Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does this interview from PL stand up after today? 18:43 - Nov 23 with 1674 viewsMullet

Lambert: The Crap That's Been Written Has Been Unbelievable 22nd Nov 2019 12:00
Boss Paul Lambert was pleased that Town’s FA Cup win at Lincoln on Wednesday finally laid to rest the ghost of the Blues’ woeful record in the competition but again hit back at some of the comment on his rotation policy. 21

His observation that Blackpool defended deep and that is something you wouldn't expect from them, seems a bit weak after that tirade prior to the game doesn't it?

Had he made today's changes to the line-up and formation and won, he'd be vindicated and rightly so. However, to slate the fanbase and local media like that and not receive much push back is interesting. I guess it's good will in the bank, over objectivity or one game in isolation.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 20:07 - Nov 23 with 1568 viewsJ2BLUE

I didn't care when MM gave a bit back and I don't care if Lambert does either but I think he's wrong. He knew the situation with the cups, we had hardly any games and yet we played a weakened side which meant we needed a replay. Same in FL trophy, i'm not expecting the entire first team but surely we have enough to take it seriously? How we could all use a trip to Wembley. The comments from the assistant manager seem to suggest that competition won't be taken seriously for the next couple of rounds should we progress.

I thought it was interesting when Downes said he feels like he hasn't played for months. There seemed little point to so much rotation in the last month.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 20:13 - Nov 23 with 1549 viewsGarv

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 20:07 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

I didn't care when MM gave a bit back and I don't care if Lambert does either but I think he's wrong. He knew the situation with the cups, we had hardly any games and yet we played a weakened side which meant we needed a replay. Same in FL trophy, i'm not expecting the entire first team but surely we have enough to take it seriously? How we could all use a trip to Wembley. The comments from the assistant manager seem to suggest that competition won't be taken seriously for the next couple of rounds should we progress.

I thought it was interesting when Downes said he feels like he hasn't played for months. There seemed little point to so much rotation in the last month.

You can argue both ways but a big argument in favour of Lambert’s policy is JD’s performance today. He’s played several games recently in the cup that he wouldn’t have done if we had played a full strength team. KVY’s injury is irrelevant.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 08:35 - Nov 24 with 1355 viewsMullet

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 20:13 - Nov 23 by Garv

You can argue both ways but a big argument in favour of Lambert’s policy is JD’s performance today. He’s played several games recently in the cup that he wouldn’t have done if we had played a full strength team. KVY’s injury is irrelevant.

Surely though he should have played instead of Edwards at RB by that logic though? I wouldn't be surprised if he's hoping to sell JD this window.

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 11:53 - Nov 24 with 1197 viewsMoriarty

Tuesday v Wycombe will have a bearing on the goodwill factor.

Win and he’s fine. Lose and it could be some hands drift towards daggers.

I’m not convinced by him but promotion is the target and we all want (and need) that. The squad, as it is, is strong enough to achieve that. Maybe a further loan or two in January but bar a big sale of Downes or Wolf, I can’t see much happening.

If and when we go up, there’s a different conversation then.

fka omuircheartaigh

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 12:16 - Nov 24 with 1166 viewsnodge_blue

Lets not start trying to push any wedge between manager and rest please. We've seen where that goes. We are second. We have a strong squad. Arguably we do have 2 players for every position and theres not much between them.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 1131 viewsLankHenners

Personally I think he talks a load of sh1te at times like all managers so not worth spending much energy over but he does seem unreasonably rankled by some very fair questions.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 14:29 - Nov 24 with 1075 viewsMullet

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 12:16 - Nov 24 by nodge_blue

Lets not start trying to push any wedge between manager and rest please. We've seen where that goes. We are second. We have a strong squad. Arguably we do have 2 players for every position and theres not much between them.

Blimey you could win a penalty with a leap like that. On the flipside insisting everything is brilliant and there shall be no questions let alone dissent, was something we saw even more recently to disastrous effect.

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 14:31 - Nov 24 with 1070 viewsMullet

How does this interview from PL stand up after today? on 12:35 - Nov 24 by LankHenners

Personally I think he talks a load of sh1te at times like all managers so not worth spending much energy over but he does seem unreasonably rankled by some very fair questions.

The "he hates Brenner" stuff a while back seems to have died down. It seems like such an odd tack to take however, he was rightly dampening down expectations prior to this. Now we're here and he's lashing out to relative silence, if he lasts any length of time god knows what the end will be like.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024