Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act 13:41 - Nov 28 with 5818 viewsGeefunk

together and form an electoral pact. Neither party is going to achieve anything without this. Lib Dems only want to Remain and they cannot achieve this splitting the remain vote in 2.

This whole fiasco is so depressing............

An electoral party that has spent 10 years destroying this country is going to get a whopping majority

This post has been edited by an administrator
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 14:51 - Nov 28 with 5543 viewsBlue_badge

I don't understand why this is under the football thread and not the other 'rubbish post' one
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 14:58 - Nov 28 with 5533 viewsSwansea_Blue

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 14:51 - Nov 28 by Blue_badge

I don't understand why this is under the football thread and not the other 'rubbish post' one

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:22 - Nov 28 with 5508 viewslegally_blue

Because it would be political suicide for both of them? The LibDems are still struggling to reclaim their status as centrists following their coalition with the Tories; teaming up with the most left-leaning Labour Party in years is not going to help that. And as for Labour, given how hard party members go against any perceived Blairites with allegations of being right-wing,imagine how they would react if Corbyn did a deal with the Lib Dems!!
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:28 - Nov 28 with 5489 viewsSwansea_Blue

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:22 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

Because it would be political suicide for both of them? The LibDems are still struggling to reclaim their status as centrists following their coalition with the Tories; teaming up with the most left-leaning Labour Party in years is not going to help that. And as for Labour, given how hard party members go against any perceived Blairites with allegations of being right-wing,imagine how they would react if Corbyn did a deal with the Lib Dems!!

There's some analysis floating around that shows that if the were to collaborate and force the tactical vote, they'd both increase seats at the Tories expense. That probably excludes what you're talking about though - the impact on their own seats where their own voters could rebel against doing deals with 'the other side'.

I think the main problem is that old habits die hard. Politics in this country is so confrontational with a winner takes all mindset. Even though they know it would be sensible to work together, once parties get into campaign mode they can't help themselves.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:44 - Nov 28 with 5448 viewsStokieBlue

Because they don't really agree on much either?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:58 - Nov 28 with 5417 viewsitfcjoe

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:44 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

Because they don't really agree on much either?

SB

They’d be able to thrash that out in coalition talks!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 16:36 - Nov 28 with 5367 viewsPinewoodblue

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:58 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

They would have to agree a leader first

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 18:12 - Nov 28 with 5315 viewsbraveblue

Destroying the country that was virtually bankrupt 10 years ago? Low inflation, low interest rates, record employment, consistent economic growth, wages now ahead of inflation. It’s a disaster!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 18:26 - Nov 28 with 5294 viewsBlueyandCrazy

That is one issue, but the other one sending Boris towards a majority is why on earth are Remainers who may admittedly be open to a soft Brexit voting for a Tory hard Brexit.

This doesn’t make sense either.....

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 00:12 - Nov 29 with 5207 viewswkj

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 15:58 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

I should imagine Lib Dem members are still reeling from the last coalition they took part in. The fact they slid behind the SNP as the third party suggests it had a bit of an impact last time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 01:38 - Nov 29 with 5177 viewsActionMan

The same reason that the Conservatives won't team up with the Brexit Party - they all crave power over anything else. The fact anyone actually believes any of the main parties will deliver anything they stay is also laughable and explains why religions still exist because despite the followers being lied to time, and time again, scandals, and so on the blind still follow their leaders and thats the real problem. We as an electorate don't have our acts together because the majority of you are thick and will vote Con-Lab-Lib over and over again expecting different results based on your blind faith. You are as mad as any religious idiot in your devotion to these people. It's actually amazing how many people are that thick to keep voting for any of them. Look at the mess they have made.

Also Postal Ballots are out so a large number of people have already voted already ... so we're past the point where any pacts can be formed. I thought you political genius's would know that at least.... but clearly as blind to your faith as you are to electoral law. Explains why your beloved parties always cheat their finances and expenses to win!

Your liars and cheats are not better than theirs.
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 06:38 - Nov 29 with 5132 viewsTonytown

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 18:12 - Nov 28 by braveblue

Destroying the country that was virtually bankrupt 10 years ago? Low inflation, low interest rates, record employment, consistent economic growth, wages now ahead of inflation. It’s a disaster!!!!!

Food bank use up, poverty up, NHS waiting times up, zero hour contracts up, jobs on minimum wage up

It’s good times for the well off, bad times for the poorer.

10 years of Tory austerity and people want to give a majority to a hard Brexit, hard right government led by a serial liar.

What on earth has happened to this country?
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 06:47 - Nov 29 with 5120 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 06:38 - Nov 29 by Tonytown

Food bank use up, poverty up, NHS waiting times up, zero hour contracts up, jobs on minimum wage up

10 years of Tory austerity and people want to give a majority to a hard Brexit, hard right government led by a serial liar.

Servitude?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 07:18 - Nov 29 with 5111 viewstrncbluearmy

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 06:38 - Nov 29 by Tonytown

Common sense
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 07:54 - Nov 29 with 5087 viewsBloomBlue

Recovering from Blair and Brown spunking all the cash and leaving the Country bankrupt
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 08:02 - Nov 29 with 5079 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why should they. On the left hand you have an extreme left wing party that has alienated many of its more moderate members and voters. On the other you have a middle of the road tory-light party that exist for protest voters. I can't think of anybody I know that sees any similarity between the two parties as they are currently run.

What makes you think the tories will get a whopping majority? They got 42% of the vote last time and will get around 42% of the vote this time. Having totally alienated 50% of their own voters through Brexit and appointing a compulsive liar and law breaker as leader, turned Scotland into a SDP state - and repulsed the DUP they will have to go some to gain the seats required to have a majority.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 08:26 - Nov 29 with 5043 viewsBluebell

*Their* act.
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:21 - Nov 29 with 4994 viewsPlums

Three words:
Corbyn and Momentum

Completely unpalatable to the vast majority of Lib Dem members and voters
Opposing fanatics at one end of the spectrum by cosying up to more fanatics at the other end is not a centrist position.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:23 - Nov 29 with 4991 viewschicoazul

Because they are diametrically opposed on many many points.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:32 - Nov 29 with 4981 viewsDarth_Koont

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:23 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

Because they are diametrically opposed on many many points.

Not on the key point of Brexit and a second referendum.

I think the LibDems will need to show what they are prepared to say and do to get the Remain that became the central plank of their campaign. And Labour need to accommodate them.

Pronouns: He/Him

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:34 - Nov 29 with 4979 viewschicoazul

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:32 - Nov 29 by Darth_Koont

Not on the key point of Brexit and a second referendum.

I think the LibDems will need to show what they are prepared to say and do to get the Remain that became the central plank of their campaign. And Labour need to accommodate them.

I believe many voters would abandon the LDs if their admitted-plan was to back a Labour government. And as you allude to the LDs do not want a second referendum.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:47 - Nov 29 with 4964 viewsHARRY10

Very easy.

Swinson has to portray Corbyn as the dark satan that her lot would not touch with a barge pole so as to not scare off propspectuve Tories who are scared of the hard right the Tories are currently ie it's safe to swap you Con vote to a Libdem because we won't be having no truck with the Dark Lord Corbyn.

Similarly they don't want Labour voters to see them as being the same as many might think I might just as well stick with Labour.

The reality is both parties are fully aware that there is every thought that they will have to come to some sort of compromise after the election but it suits neither interest to say so at this stage.

And I am sure there are umpteen deals being done between the two parties at 'ground level', whereby each shift resources to target seats and let others 'whither and die'. I can't see the libdems putting much effort into Ipswich where it will be a two horse race. Likewise over the border the battle between Libdems and the Tories in N Norfolk won't see much of an effort from Labour.
I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:50 - Nov 29 with 4960 viewsDarth_Koont

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:34 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

I believe many voters would abandon the LDs if their admitted-plan was to back a Labour government. And as you allude to the LDs do not want a second referendum.

They and their supporters want a second referendum versus a straight Brexit —and no doubt an unnecessarily hard one at that. What other choice do they have?

They went into power and propped up austerity but they won't compromise to avoid Brexit? Madness.

Pronouns: He/Him

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:55 - Nov 29 with 4943 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:47 - Nov 29 by HARRY10

Very easy.

Swinson has to portray Corbyn as the dark satan that her lot would not touch with a barge pole so as to not scare off propspectuve Tories who are scared of the hard right the Tories are currently ie it's safe to swap you Con vote to a Libdem because we won't be having no truck with the Dark Lord Corbyn.

Similarly they don't want Labour voters to see them as being the same as many might think I might just as well stick with Labour.

The reality is both parties are fully aware that there is every thought that they will have to come to some sort of compromise after the election but it suits neither interest to say so at this stage.

And I am sure there are umpteen deals being done between the two parties at 'ground level', whereby each shift resources to target seats and let others 'whither and die'. I can't see the libdems putting much effort into Ipswich where it will be a two horse race. Likewise over the border the battle between Libdems and the Tories in N Norfolk won't see much of an effort from Labour.

I suspect the Lib Dems are putting no effort into Ipswich as they polled just 1,187 votes their in 2017, coming in behind even UKIP, rather than because of any kind of agreement with Labour

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:59 - Nov 29 with 4933 viewschicoazul

I dont understand why the Lib Dems and Labour cannot get there act on 10:50 - Nov 29 by Darth_Koont

They and their supporters want a second referendum versus a straight Brexit —and no doubt an unnecessarily hard one at that. What other choice do they have?

They went into power and propped up austerity but they won't compromise to avoid Brexit? Madness.

Do you see Blubbers voting LD if he knows that will mean a Labour led government?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024