Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need a centre forward 10:50 - Nov 25 with 5834 viewschicoazul

ASAP. A few people laughed at me for suggesting this a couple weeks ago but it is totally true. Keane bless him clearly can barely run, Norwood is in and out with injury or whatnot, and Jackson as we all know is good in behind but can't hold the ball up. Unless Folami steps up in a big way we are 1 injury away from being in dire straits.
INB4 someone says What about Sears; he is "months" away as of a week or so ago.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We need a centre forward on 10:52 - Nov 25 with 4628 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Daryl Murphy would have been good

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

We need a centre forward on 10:53 - Nov 25 with 4623 viewschicoazul

We need a centre forward on 10:52 - Nov 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

He was and is exactly what we need.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

We need a centre forward on 10:53 - Nov 25 with 4623 viewsMrTown

Leon Best.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We need a centre forward on 10:54 - Nov 25 with 4614 viewsSomethingBlue

Completely agree — a centre-forward and a winger for January would be very good. Rest of the team is functioning fairly well it seems, or at least has sufficient good options.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We need a centre forward on 10:59 - Nov 25 with 4602 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep.

When we were building the pressure in the second half of the game on Saturday, we lacked a killer instinct in their penalty box with no Norwood on the pitch and it ultimately cost us two points.

Keane is "on a journey" back to full fitness, but in the meantime, he offers nothing and is looking like another one of these non-scoring forwards we seem obsessed with buying.

As someone else said, Murphy would have been perfect for us this season.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 11:08]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Freddie reckons he's fit now..... on 11:02 - Nov 25 with 4574 viewsBloots

....they are "holding him back".

Which is probably sensible to be honest.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

We need a centre forward on 11:02 - Nov 25 with 4580 viewsDyland

Wow, you've said something sensible Chickers!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We need a centre forward on 11:04 - Nov 25 with 4575 viewsheavyweight

Connor Wickham
Login to get fewer ads

We need a centre forward on 11:09 - Nov 25 with 4547 viewsITFC_Forever

We need a centre forward on 11:04 - Nov 25 by heavyweight

Connor Wickham

That's not the most ridiculous thing ever said on here, other than the fact his wages are enormous.

We need a centre forward on 11:13 - Nov 25 with 4505 viewschicoazul

We need a centre forward on 11:02 - Nov 25 by Dyland

Wow, you've said something sensible Chickers!

SUQ

Freddie reckons he's fit now..... on 11:14 - Nov 25 with 4506 viewschicoazul

Freddie reckons he's fit now..... on 11:02 - Nov 25 by Bloots

I'd love to see him back properly before January. Knowing Lambert he will rotate him in and out for 3 months anyway.

We need a centre forward on 11:16 - Nov 25 with 4496 viewschicoazul

We need a centre forward on 10:59 - Nov 25 by ITFC_Forever

Yep.

When we were building the pressure in the second half of the game on Saturday, we lacked a killer instinct in their penalty box with no Norwood on the pitch and it ultimately cost us two points.

Keane is "on a journey" back to full fitness, but in the meantime, he offers nothing and is looking like another one of these non-scoring forwards we seem obsessed with buying.

As someone else said, Murphy would have been perfect for us this season.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 11:08]

Feel like Lambert very much wants fit and firing versions of Keane Huws and Dozzell next season for our glorious march back to the Prem, but we won't see much of them in the meantime.

We need a centre forward on 11:19 - Nov 25 with 4490 viewsSwansea_Blue

We need a centre forward on 11:09 - Nov 25 by ITFC_Forever

That's not the most ridiculous thing ever said on here, other than the fact his wages are enormous.

He shouldn't be on high wages - he's can't have played much more than a dozen or so games in the last 3 years. I know he's had an injury in that time but he's going to miss out on the peak of his career at this rate, which will be a shame. I'm not suggesting he comes here of course, but unless he doesn't want to play football (always possible if he'd rather just pick up a PL salary) he needs to find somewhere where he can play.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

lol on 11:20 - Nov 25 with 4480 viewsDyland

We need a centre forward on 11:13 - Nov 25 by chicoazul

SUQ

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We need a centre forward on 11:22 - Nov 25 with 4471 viewschicoazul

We need a centre forward on 11:19 - Nov 25 by Swansea_Blue

He shouldn't be on high wages - he's can't have played much more than a dozen or so games in the last 3 years. I know he's had an injury in that time but he's going to miss out on the peak of his career at this rate, which will be a shame. I'm not suggesting he comes here of course, but unless he doesn't want to play football (always possible if he'd rather just pick up a PL salary) he needs to find somewhere where he can play.

He's on about 50k a week at Palace.

We need a centre forward on 11:23 - Nov 25 with 4471 viewsDubtractor

Agreed and I've made the same point a few times. Another physical forward for when Norwood is missing is essential.

Jackson is fine but not an alternative for that role. Keane has been rubbish so far.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We're in the 3rd Division. (n/t) on 11:23 - Nov 25 with 4460 viewsBloots

We need a centre forward on 11:09 - Nov 25 by ITFC_Forever

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Freddie reckons he's fit now..... on 11:31 - Nov 25 with 4420 viewsSitfcB

Freddie reckons he's fit now..... on 11:02 - Nov 25 by Bloots

They should give him a run out v Coventry or Peterborough in the cups.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We need a centre forward on 11:34 - Nov 25 with 4402 viewsITFC_Forever

We need a centre forward on 11:19 - Nov 25 by Swansea_Blue

But he is.

In previous years for Palace, when he was fit, he scored some vital goals for them - kept them up single-handedly a few years ago, and off the back of that signed a long-term lucrative contract (4 and a half year contract signed in December 2014), which was extended in May this year to run to 2021.

Roy Keane (!) I think it was said that Wickham seems to enjoy living the life of a footballer, without doing much to actually be a footballer.

As you say, he's 26 now, will be 27 by the end of this season and should be in his prime - but his career will pass him by very quickly if he's not careful.

We need a centre forward on 11:54 - Nov 25 with 4350 viewschicoazul

We need a centre forward on 11:34 - Nov 25 by ITFC_Forever

But he is.

In previous years for Palace, when he was fit, he scored some vital goals for them - kept them up single-handedly a few years ago, and off the back of that signed a long-term lucrative contract (4 and a half year contract signed in December 2014), which was extended in May this year to run to 2021.

Roy Keane (!) I think it was said that Wickham seems to enjoy living the life of a footballer, without doing much to actually be a footballer.

As you say, he's 26 now, will be 27 by the end of this season and should be in his prime - but his career will pass him by very quickly if he's not careful.

I believe Keane was alluding to something which a few inside people have said about his time here; Wickham was always bigger stronger faster and basically better than everyone else right through the ranks. He never really had to try. That attitude doesnt help when you;re trying to crack the top flight (and obvs the injuries too).

Freddie reckons he's fit now..... on 11:55 - Nov 25 with 4336 viewschicoazul

Freddie reckons he's fit now..... on 11:31 - Nov 25 by SitfcB

They should give him a run out v Coventry or Peterborough in the cups.

Lambert is very risk-averse. I'd be surprised if we saw him before Xmas.

We need a centre forward on 12:26 - Nov 25 with 4228 viewsjontysnut

We need a centre forward on 11:23 - Nov 25 by Dubtractor

Agreed and I've made the same point a few times. Another physical forward for when Norwood is missing is essential.

Jackson is fine but not an alternative for that role. Keane has been rubbish so far.

yes - a physical presence up top gives defenders something else to think about and let's face it we haven't exactly got the players to pass it in
We need a centre forward on 12:29 - Nov 25 with 4210 viewsSwansea_Blue

We need a centre forward on 11:22 - Nov 25 by chicoazul

He's on about 50k a week at Palace.

Nuts innit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We need a centre forward on 14:45 - Nov 25 with 4043 viewsGeoffSentence

We need a centre forward on 11:23 - Nov 25 by Dubtractor

Roberts

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We need a centre forward on 14:49 - Nov 25 with 4027 viewsActionMan

We need a centre forward on 10:52 - Nov 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

Indeed, that may prove the be the most costly mistake of the season. We're probably paying Keane more than Murphy is getting at Bolton and at least Murphy knows where the goal is, then again Lambo was offered Murphy last season on loan and still hired Keane instead of him then so he's literally made that same mistake twice.

Keane so far is looking like a terrible signing. I think even Roberts would be better just from an energy perspective alongside Jackson than Keane is, hence why we'd rather go one up top then start Keane. He's literally got nothing to offer us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024