Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
andre's role 13:53 - Nov 24 with 1345 viewstextbackup

From what I hear/read Andre played pretty well vs Lincoln in a deeper role, spraying passes about and generally having more impact on the game, with that in mind i'd like to see a midfield two of him and downes given a go.

before anyone starts i'm not anti skuse, but I just think having him there to tidy up sometimes is a wasted opportunity and stops us taking control of the midfield and dominating games.

Downes can do what skuse does, already, and then has more to offer on top of that.

thinking back to Gillingham away (I didn't see this in real time, but on replays) but it was dozzells quick thinking and 50 yard ball into space that Jackson raced onto that got us the goal.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

andre's role on 14:06 - Nov 24 with 1294 viewsBluefish

Downes doesn't really do what Skuse does though. Andre needs to play that role for us but not many teams at this level play with a lightweight playmaker in that role. It is why andre is more suited to youth football or even the premier league or abroad. We would be in a mess without Skuse this season

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

andre's role on 14:09 - Nov 24 with 1288 viewsHerbivore

Think that midfield duo would get bullied out of the game to be honest. Not so much Flynn, he can handle himself, but as a combo I don't think it'd work. I think if we want to play Dozzer it needs to be in a three to compensate for his lack of physicality.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

andre's role on 14:19 - Nov 24 with 1273 viewsbournemouthblue

andre's role on 14:09 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Think that midfield duo would get bullied out of the game to be honest. Not so much Flynn, he can handle himself, but as a combo I don't think it'd work. I think if we want to play Dozzer it needs to be in a three to compensate for his lack of physicality.

Dozzell is obviously massively talented but certainly needs to fill out a bit and learn how to assert himself physically. He certainly isn't there yet, as good as he may well become.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

andre's role on 14:33 - Nov 24 with 1248 viewstextbackup

andre's role on 14:06 - Nov 24 by Bluefish

Downes doesn't really do what Skuse does though. Andre needs to play that role for us but not many teams at this level play with a lightweight playmaker in that role. It is why andre is more suited to youth football or even the premier league or abroad. We would be in a mess without Skuse this season

skuse has been decent for us this year, certainly not disagreeing with that.

I'm just not sure downes needs him next to him holding his hand through games, I think he's surpassed that level, as with wolf and chambers.

and if it were in a 442 wih judge on the right we become more narrow meaning Andre isn't left exposed in the middle..... I dunno, just thinking how we can try and dominate teams better as season progresses.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

andre's role on 15:30 - Nov 24 with 1161 viewsPilgrimblue

Skuse is ok but that's all. Yesterday we saw him aimlessly passing hoping there would be someone there! He needs to stop turn maybe move forwards and then find a pass.
I'd play Nolan and Downes together as first choice and have Skuse as back up. If we play 352 then Dozzel could be accommodated leaving KVY Judge and Garbutt to fight for the other two places. That would be my best 6 for midfield but PL must play 2 up front from now on so either Keane needs to find his form or a new signing is needed in January. Not sure Freddie is going to be available for a while.
andre's role on 15:38 - Nov 24 with 1125 viewsBluefish

andre's role on 15:30 - Nov 24 by Pilgrimblue

Skuse is ok but that's all. Yesterday we saw him aimlessly passing hoping there would be someone there! He needs to stop turn maybe move forwards and then find a pass.
I'd play Nolan and Downes together as first choice and have Skuse as back up. If we play 352 then Dozzel could be accommodated leaving KVY Judge and Garbutt to fight for the other two places. That would be my best 6 for midfield but PL must play 2 up front from now on so either Keane needs to find his form or a new signing is needed in January. Not sure Freddie is going to be available for a while.

If he had been signed by Lambert you lot would drool about him. He is class

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

andre's role on 19:11 - Nov 24 with 910 viewsRobTheSnob

andre's role on 15:38 - Nov 24 by Bluefish

If he had been signed by Lambert you lot would drool about him. He is class

Cheese surely
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024