Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FSA having their say on flares 17:48 - Nov 25 with 1577 viewsMullet

Linking this unfortunate event to flares at football. I’m sure some will dismiss it because it’s not football, but imagine that happening at a game.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

FSA having their say on flares on 19:11 - Nov 25 with 1485 viewsReuser_is_God

A smoke bomb wouldn’t do this to someone.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

FSA having their say on flares on 19:20 - Nov 25 with 1472 viewsconnorscontract

FSA having their say on flares on 19:11 - Nov 25 by Reuser_is_God

Good point, smoke bombs at a gig would merely jeapordise the health of anyone nearby with severe asthma, or say somebody with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or maybe an individual with Mesothelioma who perhaps wanted to enjoy one last gig before their condition worsened.

But, I guess you might look all hench on Instagram or whatever, so why let Ticket terms and conditions or Licensing restrictions get in the way of an emotional photo?
FSA having their say on flares on 19:22 - Nov 25 with 1461 viewsconnorscontract

We don't have to imagine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24931711
FSA having their say on flares on 19:38 - Nov 25 with 1425 viewsbritbiker

What kind of moron throws a flare? He/she wouldn't throw the flare at someone next to them so why think its ok to lob it into a crowd.

Hope they get caught and put in front of a camera to try to emplain how clever they are.
FSA having their say on flares on 19:42 - Nov 25 with 1421 viewsbritbiker

FSA having their say on flares on 19:20 - Nov 25 by connorscontract

Good point, smoke bombs at a gig would merely jeapordise the health of anyone nearby with severe asthma, or say somebody with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or maybe an individual with Mesothelioma who perhaps wanted to enjoy one last gig before their condition worsened.

But, I guess you might look all hench on Instagram or whatever, so why let Ticket terms and conditions or Licensing restrictions get in the way of an emotional photo?

As someone who is about to change profession due to breathing issues I can confirm that smoke bombs do affect your breathing. Was unfortunately in the north stand catering area recently when some knob let one off.
FSA having their say on flares on 20:55 - Nov 25 with 1351 viewsGeoffSentence

People should not be allowed into the stadium unless their clothes have a fire safety certificate.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

FSA having their say on flares on 21:00 - Nov 25 with 1340 viewsEly_Blue

FSA having their say on flares on 19:42 - Nov 25 by britbiker

As someone who is about to change profession due to breathing issues I can confirm that smoke bombs do affect your breathing. Was unfortunately in the north stand catering area recently when some knob let one off.

“Yeah but the north stand isn’t an I closed area” (or as I was told when i had a moan the other week)

They are banned for good reason

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

FSA having their say on flares on 21:06 - Nov 25 with 1321 viewsMullet

FSA having their say on flares on 21:00 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

“Yeah but the north stand isn’t an I closed area” (or as I was told when i had a moan the other week)

They are banned for good reason

That was a discussion about smoke bombs. The FSA are clearly pre-empting the sort of behaviour at LG's gigs judging by these tweets.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

FSA having their say on flares on 21:10 - Nov 25 with 1318 viewsSwansea_Blue

FSA having their say on flares on 20:55 - Nov 25 by GeoffSentence

People should not be allowed into the stadium unless their clothes have a fire safety certificate.

And inflammable tits by the looks of it.

Edit - lol Freudian auto-correct. I meant inflammable, obviously, but I’ll take inflatable just for comic value.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 21:12]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FSA having their say on flares on 21:18 - Nov 25 with 1288 viewsblueislander

FSA having their say on flares on 19:11 - Nov 25 by Reuser_is_God

Just banzt innit?
FSA having their say on flares on 00:07 - Nov 26 with 1204 viewsMelford

FSA having their say on flares on 19:38 - Nov 25 by britbiker

What kind of moron throws a flare? He/she wouldn't throw the flare at someone next to them so why think its ok to lob it into a crowd.

Hope they get caught and put in front of a camera to try to emplain how clever they are.

It was an indoor arena as well, that's beyond stupid. Could have burnt the place down https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Station_nightclub_fire

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

FSA having their say on flares on 10:51 - Nov 26 with 1052 viewsKeaneish

FSA having their say on flares on 19:20 - Nov 25 by connorscontract

In the spirit of objectivity, can you not wear a mask? After all, who reads ticket terms and licensing restrictions and its pretty difficult to search tens of thousands of people thoroughly.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

FSA having their say on flares on 11:25 - Nov 26 with 1013 viewsbritbiker

FSA having their say on flares on 10:51 - Nov 26 by Keaneish

In the spirit of objectivity, can you not wear a mask? After all, who reads ticket terms and licensing restrictions and its pretty difficult to search tens of thousands of people thoroughly.

I'm kind of hoping this was ssid in jest otherwise why worry about any type of fume or pollutant, including car based emissions as we could all just wear masks.

China appears to be going down that route where the population of some of their towns always wear masks if outside.
FSA having their say on flares on 11:38 - Nov 26 with 1001 viewsKeaneish

FSA having their say on flares on 11:25 - Nov 26 by britbiker

I'm kind of hoping this was ssid in jest otherwise why worry about any type of fume or pollutant, including car based emissions as we could all just wear masks.

China appears to be going down that route where the population of some of their towns always wear masks if outside.

It kind of was. I completely empathise with those who are subjected to it who have respiratory issues although I'm not a fan of banning them. I'd rather we actually invented a safe alternative (i enjoy the atmosphere they create) but that's the entrepreneur in me.

Reality is that until there's legislation, young lads (typically) will always find a way to get them in to events so what's the alternative other than safety precautions? To Mullet's point though, it's impossible to safe guard against misuse and negligence.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

FSA having their say on flares on 11:40 - Nov 26 with 996 viewshampstead_blue

I can't imagine why anyone would light a flare in a crowded space like that!
Got to be some serious consequences.

Last time I saw a flare at a game was Posh away under Keane. A long time ago.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024