Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone actually read the manifesto 11:49 - Nov 27 with 2311 viewsclive_baker

Of the party they're planning on voting for?

Just occurred to me yesterday as I read 107 pages of platitude filled, vacuous Labour BS on my train to football.

I'm going to vote Green.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 11:56 - Nov 27 with 2288 viewshomer_123

Not all of both Labour and Tory.

Issue I have is simple, where I vote the Tories have a majority of around 16 or so thousand....my vote here simply doesn't count.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:05 - Nov 27 with 2271 viewsJ2BLUE

Is that a wasted vote?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:08 - Nov 27 with 2263 viewsBloomBlue

I did during one GE and then realised every party had changed their minds within 6 months of the GE and came to the conclusion every manifesto is a lie.
Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:10 - Nov 27 with 2253 viewsclive_baker

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:05 - Nov 27 by J2BLUE

Is that a wasted vote?

No such thing IMO brother. Although they won't 'win', the mainstream parties form policies on the evident will of people. Vote winners. Look at UKIP, although they never got into power they forced the Brexit agenda on the Tories. I would love 10% of the population to vote Green.

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:12 - Nov 27 with 2243 viewsJ2BLUE

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:10 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

No such thing IMO brother. Although they won't 'win', the mainstream parties form policies on the evident will of people. Vote winners. Look at UKIP, although they never got into power they forced the Brexit agenda on the Tories. I would love 10% of the population to vote Green.

Usually I would agree but I think 'we' (anti Tories) need MPs this time. Not sure votes are enough at this election. Can't see Boris taking any notice of green votes.

Truly impaired.

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:13 - Nov 27 with 2244 viewsDarth_Koont

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:05 - Nov 27 by J2BLUE

Is that a wasted vote?

It is if you actually want Green policies any time soon. Vote Labour.

I agree with George here re: bringing in the Greens anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/27/planet-vote-labour-greens-

Pronouns: He/Him

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:59 - Nov 27 with 2210 viewsFtnfwest

no but several parties expect the country to vote in a referendum where the population has read a 500+ page 'deal' document
Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 13:05 - Nov 27 with 2190 viewsJimmyJazz

Don't most voters just vote for who they usually vote for? It's a bit like a loyal football fan buying a season ticket every season regardless of anything that might suggest they do otherwise - might seem a trite comparison but i'm sure that's how some voters see things

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 13:56 - Nov 27 with 2160 viewsGuthrum

Not yet, but I have looked into the candidates who will be standing in this seat. Which has quite a lot of bearing upon who I vote for.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 13:58 - Nov 27 with 2153 viewsBluefish

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 12:12 - Nov 27 by J2BLUE

Usually I would agree but I think 'we' (anti Tories) need MPs this time. Not sure votes are enough at this election. Can't see Boris taking any notice of green votes.

Which way did you vote in the referendum?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 2147 viewsJ2BLUE

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 13:58 - Nov 27 by Bluefish

Which way did you vote in the referendum?

I voted out and have since realised it was a very stupid thing to do.

Truly impaired.

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:10 - Nov 27 with 2122 viewsclive_baker

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:03 - Nov 27 by J2BLUE

What was your reasoning at the time?

I agree with you, leaving the EU would be a stupid thing to do. Having said that, a Corbyn led Labour majority is a greater risk to the UK by way of business and job creation than Brexit.

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:13 - Nov 27 with 2113 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:10 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

I agree with you, leaving the EU would be a stupid thing to do. Having said that, a Corbyn led Labour majority is a greater risk to the UK by way of business and job creation than Brexit.

Skimmed manifestos and considered the candidates, the Tory one being the person who said that the Benefits Street people should be put down!

Edit - not sure what happened there, meant to be a reply to the OP
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 14:23]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:16 - Nov 27 with 2102 viewsfooters

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:10 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

What's your evidence for that? Most in the City are far more concerned about the impacts of Brexit than a Labour government.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:20 - Nov 27 with 2085 viewsBigManBlue

I'm voting Tory because they had more pictures.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:22 - Nov 27 with 2084 viewsBluefish

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:03 - Nov 27 by J2BLUE

A leave voter that now has the politcal stance of anti Tory. Impressive stuff I must follow you closely on politics on the future.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:27 - Nov 27 with 2062 viewsZedRodgers

Fancy telling us about the great substance you found in the Green manifesto then?

No, not at the moment

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:29 - Nov 27 with 2057 viewsfooters

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:27 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

Fancy telling us about the great substance you found in the Green manifesto then?

Dope?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 15:39 - Nov 27 with 1980 viewsclive_baker

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 14:16 - Nov 27 by footers

What's your evidence for that? Most in the City are far more concerned about the impacts of Brexit than a Labour government.

Among the businesses in the City that I work alongside daily, that's certainly not the consensus right now. I think there are sufficient reasons to believe both will be damaging to the UK economy, and to foreign investment. I've heard some real horror stories over the past couple of weeks.

Has anyone actually read the manifesto on 17:38 - Nov 27 with 1925 viewsActionMan

A better question is did they read and then believe it? If the answers yes please do not vote.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024