Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? 18:06 - Nov 25 with 1921 viewsNewcyBlue

Mine have finally come back from the negotiations with a worse deal, and their advice is “that’s the best we can get”.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they also went in to DFS and came out having paid full price for a sofa in the sale.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 18:13 - Nov 25 with 1893 viewsfooters

It's almost as if trades unions simply represent working people in collective bargaining agreements and aren't sinister covens hellbent on destroying capitalism by any means necessary.

P.S. Sorry to hear things didn't work out, buh. What were the issues, if you don't mind me being nosy?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 18:14]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 18:18 - Nov 25 with 1870 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What you need is a proper worker syndicalist grouping not fat cat union salaried types!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 18:27 - Nov 25 with 1845 viewsNewcyBlue

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 18:13 - Nov 25 by footers

It's almost as if trades unions simply represent working people in collective bargaining agreements and aren't sinister covens hellbent on destroying capitalism by any means necessary.

P.S. Sorry to hear things didn't work out, buh. What were the issues, if you don't mind me being nosy?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 18:14]

Worse study leave for gaining superior tickets. Completely removing paying fees for studying for Masters and Chief Engineers Unlimited tickets. People studying for Chief Officer or 2nd Engineers unlimited tickets will have it paid for but not be given study leave, they will now need to complete it during the leave that they have earned at sea.
Changed salary date from a regular date to last working day.
Pay freeze.
Rescinded the agreement that Brits could sail on our Danish flagged ships, as the Danish union don’t recognise our CBA, which wasn’t a problem. But it is now.

I pay £24 a month for a magazine basically.

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 18:39 - Nov 25 with 1800 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 18:27 - Nov 25 by NewcyBlue

Worse study leave for gaining superior tickets. Completely removing paying fees for studying for Masters and Chief Engineers Unlimited tickets. People studying for Chief Officer or 2nd Engineers unlimited tickets will have it paid for but not be given study leave, they will now need to complete it during the leave that they have earned at sea.
Changed salary date from a regular date to last working day.
Pay freeze.
Rescinded the agreement that Brits could sail on our Danish flagged ships, as the Danish union don’t recognise our CBA, which wasn’t a problem. But it is now.

I pay £24 a month for a magazine basically.

Something about the markets Newcy...I was reminiscing with my merchant navy football pal about the good old days when they came out with the nurses just this week.....twtd! ( hardly any nurses left now....just health care professionals....who don't care like they used to in many instances now..)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 20:23]

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:03 - Nov 25 with 1759 viewsBlueBadger

Your union isn't the Royal College of Nursing by any chance?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:03 - Nov 25 with 1758 viewsDarth_Koont

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 18:39 - Nov 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Something about the markets Newcy...I was reminiscing with my merchant navy football pal about the good old days when they came out with the nurses just this week.....twtd! ( hardly any nurses left now....just health care professionals....who don't care like they used to in many instances now..)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 20:23]

To be fair to healthcare professionals, because that's what they are, I don't think many of them have as much time to care ... not the "tea and sympathy" care in laymen's terms anyway.

All the ones I know are trying to keep their heads above water delivering a high standard of clinical care without the time or resources to really support that. It's a wonder they have the time or energy for any sympathetic human contact at all.

And they do care massively about the patients and helping them which is why most are appalled at how the NHS is supported when it's not being kicked about as a political/ideological football.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:09 - Nov 25 with 1745 viewsNewcyBlue

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:03 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

Your union isn't the Royal College of Nursing by any chance?

Do they take care of seamen?!

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:52 - Nov 25 with 1719 viewsfactual_blue

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:09 - Nov 25 by NewcyBlue

I have been told there are films in which nurses take care of seamen

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 20:30 - Nov 25 with 1695 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:03 - Nov 25 by Darth_Koont

To be fair to healthcare professionals, because that's what they are, I don't think many of them have as much time to care ... not the "tea and sympathy" care in laymen's terms anyway.

All the ones I know are trying to keep their heads above water delivering a high standard of clinical care without the time or resources to really support that. It's a wonder they have the time or energy for any sympathetic human contact at all.

And they do care massively about the patients and helping them which is why most are appalled at how the NHS is supported when it's not being kicked about as a political/ideological football.

The longer serving ones are fully aware of falling standards, for the reasons you mention, and find it professionally embarassing....there are also many younger ones fully interacting with their phones on night shift, happy on zero hour contracts because they "don't have to do the weekend" that have not a care at all about unions and such like.
Not a scientific sample but brought to you by the school of phenomenology!

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 20:35 - Nov 25 with 1672 viewsMullet

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 19:09 - Nov 25 by NewcyBlue

Only the ones who work in the clinics I assume

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 20:38 - Nov 25 with 1664 viewsblueislander

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 20:30 - Nov 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

The longer serving ones are fully aware of falling standards, for the reasons you mention, and find it professionally embarassing....there are also many younger ones fully interacting with their phones on night shift, happy on zero hour contracts because they "don't have to do the weekend" that have not a care at all about unions and such like.
Not a scientific sample but brought to you by the school of phenomenology!

I assume that those observation are from your personal experience? For what it’s worth, mine is quite different.
Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 21:55 - Nov 25 with 1615 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 20:38 - Nov 25 by blueislander

I assume that those observation are from your personal experience? For what it’s worth, mine is quite different.

Mine and observations of a close friend 10 years ago compared to now....not knocking anyone but things ain't what they were.....I know who I blame!

Edit... lack of familiarity with specific wards is a real concern.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 21:57]

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 22:49 - Nov 25 with 1569 viewsBluefish

But some people still pay them a portion of their salary every month because they believe that they need them. It is quite simply a legalised protection racket

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 03:02 - Nov 26 with 1494 viewsNewcyBlue

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 22:49 - Nov 25 by Bluefish

But some people still pay them a portion of their salary every month because they believe that they need them. It is quite simply a legalised protection racket

As ever, your insight into the matter has been inspiring and thought provoking.

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 07:00 - Nov 26 with 1405 viewsBluefish

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 03:02 - Nov 26 by NewcyBlue

As ever, your insight into the matter has been inspiring and thought provoking.

I should charge £10 per month for it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Who was it that was concerned about the sway of the unions? on 07:24 - Nov 26 with 1391 viewshampstead_blue

I am one of those who am not a fan of the Unions. If you look at the likes of McClusky and strip away the gumph, they have a huge appetite to get one over on business and will do anything in their gift to make business suffer. They would have the Royal Mail striking over Christmas.

It's a shame you've not got a good outcome. Lifelong learning is really important.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024