Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 23:16 - Nov 27 with 6983 viewsgibbsm1

I’m a bit worried about him. He misses so many chances and I worry he won’t be able to step up beyond this level. Is my concern justified?

Also, I’d like to see Lambert starting more players with a higher class and pedigree. Huws, Dozzell, Judge and Keane all belong at a higher level. The team that finished last night had a very league one feel about it. Not convinced at all by Edwards or Rowe

Norwood on 23:35 - Nov 27 with 5740 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not really. All he needs to do is help get us out of this crap league. He does miss a lot, but we knew that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwood on 23:42 - Nov 27 with 5722 viewsunstableblue

Terrible miss at the end of a lovely move... and when our momentum was building

Think he over thought it, tried to direct the header to left of keeper when there was no need.

He'll come good for us.... Bristol Rovers and Gillingham at home should give him some further chances

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Norwood on 08:09 - Nov 28 with 5441 viewsRRB

have we forgotten that he has just got back from an injury?
Norwood on 08:22 - Nov 28 with 5403 viewsReuser_is_God

Norwood on 23:42 - Nov 27 by unstableblue

Terrible miss at the end of a lovely move... and when our momentum was building

Think he over thought it, tried to direct the header to left of keeper when there was no need.

He'll come good for us.... Bristol Rovers and Gillingham at home should give him some further chances

I’m not sure it was a terrible miss as you describe.

He flung himself at the ball & just couldn’t get enough on it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Norwood on 08:31 - Nov 28 with 5369 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

His finishing isn't great, but we knew that he would miss chances, he scores in spells it seems.

However, we really are crap without him, he offers us a focal point that only he can really.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Norwood on 08:41 - Nov 28 with 5340 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwood on 08:31 - Nov 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

His finishing isn't great, but we knew that he would miss chances, he scores in spells it seems.

However, we really are crap without him, he offers us a focal point that only he can really.

The Daryl Murphy of the side.

If only a player like Daryl Murphy was available at the start of the season as cover for Norwood's injuries and suspensions....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwood on 09:02 - Nov 28 with 5287 viewsPJH

Norwood on 08:41 - Nov 28 by ITFC_Forever

If only a player like Daryl Murphy was available at the start of the season as cover for Norwood's injuries and suspensions....

But the idea is that he is the player that is going to get twenty odd (or more) goals to carry us to promotion.

He might still do that but to get close to twenty odd goals he will either have to take a higher proportion of his chances or have even more chances created for him-admittedly he only had one chance on Tuesday.

At the moment he has got nearly as many bookings as goals.
Norwood on 09:03 - Nov 28 with 5284 viewshomer_123

Norwood on 09:02 - Nov 28 by PJH

But the idea is that he is the player that is going to get twenty odd (or more) goals to carry us to promotion.

He might still do that but to get close to twenty odd goals he will either have to take a higher proportion of his chances or have even more chances created for him-admittedly he only had one chance on Tuesday.

At the moment he has got nearly as many bookings as goals.

He's more Joe Garner than Murphs, at the moment!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 09:04 - Nov 28 with 5286 viewsHerbivore

I think we all know deep down that he's not likely to make the step up but he's plenty good enough for this level. He does miss too many chances and that's why this level will be his ceiling but I expect him to get 20 goals this season, he just needs one to go in again and I think he'll hit a bit of form.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood on 09:05 - Nov 28 with 5281 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Norwood on 09:03 - Nov 28 by homer_123

He's more Joe Garner than Murphs, at the moment!

In terms of hold up play and bringing others in

Murphy and Garner were far better goal scorers

Garner could've had 20 goals when he was here if it wasn't for his injury.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Norwood on 09:06 - Nov 28 with 5279 viewsGuthrum

Norwood on 08:41 - Nov 28 by ITFC_Forever

I think the reasons we didn't go after Daryl Murphy was concern about his age and fitness (which has proven unjustified), possibly wages (Bolton have just been taken over by new investors) and maybe also a desire by him not to play second fiddle and sit on the bench a lot.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 9:07]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Norwood on 09:06 - Nov 28 with 5274 viewsWickets

Norwood on 08:22 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

I’m not sure it was a terrible miss as you describe.

He flung himself at the ball & just couldn’t get enough on it.

Yes i agree it was just a bit unfortunate that it was just out of his reach, he was at full stretch and could only get a bit of a glance on it . Now if he was been 2" taller !!
Norwood on 09:11 - Nov 28 with 5252 viewsBasuco

James Norwood is the player we miss most when he is not in the team, it is his hold up and link up play we miss most. Look how much better Kayden Jackson is with Norwood along side him, if anything we need a similar hold up target man in the side as an alternative. This is the type of player I feel we need to sign in January to ensure we stay in the top two all season.
Norwood on 09:29 - Nov 28 with 5194 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I said before the start of the season that Norwood scores a goal for every 5 chances he has.

His goals per chances record hasn't been much better than other leading goal scorers in League 2 and the Conf. So he's not a lethal finisher.

However, maybe he creates more chances for himself, or maybe he is selfish with his chances?

That said, he is good for the team, and we play better with him. Sears will be out best striker when he returns.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood on 09:44 - Nov 28 with 5143 viewsdavblue

Norwood on 09:06 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

I think the reasons we didn't go after Daryl Murphy was concern about his age and fitness (which has proven unjustified), possibly wages (Bolton have just been taken over by new investors) and maybe also a desire by him not to play second fiddle and sit on the bench a lot.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 9:07]

The way we are playing he would be a starter he would suit us.

Norwood for Tranmere was the one who got in behind, i don't think we are playing him the right way, he's not a target man or a hold up player.
Norwood on 09:47 - Nov 28 with 5113 viewsyesjohn99

Norwood on 09:05 - Nov 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

In terms of hold up play and bringing others in

Murphy and Garner were far better goal scorers

Garner could've had 20 goals when he was here if it wasn't for his injury.

And if he stopped diving at every god given opportunity.
Norwood on 09:50 - Nov 28 with 5108 viewsyesjohn99

Needs to stop being used as a target man for our hoof ball tactics. Will Keane is the better fit for our style of play at the moment.
Edwards not good enough.
Norwood on 10:02 - Nov 28 with 5066 viewsusm

Darren Bent used to miss a lot of chances, but he did ok.

Youve got to be in position to miss chances and Norwood has that, just watch his movement. He'll score more than enough but he'll also miss a few, especially once hes properly match fit.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Norwood on 10:08 - Nov 28 with 5036 viewscrossyitfc

Norwood on 09:50 - Nov 28 by yesjohn99

Needs to stop being used as a target man for our hoof ball tactics. Will Keane is the better fit for our style of play at the moment.
Edwards not good enough.

Will Keane doesn't win enough headers and his hold-up play isn't good enough to be a target man.
Norwood on 10:10 - Nov 28 with 5033 viewsGuthrum

Norwood on 09:44 - Nov 28 by davblue

The way we are playing he would be a starter he would suit us.

Norwood for Tranmere was the one who got in behind, i don't think we are playing him the right way, he's not a target man or a hold up player.

Spot on with your second paragraph.

See quite a few of these:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Norwood on 11:42 - Nov 28 with 4778 viewsTractorJack

Norwood on 10:10 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

Spot on with your second paragraph.

See quite a few of these:

Should have scored the other night but I'd always be more worried if a striker is not getting chances.

One thing he should cut out are the long range efforts borne out of frustration.
Norwood on 12:13 - Nov 28 with 4692 viewsGarv

Well we shouldn't expect him to be our main man back in the Championship if we make it. While he scored goals he still came from League Two. He's done well so far but there's no guarantee he'll be a good second tier player. Could be a great sub to have.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood on 12:28 - Nov 28 with 4631 viewsDyland

How Edwards and Rowe got on the pitch on Tuesday before Judge (and arguably others) was beyond me. But what do I know.

Maybe Judge was being rested for the run in.

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Norwood on 12:32 - Nov 28 with 4619 viewsitfcjoe

Norwood on 12:28 - Nov 28 by Dyland

How Edwards and Rowe got on the pitch on Tuesday before Judge (and arguably others) was beyond me. But what do I know.

I'm sure after Judge finally got his goal and hoped to kick on with it that we all expected to only see him for 5 minutes across the next 2 home games....

Back to square 1?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood on 12:44 - Nov 28 with 4567 viewsPilgrimblue

Norwood on 12:28 - Nov 28 by Dyland

More likely being rested for QPR!

Both Judge and Dozzy should have been on at 70 mins. We desperately needed some quality while Wycombe were kicking out anywhere to disrupt us. I can't see either being used this weekend! Bearing the time before next league game i'd play almost full team to get the side to gel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024