWeWereZombies

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 22:14 - Nov 22 by baxterbasics

And that's how Suffolk got ruined...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 08:50 - Nov 23 with 4020 viewsbaxterbasics

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 08:16 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Them not building a road is your deal-breaker? You're okay with the dismantling of the NHS and public services, millions of people living in poverty, a cabinet and PM that are totally morally bankrupt, but them not wanting to build a road through green belt land is too much to take? Blimey.

That’s all BS though.

zip

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 09:01 - Nov 23 with 3963 viewsDubtractor

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 08:05 - Nov 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What do you class as backed up? I work right in the centre of town and have come in via all 3 of those routes - and even at rush hour none of them with the exception of Norwich Road (which weirdly seems to be more of a problem around Whitehouse) have ever really been a problem under normal traffic conditions. Small bit of backing up but that’s it - it’s only when there are roadworks or something has happened elsewhere that it’s a problem

That said there are a couple of areas on Ipswich that are problematic. Ransomes Europark end being one, and Bramford Road - which I agree a bypass wouldn’t change

Agreed.

Its only really a problem when there has been an incident. It is worse in the evening rush hour than the morning, but its just busy traffic at the end of the day.

Not sure I agree with his suggestion that the upper orwell crossing was the fix to it either - the fact that it was quietly put to bed after Gummer lost his seat should tell you something on that!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 09:16 - Nov 23 with 3919 viewsHerbivore

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 08:50 - Nov 23 by baxterbasics

That’s all BS though.

It's not though, is it? Look at all of the recent stats relating to the NHS, listen to the experiences of people working in the NHS, it's on its knees. I worked in the public sector and saw first hand how Tory cuts decimated services.

There are millions of people living in poverty in the UK, food bank use has gone through the roof and 3.9m children in the UK are living in poverty. You have a Home Secretary who smirks whilst denying that any of that is the government's fault, you have a government that unlawfully prorogued parliament and misled the Queen. Our PM has been sacked twice for lying, once as an MP and once as a journalist for falsifying quotes. A Tory supporting journalist is so worried about the lies Johnson tells that he's started up a website calling out the numerous lies that Johnson tells. There is no moral fibre in the PM or his cabinet.

All of this is not BS, it's all true. The fact you don't want to see it or it doesn't directly affect you doesn't make it untrue. If you're going to vote Tory at least do it with your eyes open and in full knowledge of the damage they've inflicted and continue to inflict.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 11:51 - Nov 23 with 3782 viewsbournemouthblue

I might not vote Conservative after all. on 00:42 - Nov 23 by stonojnr

I work off Wherstead Road and fail to see how the local infrastructure is going to handle the extra traffic off the bridge

All you're going to do is move one problem to another area of Town. I believe the County Council's own modelling saw a thousand extra vehicles along Cliff Lane every hour for example

I'm not actually against the Bridges per se but not at the expense of the Northern Bypass

As others have said, the traffic system just about works without roadworks but one set of road works somewhere in the Town will cause mayhem which shows just how fragile the road network is

The extra traffic on St Helens Street has been caused by making Back Hamlet One Way and funnelling traffic down Grove Lane whether people like it or not

The Star Lane Grimwade Street Junction is certainly a problem area if you want to head in Gainsborough direction

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024