Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? 15:12 - Nov 26 with 1019 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Not suggesting it's as simple as Woolfy ending up at a Premier League club in a few years, a lot can happen.

But I am struggling to find a weakness in Luke's game and we should be getting a lot more excited about him than we probably are.

He wins his share of aerial battles, wins tackles, reads the game well and his positioning is good. He is capable of pinging a 50 yard pass to feet, he looks calm and composed, recycles play well and on Saturday he even ended up by the opposition corner flag beating players and getting into the box, as well as scooping an audacious perfect pass over an opponent closing him down.

Webster was a class act. You could tell early on from when he joined us from Pompey, a side doing well in League One, exactly where we are.

He may not go on to the same heights as Webster, but looking at how good he already is and how quickly, he should be raved about.

A few people have said they fear for us if we go up to the Championship that it'll be back to more of the same lower table struggling, but with the likes of Downes and Woolfenden, there's the potential for those two alone to really step up and continue their development even further by being very good Championship players.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:14 - Nov 26 with 912 viewsSomethingBlue

Webster was & is probably a bit better at bringing the ball out and getting involved further up the pitch but you are right, Woolfenden has pushed on more than I (for one) had thought possible and looks a huge asset at the moment.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:19 - Nov 26 with 890 viewschicoazul

Height.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:24 - Nov 26 with 868 viewscatch74

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:19 - Nov 26 by chicoazul

Height.

How tall is he? Always thought he was about 6ft. Wikipedia have him and Webster at the same height - 6ft 3, can’t be right?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:26 - Nov 26 with 861 viewshomer_123

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:14 - Nov 26 by SomethingBlue

Webster was & is probably a bit better at bringing the ball out and getting involved further up the pitch but you are right, Woolfenden has pushed on more than I (for one) had thought possible and looks a huge asset at the moment.

Woolfy ended up right wing Saturday and skinned their left back.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 16:27]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:48 - Nov 26 with 795 viewsKieran_Knows

So what is Woolfenden missing that Webster had at a similar age? on 16:26 - Nov 26 by homer_123

Woolfy ended up right wing Saturday and skinned their left back.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 16:27]

Say's a lot for Rowe, Edwards & Judge.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024