Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow night 19:00 - Nov 25 with 1179 viewslmfcblue

I’d go with 4.2.3.1 if Norwood fit
Norris
Donacien. Wolf. Chambo. Garbutt

Downes. Skuse

Jackson. Nolan. Judge
Norwood
Tomorrow night on 19:21 - Nov 25 with 1148 viewsDubtractor

Largely agree with that.

KVY clearly the better full back, but I think a bit of muscle in the back line will be important tomorrow night.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tomorrow night on 19:27 - Nov 25 with 1135 viewsIllinoisblue

didn't Phil's preview already suggest Wolfy will be rotated out for Wilson?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tomorrow night on 20:39 - Nov 25 with 1104 viewslmfcblue

Tomorrow night on 19:21 - Nov 25 by Dubtractor

Largely agree with that.

KVY clearly the better full back, but I think a bit of muscle in the back line will be important tomorrow night.

I thought KVY would be injured but still think Donacien played well enough to keep his shirt. (Even though PL doesn’t operate like that)
Tomorrow night on 21:02 - Nov 25 with 1073 viewsKeaneish

Tomorrow night on 19:27 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

didn't Phil's preview already suggest Wolfy will be rotated out for Wilson?

Terrible shout if true. No need to rotate tomorrow night especially given it’s the FA Cup this weekend. I’d make some changes but not for rotations sake.

Huws and Judge in - Edwards and Skuse out.
KVY and Norwood too if fit.
If Norwood’s not fit I’d start Keane and use Jackson from the bench.
Wycombe will tire quicker than us so a fresh Jackson could be opportune later on.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tomorrow night on 21:05 - Nov 25 with 1068 viewsIllinoisblue

Tomorrow night on 21:02 - Nov 25 by Keaneish

Terrible shout if true. No need to rotate tomorrow night especially given it’s the FA Cup this weekend. I’d make some changes but not for rotations sake.

Huws and Judge in - Edwards and Skuse out.
KVY and Norwood too if fit.
If Norwood’s not fit I’d start Keane and use Jackson from the bench.
Wycombe will tire quicker than us so a fresh Jackson could be opportune later on.

agree it doesn't make a lot of sense on the face of it. I wonder if the desire to keep everyone in the squad happy is going to backfire on us at some point. And that's not a dig at Wilson who's done well. BUt if Wolfy doesn't put a foot wrong on Saturday, why drop him on Tuesday.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tomorrow night on 21:14 - Nov 25 with 1059 viewsblueislander

Tomorrow night on 21:05 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

agree it doesn't make a lot of sense on the face of it. I wonder if the desire to keep everyone in the squad happy is going to backfire on us at some point. And that's not a dig at Wilson who's done well. BUt if Wolfy doesn't put a foot wrong on Saturday, why drop him on Tuesday.

Without doubt Woolfy is the best footballer of our central defenders. However I could see Lambert’s thinking if he played Wilson for his physical presence. Personally I would play A 3-5-2 with our best footballers in midfield i.e. Downes, Dozzell, Huws, I expect that people will say that is not physical enough, particularly against Wycombe.
Tomorrow night on 21:23 - Nov 25 with 1054 viewsKeaneish

Tomorrow night on 21:05 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

Completely agree. There’s only so long squad rotation lasts before some get disgruntled. Although it’s about the team, players want to play and individuals want plaudits and accolades. If you know you’re not playing well enough, it’s actually easier knowing you need to improve. If you’re playing well and have no idea when you might start or get subbed off irrespective of whether you’re playing well, it’s frustrating.

If PL opts for team tombola again tomorrow, I think I’ll lose a bit of heart in this approach and philosophy. We should be refining and tweaking the squad not still searching for our best eleven and looking for combinations of selections - use the cup for that.

Tomorrow night absolutely HAS to be PL’s strongest starting line-up, surely? I bet no one on here could call it though.

Tomorrow night on 21:42 - Nov 25 with 1019 viewslmfcblue

Tomorrow night on 21:23 - Nov 25 by Keaneish

Completely agree. There’s only so long squad rotation lasts before some get disgruntled. Although it’s about the team, players want to play and individuals want plaudits and accolades. If you know you’re not playing well enough, it’s actually easier knowing you need to improve. If you’re playing well and have no idea when you might start or get subbed off irrespective of whether you’re playing well, it’s frustrating.

If PL opts for team tombola again tomorrow, I think I’ll lose a bit of heart in this approach and philosophy. We should be refining and tweaking the squad not still searching for our best eleven and looking for combinations of selections - use the cup for that.

Tomorrow night absolutely HAS to be PL’s strongest starting line-up, surely? I bet no one on here could call it though.

Need to forget about the Rotation forget about tired legs in April just deal with the game ahead of you. Nothing worse as a player knowing that even if you have a blinder you could be left out the next game.
Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow night on 22:05 - Nov 25 with 983 viewsKeaneish

Tomorrow night on 21:42 - Nov 25 by lmfcblue

Need to forget about the Rotation forget about tired legs in April just deal with the game ahead of you. Nothing worse as a player knowing that even if you have a blinder you could be left out the next game.

Bielsa trimmed his squad right down last season and only used a smattering of other squad players when others were injured or unfit. Their work rate all season was immense week in week out. Ultimately they came up short and had a big injury list at times but the the slump toward the end of the season was largely due to experience according to most.

Again, Watford has a great season and made the FA Cup final without using many players and Leicester are doing the same this season. Time will tell but I don’t really buy squad rotation as a philosophy. Do it periodically during busy schedules but not obligatorily.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024