Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC 16:41 - Nov 27 with 4187 viewsZedRodgers

It’s getting silly now. This is a step beyond the doctored news footage.

No, not at the moment

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:45 - Nov 27 with 2798 viewschicoazul

Fail to see why whether "Boris" is interviewed or not by the BBC should affect whether the Maximum Leader is.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:46 - Nov 27 with 2788 viewsBluefish

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:45 - Nov 27 by chicoazul

Fail to see why whether "Boris" is interviewed or not by the BBC should affect whether the Maximum Leader is.

I think the word is deflection

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:57 - Nov 27 with 2741 viewsDarth_Koont

Because everyone looks bad in an Andrew Neil interview: Neil, the interviewee and you for watching it.

Why would you agree to that if the others weren't even going to do it?

Pronouns: He/Him

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:59 - Nov 27 with 2724 viewschicoazul

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:57 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Because everyone looks bad in an Andrew Neil interview: Neil, the interviewee and you for watching it.

We all look bad for watching interviews where politicians are subject to discomforting questions? How very Marxist of you.

Oh wait, he tore Nicola a new one the other night didn't he.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:00 - Nov 27 with 2714 viewsgiant_stow

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:57 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Hey! Agreed!

No one's going to come out of Neil interview well - he even used to rip into his sofa guests on This Week when he didn;t like the cut of their gib.

Presumably Labour would have never agreed to it for Corbyn if Boris wasn't doing one too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:08 - Nov 27 with 2665 viewsZedRodgers

If it’s true the BBC told Labour that Johnson had confirmed when he hadn’t, then we have a problem.

They should have filmed them all over a short space of time and only release once all interviews had been filmed.

I would imagine it’s not a breach of Ofcom’s election impartiality rules as the party potentially omitted from coverage are choosing to do so themselves.

However, given the nature of Neil’s interviews, this really shouldn’t have been allowed to happen.

No, not at the moment

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:09 - Nov 27 with 2654 viewsgiant_stow

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:08 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

If it’s true the BBC told Labour that Johnson had confirmed when he hadn’t, then we have a problem.

They should have filmed them all over a short space of time and only release once all interviews had been filmed.

I would imagine it’s not a breach of Ofcom’s election impartiality rules as the party potentially omitted from coverage are choosing to do so themselves.

However, given the nature of Neil’s interviews, this really shouldn’t have been allowed to happen.

As big man blue says on the other thread: empty chair him.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:11 - Nov 27 with 2638 viewschicoazul

Maybe "Boris" said he would then decided not to?

Login to get fewer ads

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:12 - Nov 27 with 2636 viewsblueislander

The fact that left wing supporters think that the BBC is biased towards the right, and vice versa suggests to me that they are reasonably balanced.
Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:15 - Nov 27 with 2618 viewsBlueBadger

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:12 - Nov 27 by blueislander

The fact that left wing supporters think that the BBC is biased towards the right, and vice versa suggests to me that they are reasonably balanced.

Boris might bottle Neil interview by BlueBadger 27 Nov 2019 16:14
I don't think that the problem with the beeb is 'bias' as more false equivalence. Hence why stories about climate change, vaccinations, etc, etc frequently feature climate change deniers, anti-vaxxers as well as actual people who know what they're talking about as if there's equal weight to both arguments when there isn't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:16 - Nov 27 with 2613 viewsBluefish

So what you are saying is that labour have massively fooked up and now they want to cry about it. Corbz isn't supposed to have anything to hide so he should have just tried to answer the questions

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:18 - Nov 27 with 2597 viewsgiant_stow

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:12 - Nov 27 by blueislander

Normally, I’d agree with that, but if Boris weasels out of this interview, Labour have a very genuine grievance

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:18 - Nov 27 with 2590 viewsZedRodgers

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:09 - Nov 27 by giant_stow

Sorry, didn’t notice the other thread.

No, not at the moment

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:19 - Nov 27 with 2589 viewsSwansea_Blue

Standard tactic they've used with Johnson ever since they've realised he's a liability. He didn't make many appearances during the leadership election either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:20 - Nov 27 with 2580 viewsgiant_stow

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:18 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

Sorry, didn’t notice the other thread.

Not a disaster!

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:20 - Nov 27 with 2580 viewsDarth_Koont

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:59 - Nov 27 by chicoazul

We all look bad for watching interviews where politicians are subject to discomforting questions? How very Marxist of you.

Not really, no.

He seems to be the "original host" for our disingenuous politics and media. With bad faith interviews you just have to endure.

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:26 - Nov 27 with 2547 viewsGeoffSentence

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:09 - Nov 27 by giant_stow

How do you do that with a one on one interview?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:37 - Nov 27 with 2505 viewsgiant_stow

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:26 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

How do you do that with a one on one interview?

Kay Burley managed it. Maybe it would have to be shorter.

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:43 - Nov 27 with 2470 viewsvapour_trail

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 16:59 - Nov 27 by chicoazul

He tore nicola a new one.

How delightful.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:04 - Nov 27 with 2390 viewsNo9

Daytime BBC radio has been appalling this week.
Virtually nothing about the tory manifesto
Very, very one sided
Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:05 - Nov 27 with 2386 viewschicoazul

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:20 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Not really, no.

He seems to be the "original host" for our disingenuous politics and media. With bad faith interviews you just have to endure.

Bad faith looool

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:07 - Nov 27 with 2380 viewslegally_blue

Would you be saying the same in the Corbyn interview had gone well? Suspect not....
Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:10 - Nov 27 with 2360 viewscaught-in-limbo

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 17:20 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Not really, no.

You're bringing a bit of reason to this thread and starting seeing through what's going on.

TWTD is full of left v right party politics threads at the moment. It's the same people spouting the same talking points as usual, though I'm not sure anyone else is really interested. I suppose the idea is to promote the idea that we have a vibrant democracy; we don't.

Once upon a time in this country we voted in line with family tradition (as much as anything else) but official based on manifesto promises.

Those days are gone. Political advisers have learnt that policies are pretty useless. Why outline a policy when a policy can be attacked? Best to just publish meaningless slogans. They can't be attacked in the same way.

But how do politicians engage us sufficiently in order that we vote?

That's easy. It's the US2016 model: Trump v Hillary - create two detestable candidates where your vote is no longer about what you want, but what you don't want.

Why do that?

I think the idea is to lose faith in democracy. People are starting to wake up to the idea that our democracy is rubbish right now. But what normal people want is better democracy, not less democracy!

I'm seeing a steady breakdown of family values and greater state control of the family, greater policing powers, fears of foreign powers, and all manner of suppression of free speech. It really doesn't look healthy at all.

The idea is to make Westminster appear so chaotic, we'll soon be demanding greater order and security. Déjà vu, anyone?

The BBC and the mainstream press at large is doing nothing to keep our democracy strong. They have failed in their duty to act as a fourth estate.

In fact, the UK media is more "5th column" than "4th estate" right now.

Unfortunately, very few people can see that because we are conditioned into getting our opinions from the very bodies who are at the root of the problem.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:12 - Nov 27 with 2346 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:07 - Nov 27 by legally_blue

Would you be saying the same in the Corbyn interview had gone well? Suspect not....

Even more so .... obviously.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:13 - Nov 27 with 2343 viewsDarth_Koont

Something deeply concerning going on at the BBC on 18:05 - Nov 27 by chicoazul

Bad faith looool

Yep. Your middle name.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024