Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic 22:11 - Nov 27 with 9239 viewsWacko

And a Tory at that:

(Apols if posted already)

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:16 - Nov 27 with 4220 viewsBloomBlue

A few Jews supported Hilter but that didn't make gassing 6 million Jews acceptable
Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:19 - Nov 27 with 4208 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:16 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

A few Jews supported Hilter but that didn't make gassing 6 million Jews acceptable

Please explain your point. Did you watch the clip?

Are you deliberately comparing Corbyn with Hitler?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:19 - Nov 27 with 4206 viewsMattinLondon

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:16 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

And todays prize for an over-the-top reaction goes to....
Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:20 - Nov 27 with 4194 viewsDubtractor

You're usually a decent poster, but by christ that is a fookwitted post.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:26 - Nov 27 with 4179 viewsBloomBlue

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:19 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please explain your point. Did you watch the clip?

Are you deliberately comparing Corbyn with Hitler?

Nope I would never compare him to hilter. My point is simply saying a few Jewish people dont believe someone is anti semitic is no excuse for what is happening.
Too many people are trying to excuse it rather than trying to fix the issue.
Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:30 - Nov 27 with 4158 viewsFootballpete

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:26 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

Nope I would never compare him to hilter. My point is simply saying a few Jewish people dont believe someone is anti semitic is no excuse for what is happening.

What does your crass and factually incorrect comment do to fix the issue?

It may even appear to some that you don’t actually care about the issue at all, but find it useful to attack a political party that you don’t like.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:34 - Nov 27 with 4138 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:26 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

Perhaps people are accepting that Corbyn is doing something about it?

Certainly more than Islamophobia in the Conservative Party where the very man who said Muslim women are walking letterboxes claims that "we take a zero-tolerance approach … we have a one bounce and we deal with it approach to this" without actually resigning.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:35 - Nov 27 with 4124 viewsBloomBlue

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:30 - Nov 27 by Footballpete

What does your crass and factually incorrect comment do to fix the issue?

It may even appear to some that you don’t actually care about the issue at all, but find it useful to attack a political party that you don’t like.

Far from it and if you want to know I do like Labour what I dont like like is it has a major problem which could be easily be resolved, plus too many people like to justify it. But what actually do know is the fear some Jewish people actually feel at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:36 - Nov 27 with 4126 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting. I honestly don't know where to sit with all of this. There seems to be a lot of evidence that there's a problem. At least sufficient for the EHRC to insist on a full investigation. That has to be taken at face value and we need that report. On the flip side, two investigations so far have not equivocally said that they are antisemitic (but have raised concerns, and one of those has been critisesed, although politicking may come into that).

I'm waiting for the full inquiry report,. Bercow's viewscan't be dismissed out of hand though. And the Labour manifesto isn't one of a systematic antisemitic party either (words easier than action though and all that).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:39 - Nov 27 with 4116 viewsWacko

This is a man (Bercow) who:

1. Has known Corbyn personally for 22 years
2. Works in the very environment where these accusations are alleged to have taken place
3. Is a direct political opponent, so has no ulterior motive to support him

His opinion is far more valid than the majority of those accusing Corbyn himself of antisemitism

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:42 - Nov 27 with 4106 viewsFootballpete

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:35 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

Far from it and if you want to know I do like Labour what I dont like like is it has a major problem which could be easily be resolved, plus too many people like to justify it. But what actually do know is the fear some Jewish people actually feel at the moment.

If a labour member / supporter / looney online said exactly what you just did, it would be used as an example of the problem of antisemitism in the Labour Party. Which Jews supported Hitler??

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:42 - Nov 27 with 4104 viewsBloomBlue

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:39 - Nov 27 by Wacko

This is a man (Bercow) who:

1. Has known Corbyn personally for 22 years
2. Works in the very environment where these accusations are alleged to have taken place
3. Is a direct political opponent, so has no ulterior motive to support him

His opinion is far more valid than the majority of those accusing Corbyn himself of antisemitism

I accept your opinion however I'm talking about those Jewish people I interact with every day and i believe their opinion is far more valuable
Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:52 - Nov 27 with 4053 viewsWacko

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:36 - Nov 27 by Swansea_Blue

Interesting. I honestly don't know where to sit with all of this. There seems to be a lot of evidence that there's a problem. At least sufficient for the EHRC to insist on a full investigation. That has to be taken at face value and we need that report. On the flip side, two investigations so far have not equivocally said that they are antisemitic (but have raised concerns, and one of those has been critisesed, although politicking may come into that).

I'm waiting for the full inquiry report,. Bercow's viewscan't be dismissed out of hand though. And the Labour manifesto isn't one of a systematic antisemitic party either (words easier than action though and all that).

Bercow, as do most people, recognises there's a problem within the party. However the recent report you mentioned says there's "no reliable, empirical evidence to support the notion that there is a higher prevalence of antisemitic attitudes within the Labour Party than any other party."

It would be naive and disingenuous to claim that absolutely none of the accusations of anti-semitism in the Labour Party come from politicized motives. When Ed Miliband was leader, even he (a jew) was accused of antisemitism when he criticized an Israeli ground incursion into Gaza.

And another comment from Norman Finkelstein:

[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 22:59]

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:58 - Nov 27 with 4016 viewsWacko

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:42 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

I accept your opinion however I'm talking about those Jewish people I interact with every day and i believe their opinion is far more valuable

What do you mean by valuable? Do you understand how propaganda and misinformation works? If we're using the example of the Nazis, Hitler and his regime at the time instilled a real fear and mistrust of Jews - people who had nothing but concordance with their Jewish neighbours suddenly started hating them because they were pumped full of unfounded vitriolic messages from the media and the government.

I'm not saying this is 100% what is happening with Corbyn and Labour, but to value the opinion of random friends on the street over that of someone who has direct contact with those accused is absurd

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 23:04 - Nov 27 with 3998 viewsBloomBlue

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:58 - Nov 27 by Wacko

What do you mean by valuable? Do you understand how propaganda and misinformation works? If we're using the example of the Nazis, Hitler and his regime at the time instilled a real fear and mistrust of Jews - people who had nothing but concordance with their Jewish neighbours suddenly started hating them because they were pumped full of unfounded vitriolic messages from the media and the government.

I'm not saying this is 100% what is happening with Corbyn and Labour, but to value the opinion of random friends on the street over that of someone who has direct contact with those accused is absurd

They aren't random friends, my wife is Jewish I spend many hours, days, weeks, years with Jewish people and they have real fear about their children and grandchildren lives. Many haven't seen this for years and what scares them is people justifying it.
Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 23:05 - Nov 27 with 3992 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:52 - Nov 27 by Wacko

Bercow, as do most people, recognises there's a problem within the party. However the recent report you mentioned says there's "no reliable, empirical evidence to support the notion that there is a higher prevalence of antisemitic attitudes within the Labour Party than any other party."

It would be naive and disingenuous to claim that absolutely none of the accusations of anti-semitism in the Labour Party come from politicized motives. When Ed Miliband was leader, even he (a jew) was accused of antisemitism when he criticized an Israeli ground incursion into Gaza.

Yep. Obviously if the issue isn't any larger in Labour than any other party that doesn't mean that if there is an issue it shouldn't be tackled. But its bound to be politicised.

Of course, if they get hung out to dry in the inquiry there will be a lot of apologies needed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 23:15 - Nov 27 with 3977 viewsWacko

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 23:04 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

They aren't random friends, my wife is Jewish I spend many hours, days, weeks, years with Jewish people and they have real fear about their children and grandchildren lives. Many haven't seen this for years and what scares them is people justifying it.

This is very sad, and of course in an ideal world, no one should feel afraid because of who they are.

But the point most people are making when they 'defend' Corbyn and the Labour Party regarding anti-semitism, is that under a Labour government there is no evidence that there will be a rise in anti-semitism, since the levels of anti-semitism within the party are at the same as in other parties and in society in general. They can of course do more to tackle it. The disproportionate level of reporting of Labour anti-semitism from the media is causing an unnecessary panic amongst a lot of people in the Jewish community, in my opinion. I personally know some Jews who have been smeared by publications such as the Jewish Chronicle as being antisemitic, when the reports themselves are outright lies.

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 23:17 - Nov 27 with 3968 viewsWacko

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 23:05 - Nov 27 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. Obviously if the issue isn't any larger in Labour than any other party that doesn't mean that if there is an issue it shouldn't be tackled. But its bound to be politicised.

Of course, if they get hung out to dry in the inquiry there will be a lot of apologies needed.

No, for sure. But in Corbyn, at least there's a leader who is trying (the level of which is up for debate) to put a stop to it, rather than Johnson who actively stirs up racial prejudice.

Very interested in the inquiry!

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 23:17 - Nov 27 with 3968 viewsHerbivore

You tit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 00:14 - Nov 28 with 3919 viewsJ2BLUE

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:20 - Nov 27 by Dubtractor

You're usually a decent poster, but by christ that is a fookwitted post.

You must be getting him confused with someone else...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 05:29 - Nov 28 with 3860 viewsgiant_stow

Read this last night and thought it was very balanced and almost conciliatory article about the whole affair: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/26/antisemitism-politics-desp

I don't want to be part of the 'familiar cycle' it describes anymore.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 06:37 - Nov 28 with 3827 viewscaught-in-limbo

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 22:52 - Nov 27 by Wacko

A lot of people don't like listening to Finkelstein (even I've found it hard at times), but he's an important person in the antisemitism debate and his words are worth listening to, always.

Video segment 2:06 - 3:18 is not something I'd considered before, but it's very important - especially for Jewish people, of course.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 06:54 - Nov 28 with 3792 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Toto Nsiala doesn’t believe the Toto Nsiala song is racist...

On a serious note it’s obvious Corbyn himself isn’t an anti-semite, and suggestions that he is are ridiculous. However that doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem with anti-semitism within the Labour Party that has been enabled under Corbyn’s watch

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 08:01 - Nov 28 with 3716 viewsElderGrizzly

Spent over an hour one on one with Bercow talking over various topics recently.

Corbyn is definitely not anti-semetic in his view. What was clear he said was how far apart Corbyn and McDonnell are on key Labour policies and have been for a while.
Another Jew who doesn't believe Corbyn is antisemitic on 08:10 - Nov 28 with 3690 viewsBluefish

Plenty say that trump is not racist but that doesn't mean that he isn't

Apparently I have to post links for everything https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/21/black-voice

[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 8:19]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024