Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective 20:21 - Nov 24 with 4704 viewsMaySixth

We really need a strong referee on Tuesday night
If we start the game like we did against Blackpool and get our noses in front we can outfootball them plus match their strength as well

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:04 - Nov 24 with 4602 viewsFtnfwest

Yes, several Luton supporting mates have moaned about them for the last few years after some incidents with Wycombe
Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:07 - Nov 24 with 4586 viewsMaySixth

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:04 - Nov 24 by Ftnfwest

Yes, several Luton supporting mates have moaned about them for the last few years after some incidents with Wycombe

I saw them last season a few times and their dark arts are truly a sight to behold.

They then claim that everyone moans as they are little old Wycombe but they are increidbly cynical.

There is no doubting that they are a good team though - they are top for a reason and know their strengths.

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:09 - Nov 24 with 4572 viewsFtnfwest

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:07 - Nov 24 by MaySixth

I saw them last season a few times and their dark arts are truly a sight to behold.

They then claim that everyone moans as they are little old Wycombe but they are increidbly cynical.

There is no doubting that they are a good team though - they are top for a reason and know their strengths.

Is akinfenwa still about? He was supposedly one of the worst
Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:13 - Nov 24 with 4549 viewsFixed_It

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:09 - Nov 24 by Ftnfwest

Is akinfenwa still about? He was supposedly one of the worst

They play 3 up front.

His name is Akinfenwa!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:15 - Nov 24 with 4537 viewsEly_Blue

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:13 - Nov 24 by Fixed_It

They play 3 up front.

His name is Akinfenwa!

And he was only on the bench yesterday so I would say they were saving him for Tuesday

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:18 - Nov 24 with 4526 viewsBasuco

We will need to perform better than we did against Rotherham, the last team to play the same way. Hopefully PL will have learnt from that game.
Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:27 - Nov 24 with 4492 viewsActionMan

They are a match made in hell for our side, especially with injuries starting to mount up. We should have played them earlier and taken the sting out of them, but they are everything we are not and the type of side we'll struggle against. I predict we'll lose and the wind firmly to be taken out of our sails now and I don't like to say it but our last month or so between league and Cup's we've been crud unfortunately.
Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:29 - Nov 24 with 4476 viewsMaySixth

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 21:27 - Nov 24 by ActionMan

They are a match made in hell for our side, especially with injuries starting to mount up. We should have played them earlier and taken the sting out of them, but they are everything we are not and the type of side we'll struggle against. I predict we'll lose and the wind firmly to be taken out of our sails now and I don't like to say it but our last month or so between league and Cup's we've been crud unfortunately.

I think we will win 1-0 and take on our good attacking performance from Saturday.

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 07:45 - Nov 25 with 4011 viewsITFC_Forever

Here comes a home defeat in which we spend ninety minutes punting the ball 70 yards forward and straight on to the heads of two man-mountain centre-backs.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 08:41 - Nov 25 with 3894 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

For all the reasons you have listed.

We will lose

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 08:44 - Nov 25 with 3889 viewsHerbivore

Turn it in, lads. I watched Wycombe the other week and they are crap, like most sides at this level. We should turn them over and I fully expect us to.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 08:51 - Nov 25 with 3864 viewsSomethingBlue

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 08:44 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

Turn it in, lads. I watched Wycombe the other week and they are crap, like most sides at this level. We should turn them over and I fully expect us to.

I'm broadly with you; very impressed by their start but many of their wins have come through staying in games and scrambling something. We do need to win tomorrow really but if we are anywhere close to our best we will.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 08:54 - Nov 25 with 3854 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 08:44 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

They are better than Blackpool and we couldn't turn them over.

Likewise; Fleetwood, Doncaster and all the other teams we haven't flattened this seasons. They are top of the league for a reason

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 09:54 - Nov 25 with 3739 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 08:54 - Nov 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

They are better than Blackpool and we couldn't turn them over.

Likewise; Fleetwood, Doncaster and all the other teams we haven't flattened this seasons. They are top of the league for a reason

We'll see. They aren't remotely special as a side and if we want to go up we ought to be beating them at home.

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 09:56 - Nov 25 with 3730 viewsMrTown

Think we'll struggle against these. Can see an early Wycombe goal and then fully organised shutting of the shop.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 09:58 - Nov 25 with 3718 viewsSwansea_Blue

Am I the only one still struggling to adjust to L1? I see talk of how we need to be worried about Wycombe and a little piece of me dies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 09:59 - Nov 25 with 3713 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 09:54 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

We'll see. They aren't remotely special as a side and if we want to go up we ought to be beating them at home.

We may beat them, I hope we do.

But the fact is, they are top of the league, have a good manager and as the OP said, effective. We should be beating them at home, but from what I have seen from us this season I am not confident.

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 10:02 - Nov 25 with 3688 viewsMrTown

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 09:58 - Nov 25 by Swansea_Blue

Am I the only one still struggling to adjust to L1? I see talk of how we need to be worried about Wycombe and a little piece of me dies.

That's the reality of where we are as a football club. Do think people have struggle to adjust to that though as you rightly say.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 10:03 - Nov 25 with 3682 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 09:58 - Nov 25 by Swansea_Blue

They aren't a very good side from the little I've seen of them. We shouldn't be crapping ourselves about Wycombe at home.

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 10:10 - Nov 25 with 3653 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 10:03 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

They aren't a very good side from the little I've seen of them. We shouldn't be crapping ourselves about Wycombe at home.

Nobody is crapping themselves. But to say we should be easily beating Wycombe when they are top is just strange considering we have struggled against teams in the top half of this league.

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 10:55 - Nov 25 with 3579 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 10:10 - Nov 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

Nobody is crapping themselves. But to say we should be easily beating Wycombe when they are top is just strange considering we have struggled against teams in the top half of this league.

We're better than them, we should be beating them at home. It's a simple as that really. If we don't beat them it will be a disappointing result.

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 22:27 - Nov 26 with 2690 viewsMaySixth

ok

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 22:34 - Nov 26 with 2618 viewsGeoffSentence

Wycombe are a horrible, physical, streetwise outfit but....effective on 22:27 - Nov 26 by MaySixth

ok

You called that one right.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024